It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution... a kids fairytale

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OP as a programmer would certainly enjoy this interesting read:
Genetic Algorithms and Evolutionary Computation

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
What strikes me funny is that evolution has all kinds holes and steps on it's own foot however the bible is the only doctrine that no one can find any contradicting aspects of it, it's very clear and in unity (what's remarkable that the book took thousands years by several writers to complete )but you refuse listen to it because why? "mystical creature" haha ok whatever floats your boat.

edit on 30-7-2011 by samaka because: (no reason given)

If you want to believe in unicorns, fire breathing dragons and talking snakes that's your problem. Please don't try to force that laughable garbage on to everyone else.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka

You got a lot of reading to do, you tell me I need to do my research hahaha. Oh boy you need to yours and really grasp what it's teaching you. You couldn't even comprehend the simple verses you quoted, you thought it said something but if you read the chapter in it's entirety you'll understand why it was re-stated again in chapter 2

You keep accusing people of not understanding the bible and yet at the same time you never bother to understand evolution. But then again you are a creationist....

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Anytime the government mandates *their* schools to teach something, you can safely assume its crap

Evolution, sex ed., the benefits of integration through affirmative action derived from apartheid procedures, history as we know it, sciences that change their text books ever semester, etc...

The point is, if the government backs up evolution, what else proof do you need to throw it out the window?
edit on 30-7-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

the government also backs up a round earth. I guess that must be thrown out the window too. wow...creationists never cease to amaze me with their sheer level of intellect.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How does the laws of the universe know to respond a certain way and take certain actions of course that evolved humans all by chance?

The "law" itself doesn't need another law to explain the law. Your logic is flawed.

If, for instance, there is a physical law that due to gravitation all things fall "downwards", i don't need to look for an intelligence "behind the law"...this is absurd. Things happen because of physical laws and circumstances which dictate how things happen

Evolution happens because this is the only POSSIBLE OUTCOME...to evolve in what we perceive as "order".

Fish develop fins because they live in water, mammals develop legs because at some point it was advantageous to move.

Put some microrganisms on a dead planet which is capable of housing live - the live WILL evolve in whatever fashion, according to circumstances on this planet. At the end and ultimately, it will always be an "order" and will look miraculously PERFECT because it is the only thing to do: Adaption to the environment.

(What ELSE should happen? Organisms will hardly evolve "against" the environment they live in..they will adapt to and integrate with the environment...eg. this is why animals/humans eat plants or other animals, breathe oxygen etc.)

No one needs to "program" this, this is an absurd notion...

If we assume that live came indeed via DNA from space on comets to "dead planets" (incl Earth) (which is a more and more believed hypothesis)..so where should that "programming" have started?

Someone programmed this DNA on the meteorite to develop "right" wherever it lands? Or someone watching over the whole evolution process from the DNA to the first micro organisms up to the human intelligence...and is "programming" each single step because otherwise all would fall to pieces?

Someone "programmed" physical laws like gravity etc. to ensure that planets dont fall into their suns and that galaxies stay together?

And you believe that?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What strikes me funny is that evolution has all kinds holes and steps on it's own foot however the bible is the only doctrine that no one can find any contradicting aspects of it, it's very clear and in unity (what's remarkable that the book took thousands years by several writers to complete )but you refuse listen to it because why?

First, "doctrine" has a negative taste and you probably are not even aware of this. A doctrine is something someone blindly believes or has to believe for various reasons.

The bible "didn't get completed" by a long-shot but instead is a compilation of religious gospels which were SELECTED by religious powers (which were all HUMAN and with whatever agendas). Sorry to tell you neither god nor jesus "wrote" the bible nor supervised its writing or what should be included or not.
Some texts/gospels were included, some were intentionally left out.

Furthermore..the more i think about it...i think you must be a troll because in your OP you argued you reject Evolution because it demands too much FAITH (!) - while this problem seems not to apply for you when it comes to the bible. This statement alone is absurd and therefore i stop this debate right here since i don't want to feed trolls.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

You're welcome, everybody

Yeah, your High Priest is a real genius. If he doesn't have the answer then no one does. Let's take a closer look if you dare

:

edit on 1-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Yes, Richard Dawkins got lied to by creationists. Ain't that typical?

[

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
More side-stepping, evolution requires "faith" to swallow hook line and sinker, full stop. In regards to my "version" well I'm not the one claiming my "beliefs" don't involve "faith" to believe, you are.

Sorry, science does not require any faith at all - zip, none. And quite frankly at this point I'm not even sure you know what "faith" and "belief" means.

Your head must be spinning with all the circles you've done thus far. I'm clearly referring to the fact that when two people have a belief system(one says they came from GOD, another says they came from the accretion disc revolving around the sun) both of which take faith to believe, and one of them admits it takes faith to believe what they believe in while the other refuses to admit that their belief system requires any faith at all and attempts to pass their belief system off as nothing other than complete truth involving no faith whatsoever, then the former is obviously more honest in this particular issue.

Please don't make me laugh! A creationists talking about honesty? ROFLMAO!!!! CREATIONISTS WILL NEVER ADMIT THAT THEIR BELIEF REQUIRES FAITH. WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? That's why they call their crap Creation "Science" and relentlessly trying to get it taught in science class. Very honest indeed.

Oh dear, I'm referring to the scientific theory of evolution that tells you earth formed from the accretion disc revolving around the sun.

The formation of the Earth and the Sun has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the Theory of Evolution. How many times do we have to say this to creationists just to have their strawman thrown right back at us? How many times has this been said in this thread alone? If you're not even mentally capable of making the simple distinction between Evolutionary Biology and Cosmology then you are truly beyond all hope. You lack even the most basic understanding of science and logic and you have the nerve to come on here and say...

Hang on, what's this now we have a creationist teaching an evolutionist about evolution, madness I say.

...which is exactly why creationists shouldn't teach anybody about evolution. In fact creationists just shouldn't teach period.

It's pretty obvious what I'm saying, and that's until we have observed humans form from inanimate matter, then I will put the theory of evolution in its entirety into the 'faith basket' that will have no benefit to me in this life or the next whether I believe it or not,

What does humans forming from inanimate matter have anything to do with evolution? Isn't that creationism?...that humans formed from dirt?

and regardless of whether or not I'm fortunate enough to get my hands on a time machine and test this theory completely I will still keep my faith in an INTELLIGENT UNSEEN CREATOR until I die, and to be totally honest I think to do anything other than this would be the workings of a fool, but hey that's just me(oh, and over half of the rest of the worlds human population I believe).

Over half of the worlds population believes in what you do? Really?

And your proof of this is...?

Hopefully this enough to keep the zealous wannabe white coat evolutionists from trying to pass fiction off as facts, as I’ve done the evolutionist dance of circles enough already in this thread.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

Obviously you nutjobs aren't keeping anything from happening as the last time I checked, Evolution is still being taught in schools not just in the US but all across the developed world.

Look, it's in your right to believe in whatever fairy tale you want. Sane people will continue to laugh at you until the day you die (and after as well).
edit on 13-8-2011 by Firepac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Sorry, I missed that at the end of your reply to the OP. Could I state that our solar system was a closed system and the Earth just a part of that? If not I could say our local group, or galaxy, and eventually go on to include the Universe. I think this hits on what the OP was suggesting that even given energy from the sun the probability of order from random chaos is nearly infinity impossible. You could throw a stack of brick out of the back of a moving truck and it would most likely never land in the shape of a pyramid. Things even in closed systems tend to become more disordered. Is there an example of order from chaos outside of the Earth? That would be interesting to talk about.

There are plenty of examples of order forming from disorder. Ever heard of crystallization - the formation of crystals? Ever been out in the snow before? Every time a snowflake forms it's an example of order coming from disorder and it's a perfectly natural process. Or do you propose that there's some magical crystal fairy? But then again you do believe in talking snakes....

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

yeah, a dog gives birth to another dog,

Wolves are not dogs.

OH dear, let me fix that for you, lol, a canine gave birth to a canine, now thats better,

In that case an ape giving birth to a human is a primate giving birth to a primate. What's the problem again?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firepac

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

You're welcome, everybody

Yeah, your High Priest is a real genius. If he doesn't have the answer then no one does. Let's take a closer look if you dare

:

edit on 1-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Yes, Richard Dawkins got lied to by creationists. Ain't that typical?

[

What do you mean by this. Are you a Dawkins fan?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I can put end to your confusion, I have answers.
See it in this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Wow, impressive, how long did it take you to look all of that up? If you are that educated about anatomy, figure it all out. Waiting for your explanations.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A mere 4 billion years?

The Big Bang Model is a broadly accepted theory for the origin and evolution of our universe. It postulates that 12 to 14 billion years ago, the portion of the universe we can see today was only a few millimeters across. It has since expanded from this hot dense state into the vast and much cooler cosmos we currently inhabit.

The big bang theory is not simple. It wasn't just an easy-fix answer to life's questions.
It all started when the the temperature of the universe at was 1,000 billion degrees Kelvin and had an extremely high density. I, personally, don't see how someone can refuse to accept Evolution...but each to their own.

www.thekeyboard.org.uk...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Science changes because scientists are willing to accept that they were wrong. If so, they change it. When religion is proven wrong, even on "small" acounts geocentrism, religion ignores it. We ARE learning over time, but one day we will have all the answers.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a computer programmer's (lol) opinion on evolutionary biology should be taken as seriously as a tiolet scrubber's opinion on theoretical physics.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
LOL another perfect example of somebody attacking evolution with no knowledge whatsoever on the theory. Look if you want to challenge modern science, you have to at the very least familiarize yourself with it. Become a scientist, run your own experiments if you don't believe it.

Stop the war on science and promotion of ignorance.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i feel sorry for you .

it seems god is the only answer you have when you don't have an answer for something. not to long ago we thought that the sun was a firey charoit but now we know the difference

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
i feel sorry for you .

it seems god is the only answer you have when you don't have an answer for something. not to long ago we thought that the sun was a firey charoit but now we know the difference

No no no. I demand that the controversy is taught at schools. The sun is a firey chariot! Pyramids were build by aliens! The earth is flat! Storks deliver babies! Waves are caused by Poseidon! Teach the controversy! controversy.wearscience.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by samaka

First of all, I think you're confusing evolution with "abiogenesis". Secondly, scientists aren't saying it all happened randomly, they're saying it's the result of physical (aka natural) forces...something you seem to completely ignore. Just because scientists haven't figured out everything yet doesn't mean you can call the entire process "random"

For the record, scientists have successfully modelled evolution numerous times...in fact, they do it on a daily basis when creating new medicine. They use the theory to predict future outcomes, so if the theory were wrong, they couldn't produce those meds...
edit on 18-4-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join