It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Torrential Rain Prompts 410,000 People to Evacuate in Niigata, Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Japan continues:

Record Torrential Rain Prompts 410,000 People to Evacuate in Niigata, Fukushima

(UPDATE 8:24PM PST: Number of people ordered or advised to evacuate in Niigata and Fukushima is now 417,000, according to NHK Kabun Blog tweet. There goes the rice crop...)

Local governments in Niigata and Fukushima prefectures on Friday issued evacuation advisories to thousands of residents due to record rainfall in the two prefectures. The Japan Meteorological Agency said some areas in Niigata and Fukushima prefectures saw precipitation of about 100 millimeters per hour and warned of continued torrential rain in the two prefectures through Saturday morning.

In Niigata Prefecture, the levee broke along the Igarashi River in Sanjo City, necessitating the order to evacuate for 10,000 residents. So far, 369,000 residents in 12 cities and towns in Niigata have been ordered or advised to evacuate. In Fukushima Prefecture, 6,700 residents in 7 towns are ordered or advised to evacuate. The total number of affected households in two prefectures is 126,000, or 375,000 residents.

Source

Torrential rain has caused rivers to overflow in Niigata and Fukushima prefectures in northern Japan. About 207,000 people in 15 municipalities of the 2 prefectures are taking shelter, as of 8 PM on Saturday, following authorities' evacuation orders or advisories. At least 3,000 houses have been flooded in the prefectures. In Niigata's Sanjo City, more than 10,000 people were ordered to evacuate after a dike collapsed.

Source
edit on 30-7-2011 by Human0815 because: add of info

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Japan, Fukushima in particular is turning into a perfect storm of disaster on disaster. Well I accepted my fate here on the left coast of North America so I suppose I will pop some GMO corn and watch it all go to hell in a hand basket.
seed

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

You know, the beauty of Life is that after Rain
there will be Sunshine

Maybe it is good that all the Food like the Fruits (Peaches, Cherries, etc) and Rice is washed away,
this is much better than eaten by the People here,
i think also that some Hot Spots will be cleaned up!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Are nothing's wrong with Fukushima, ain't a damn thing wrong everything is just fine.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

You need to know that there are Mountains in between,
more bad is the Earthquake we have at this moment, Mag. 6,4.

This is very bad because of Land- and Mudslides!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by mustard seed

You know, the beauty of Life is that after Rain
there will be Sunshine

Maybe it is good that all the Food like the Fruits (Peaches, Cherries, etc) and Rice is washed away,
this is much better than eaten by the People here,
i think also that some Hot Spots will be cleaned up!

I applaud your attitude,noting where you post from, It is a testament of survival and fortitude.Being myself in the Pacific Northwest I too appreciate the cycles of cleansing rain and sun. My comments were only sarcasm which does not translate well between languages much less between text on a screen. Stay genki, your attitude is ichiban! ( all my non-profane japanese) and I am saying lightly what I feel deeply.
seed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that perhaps this record rain was not coincidental? Maybe its nature doing its bit to help clean up the mess they have made. Either that or some weather modification device.

new topics

top topics

join