It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Memorial Ceremony 2011: An "all-star line-up" of guests--and a look at who's been excluded

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Looks like we've got an all-star lineup attending the 9/11 Memorial Ceremony in New York; this, of course, being the 10-year anniversary of the attacks:

manhattan.ny1.com...

Obama, Bush, and Guiliani....all in one place.....wow.

This event will coincide with the opening of the 9/11 Memorial Plaza.

Some interesting facts about the event:

Obama’s and Bush’s presence marks the first time a past or present U.S. president has participated in the annual event

According to NYC Mayor Mark Bloomberg, there will be no speeches; only quotes and poems will be presented along with the reading of the names of the victims. Bloomberg says, "speeches are inappropriate" at this event.

Only the family members of slain victims will be allowed to attend the event. The public will NOT be permitted inside the memorial plaza during the ceremony. The plaza will not open to the public until the following day, and visitors must reserve tickets in advance. Bloomberg sites space constraints as the reason.

Members of the World Trade Center Survivors' Network are not being allowed to attend the ceremony either:

blogs.villagevoice.com...

This is what the Mayor's office spokesperson, Andrew Brent, had to say about the exclusion of the survivor's group:

"In years past, members of this survivors group were permitted to attend once it was clear that attendance numbers of victims' family members would allow it. The commemoration ceremony is for victim's family members, and this year -- on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 -- the expectation is there will be no opportunity for members of the group to attend. September 11th will again be an emotional day for victims' family members, survivors, responders, millions of New Yorkers and people from all over the country and the world, but obvious space constraints on the Memorial plaza will limit the attendees to victims' families."

I'm sure Obama, Bush, et al, aren't too upset about the "space constraints" that happen to limit the number of people who can attend this ceremony. After all, it helps minimize the number of individuals who might be inclined to throw their shoes at "certain attendees."
edit on 30-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Excluding the survivors of the attack is a bunch of bull. Why shouldn't they be allowed to attend? Most of them were employees in those buildings, who worked with the victims for who knows how many years.

It's like if my father died in war, and then not allowing any of the people who were right there in battle with him to attend his funeral. Actually, it's more like if I held a memorial service for him, ten years later, and then didn't allow them to come.

What do you think?
edit on 7/30/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I have seen a lot of hysteria going around about the fact that something bad is going to happen this September 9th 2011. I dunno why but its mainly because the dates got some weird esoteric/occult meaning to it which makes it significant.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see with these predictions as usual.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

Excluding the survivors of the attack is a bunch of bull. Why shouldn't they be allowed to attend? Most of them were employees in those buildings, who worked with the victims for who knows how many years. It's like if my father died in war, and then not allowing any of the people who were right there in battle with him to attend his funeral. Actually, it's more like if I held a memorial service for them, ten years later, and then didn't allow them to come. What do you think?

I think that as more years pass, fear grows that there will be more protestors at events like this. Survivors of the attack who have awakened to this sham aren't the kind of people who Bush and those of his ilk want to see face-to-face.

Aside from the fact it seems rather insensitive to the survivors, it also appears that "space constraints" are a convenient fact for those who wish not to be confronted about 9/11 issues.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

I have seen a lot of hysteria going around about the fact that something bad is going to happen this September 9th 2011. I dunno why but its mainly because the dates got some weird esoteric/occult meaning to it which makes it significant.

Where? Please show us.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I can assure you that the security will be stricter than ever. And that's good!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I have seen a lot of hysteria going around about the fact that something bad is going to happen this September 9th 2011. I dunno why but its mainly because the dates got some weird esoteric/occult meaning to it which makes it significant. I guess we'll just have to wait and see with these predictions as usual.

Casius, I am aware of those ominous predictions, but I have found that concentrating too much on things that "might happen" serves no useful purpose in the end. As you've probably witnessed here on ATS, many people get themselves all worked up over such things, then 99.9% of the time, it was for nothing. LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DrakeBloodaxXe

I can assure you that the security will be stricter than ever. And that's good!

I agree.

This is one instance where more security shouldn't be frowned upon.....unless some reporter wants to chuck a shoe at "someone." I would not oppose such activity in this case. LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If anyone should be pissed at bush its the victims of the tragedy. Of course they're limiting the crowd they know its gonna spark a riot. Hell it could still spark a riot, who knows what will happen once the bush scent gets into the air.

My guess is moneys gonna start vanishing without a trace, towers are gonna fall for no apparent reason. Anything could happen when bush is in town.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I hate BUSH!!!! I do believe this is on topic...lol!!! good'lord!

I remember the day that Obama was let into office.... goF**kyourselfCheney leaving in his wheelchair all by his little self...and then: Bush and Obama walking down this sidewalk together basically hand in hand.

I knew then that I had been duped! My vote for change and big change was a joke.

Bush=Obama and nothing has changed...along with 911 and the search for the truth.

Bush has been on a whirlwind Media blitz trying to explain why his reaction to hearing that a plane was flown into the WTC was soo s-l-o-w. Is this explanation in hopes that people will love him and Mayor Guili come this 911 anniversary?

I hate BUSH/OBAMA... they're going to ruin another 911~ !!

byGEORGE I think I got it!!! lol
edit on 30-7-2011 by tracehd1 because: re:touchUP

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, and I agree. But, let's say if I were running it. I would hold however many ceremonies it took so every victim/survivor that wanted to attend, could.

As for protesters, I get sad just picturing that in my head. Yelling at victim's family members as they walk in/out of the place screaming 9/11 was an inside job, is just a rude thing to do at a service like that. I have attended a few protests myself, but going as far as harassing the people who were already hurt by what they are protesting just seems very wrong to me. It's just not the right time to protest in my opinion.

edit on 7/30/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

Hell it could still spark a riot, who knows what will happen once the bush scent gets into the air.

"The bush scent"......

My favorite phrase of the day.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

I understand what you are saying, and I agree. But, let's say if I were running it. I would hold however many ceremonies it took so every victim/survivor that wanted to attend, could.

I agree, Digital, I think they should have found a way to include EVERYONE who was part of that event, survivors, emergency crews, ANYONE who lived through it. This is the ten-year anniversary! I agree that protesting in a manner that causes a scene and distracts from the tribute to the victims who died is not in good taste and I don't condone that at all. However, the anger builds with every passing year because of the information that has surfaced over time. This thing's gonna blow at some point....and it may not be at a convenient moment, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

We are ALL VICTIMS of the 911 tragedy... are you kidding me?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I never said we weren't I simply stated that if anyone is going to be mad because of the tragedy it would be the actual victims. Not implying that everyone shouldn't be angry about it. I agree we should be angry but our time to be angry was 10years ago but everyone was so brain washed we blamed it on the Afganistan an Iraq. We should of been at ground zero running tests and figuring out how the buildings actually fell but instead we were told to evacuate the area and then we were spoon fed a bunch of bull# about terrorist attacks. While all the evidence was being covered up!

edit on 30-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
IF the premise is that they are closing it off to the public because someone would throw a shoe at 'someone', I think 'someone' certainly would many other opportunities than this.

Of course, if by 'throw a shoe' you mean, someone could use the enormous crowd at the exact spot of the 9-11 attacks to blow up a ton of people and then maybe it is a pretty good reason to limit the public on that one specific day, seeing as it would be a pretty likely target.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

off topic a bit but if you go look at the DESERT PROWLER military patch you will see 9/11 in roman numerals ar mirrors of each other and mirrors/inverses are important in the occult.

11 is one step above god, or something like that in numerology as god = 10
hopefully that will help a little bit.
edit on 30-7-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What does Obama really have to do with 9/11?

Why should even one survivor be left out so he can attend?

Just another PR stunt IMO, he's already on the campaign trail..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

IF the premise is that they are closing it off to the public because someone would throw a shoe at 'someone', I think 'someone' certainly would many other opportunities than this. Of course, if by 'throw a shoe' you mean, someone could use the enormous crowd at the exact spot of the 9-11 attacks to blow up a ton of people and then maybe it is a pretty good reason to limit the public on that one specific day, seeing as it would be a pretty likely target.

My "shoe throwing" reference relates to the incident several years ago where a journalist (I believe from Iraq?) stood up during a press conference and threw a shoe at Bush. It was caught on video.

I was just making the shoe-throwing reference to lighten the thread up a bit.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

What does Obama really have to do with 9/11? Why should even one survivor be left out so he can attend? Just another PR stunt IMO, he's already on the campaign trail..

You said it, my friend.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join