The Dirty Secret In Your Glass Of "Healthy" Orange Juice - Proof That Globalism = Nasty Feces

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The Flavor Of Your OJ Is A Chemically-Induced Mirage

There's a dirty secret in your glass of orange juice.

There's a dirty secret in your glass of orange juice. Even though it says "not from concentrate," it probably sat in a large vat for up to year with all the oxygen was removed from it. This allows it to be preserved and dispensed all year-round. Taking out all the O2 also gets rid of all the flavor. So the juice makers have to add the flavors back in using preformulated recipes full of chemicals called "flavor packs." Mmm, delicious, fresh-squeezed ethyl-butyrate!

consumerist.com...

Ummm.... Yuk?

Juice companies therefore hire flavor and fragrance companies, the same ones that formulate perfumes for Dior and Calvin Klein, to engineer flavor packs to add back to the juice to make it taste fresh. Flavor packs aren't listed as an ingredient on the label because technically they are derived from orange essence and oil. Yet those in the industry will tell you that the flavor packs, whether made for reconstituted or pasteurized orange juice, resemble nothing found in nature. The packs added to juice earmarked for the North American market tend to contain high amounts of ethyl butyrate, a chemical in the fragrance of fresh squeezed orange juice that, juice companies have discovered, Americans favor."

civileats.com...

Simply disgusting, what does this mean?
It means globalism is always a disgusting path because the best fresh quality will always come from a decentralized free market economy

It's so sad too, I love "simply orange"
I guess I have to not buy it anymore, unless perhaps during specific months
edit on 30-7-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This sounds a lot more like the big juice corporations, such as Welchs or Sunny D.

It's all about getting your juice from the independant people. Not the corporations that can afford TV commercials.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Is there anything that isn't tainted in some form?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Anything you wanna grow for self I guess. It seems nothing store-bought anymore is any good.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And the moral of the story...

Don't drink orange juice, eat a orange!

Make sure you wash it first though after peeling. At least rinse with water.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
This sounds a lot more like the big juice corporations, such as Welchs or Sunny D.

Sunny D? has absolutely nothing to do with real juice, its crap and chalked full of more crap its called on "orange beverage". Makes me wonder wonder though if Tropicana and Minute Maid are one of these juice companies with flavor packs. IF someone called there toll free number and recorded the call to put up on ATS would be awesome.(actually why don't people do that more and all companies?)

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
It's all about getting your juice from the independent people. Not the corporations that can afford TV commercials.

It's true and I agree to throw it out there I would also recommend as I do from time to time is to make the juice your self with a juicer it can be more cost effective to attain the proper proportion.

Thanks Op for the article it really has me quesioning my juices
edit on 30-7-2011 by tonyinawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
People need to stop eating period.

Because there is crap in everyrhing.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ethyl-butyrate... Yummmm.

This reminded me (for some strange reason) of local produce grown in South Carolina, specifically peaches.

During the summer months, the ONLY place that you can find South Carolina peaches are at roadside stands. None of the chain supermarkets carry them - NONE - not Walmart, not Bi-Lo, not Publix; you simply can not find local produce on their shelves. For some reason, the peaches sold in the stores come from South America. So where do OUR peaches go?

Fun Fact: Even though Georgia is known as "The Peach State," South Carolina actually produces TWICE as many peaches as our neighbor to the west. South Carolina Beats Neighbor In Peach Produce
edit on 7/30/2011 by OldCorp because: my "L" key sticks

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
...i realize the thread op is about chemicals in our food but i was drawn to the "nasty feces" part...

...long, long, long ago
when i was in college, i had a wonderful microbiology professor who got me over the hump of being creeped out about all the nasties we ingest, a lot of which came from us contaminating our food preparation areas with dishrags, dishtowels and sponges...

...speaking of crap - we've been ingesting feces tainted foods for countless eons... one of my cousins lived in africa for a decade or so (dont remember which country) and she freaked out when she realized that many people used their own feces to fertilize their gardens... i asked her why she thought cow or horse poop was less nasty than human poop... we laughed a lot that day...

...one last thing - bugs parts in your food... just because you cant see em dont mean they aint there...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

On that note, although off topic, (sorry) My ex refused to eat potatos from our compost heap, because they were dirty! I haven't stopped laughing about that. He didn't get the joke,

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ethyl-butyrate:

Ethyl butyrate, also known as ethyl butanoate, or butyric ether, is an ester with the chemical formula CH3CH2CH2COOCH2CH3. It is soluble in propylene glycol, paraffin oil, and kerosene. It has a fruity odor, similar to pineapple.[

Oh YUM! Smells "like" pineapple.

It is commonly used as artificial flavoring such as pineapple flavoring in alcoholic beverages (e.g. martinis, daiquiris etc), as a solvent in perfumery products, and as a plasticizer for cellulose. In addition, ethyl butyrate is often also added to orange juice, as most associate its odor with that of fresh orange juice.

Source for above texts

Wait, didn't they say it was "like" pineapple? Now it's said to be "associated" with "Fresh orange juice".. I wonder how many people actually know what real Orange juice tastes and smells like. I can't stand the stuff from the store.

Either way... it isn't real orange or pineapple juice..

"Not from Concentrate" means just that, doesn't mean it's not other things.. I'm so thirsy now.. NOT!

Thanks for the info, OP.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
edit on 30-7-2011 by akkad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Is there anything that isn't tainted in some form?

No.. Sadly its a big fat NO!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
S&F op.

I work in the food industry and I think most of you would be disgusted by whats in our food.

Don't even get me started on what's in peanut butter!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

As a Canary with MCS, I find that orange juice from a carton makes me depressed.
But orange juice from real oranges dosnt make me depressed.
Perhaps your post explains why. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have a Jack Lelanne juicer (its really worth it, and you can catch a 2 for 1 deal too!)
MMMMMMM its good.

The first time I had real fresh squeezed OJ when I was younger- I couldn't believe it was orange juice.
After that, I could never drink that bottled'cartoned swill ever again.

(Also, you have to drink juice shortly after its...juiced....after that all the nutrients basically go out the window)
edit on 30-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
what is ethyl butyrate? Is this toxic by itself? what if you drank just that, i wonder what would happen to you. Maybe someone should feed them this ethyl butyrate and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Oh Noooo! Not my OJ!!!

You bastards!!

Seriously I love OJ! Whaaaaa!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Damn...I saw mention of alcohol. There's goes that yummy Parrot Bay Pineapple Rum. Or maybe not. Maybe I will just have to live beyond the fear and get all the enjoyment out of life I can since no one is getting out alive anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I feel kinda of sick right now... I don't think I will be able to ever drink orange juice again.

Literally every week we consume like 3-4 cartons of the no name stuff. I always wondered how they made so much OJ.

I say we revolt purely based on this, this... atrocity!

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join