It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution... a kids fairytale

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

You wrote:

["Evolution in it's ENTIRETY is considered a scientific theory, I beg to differ, as you said scientific theories are not meant to contain philosophy, yet anything that cannot be observed(eg. man coming from a simple cell or from an accretion disk around the sun for that matter, which is included in evolution as a total theory) belongs in philosophy, not science."]

SOME of the un-observable/un-observed is a subject for philosophy. SOME of it falls under the systematic methodology of science, and SOME is a technological question of creating tools making things 'visible'.

The general 'evolution'of the various cosmic manifestations are mainly a subject for scientific systematic methodology, and where there exist knowledge-gaps in this, this doesn't transfer these knowledge-gaps to philosophy or to mythological speculations.

Quote: ["Hopefully that helps you get a bit of a grasp on what I've said previously."]

Disagreeing with your analyses or conclusions doesn't mean that I am unaware of your position and claims. There's nothing complex in the creationist position (as seen as opposed to real science), and to what extent you have a creationist position (or not) can be taken as it emerges.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

There's a few things missing from that evolution diagram, mainly a big blob of nothingness in the middle saying "NOTHING OR GOD".
I think that can be attributed to your lack of intelligence rather than a lack of an explanation. For the first cell to form, there had to be the right ingredients mixing in the same way.

Think of it as baking something in an oven. If you know the ingredients are eggs, flour, milk, water, and butter, but you don't know the recipe, just mixing those five things together over and over again in different amounts and tossing them in the oven isn't going to get it done. However mixing the right ingredients in the right order will get it done.

The same goes for the chemicals mixing to create life, we've known for a while what chemicals the creation of RNA requires, however what order to mix them in was the problem. A sugar, a phosphate, and a letter of the genetic code or a base are the ingredients. These are all made of chemicals that were present on the early earth.

A hybrid containing a sugar and half of a base was made in the lab. This came together in the lab through the process of evaporation, and in case you're unaware evaporation did occur on the early earth. So it would have made it's way into the atmosphere, and fallen from the sky in the form of either rain or snow. Then, it would have landed back in a warm little pond, mixing with the remaining ingredients, the rest of the base and the phosphate, and there you have a building block of RNA as was replicated in the lab.

This PBS Film: Where Did We Come From? explains it in a way that even a 10 year old could understand.

Don't think it's possible? Maybe you missed this news: Scientists Create First Synthetic Cell

The rest of the diagram I find pretty funny as well.
Um...why? Would you find a diagram of a bearded man sitting atop a cloud waving his hands around and creating everything to be less humorous and more realistic?

I wonder what the ape'eists are gong to do when the current apes evolve and want to start pitching tents, fighting humans for land, and forming their own governements
I believe you're confusing reality with the latest 'Planet Of The Apes' film. But I don't blame you, you've already confused a book of fairy-tales with reality so it's a trend that I would expect to see from you.

oh that's right we will have evovled into aliens or something by then right.
Actually aliens would refer to extraterrestrial life forms, that is forms of life that developed elsewhere in the universe, so evolving into a life form that could originate in another solar system or galaxy is impossible and once again highlights your lack of intelligence and ignorance.

Seriously just a massive LOL @ evolution in it's entirety, and they say science is based on observation, yeah right, when was the last time you saw something come from nothing.
Once again, your ignorance makes an expected arrival. That's the problem, you put it as "come from nothing", but it's not nothing. The "nothing" you are referring to are chemicals that were present on the Earth billions of years ago. So in reality, "something" didn't come from "nothing", but instead "something" came from "something".

Science is based on observation. Would you like to observe evolution?: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc07dcbd42f1.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/140d57663485.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
SOME of the un-observable/un-observed is a subject for philosophy. SOME of it falls under the systematic methodology of science, and SOME is a technological question of creating tools making things 'visible'.

The general 'evolution'of the various cosmic manifestations are mainly a subject for scientific systematic methodology, and where there exist knowledge-gaps in this, this doesn't transfer these knowledge-gaps to philosophy or to mythological speculations.

lol, ok then, religion is a science it just has alot of knowledge gaps. Believe what you will, for me and many other there is clearly many parts of evolution that can only come under faith, they cant be observed(including simple cells and apes turning into humans when you throw a few billion/million years at them) call them knowledge gaps if it helps you sleep at night.

Originally posted by haxsaw
"Hopefully that helps you get a bit of a grasp on what I've said previously."

Originally posted by bogomil
Disagreeing with your analyses or conclusions doesn't mean that I am unaware of your position and claims. There's nothing complex in the creationist position (as seen as opposed to real science), and to what extent you have a creationist position (or not) can be taken as it emerges.

You didn't just disagree, you said what the am I talking about, which could be interpreted both ways, anyway good luck filling in your knowledge gaps(faith), enjoy.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
blah blah, we can breed dogs so I must of come from an ape. PICS OF DOGS.

yeah, a dog gives birth to another dog, huge evidence that a simple cell turned into a human after throwing a few billion years at it.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
yeah, a dog gives birth to another dog,

Wolves are not dogs.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

yeah, a dog gives birth to another dog,

Wolves are not dogs.

OH dear, let me fix that for you, lol, a canine gave birth to a canine, now thats better, that definitely proves that you can throw a few billion years at a simple cell and it will turn into a human.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Then what's your problem with a primate giving birth to a primate?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Haxsaw

Then what's your problem with a primate giving birth to a primate?

I dont fall for your faiths(evolution) categorisations, like a scientist will say to a creationist "I'll believe in GOD when I see HIM", well I'll believe apes can slowly turn into a man when I see it. It's not going to help you in this life or the next, but good luck in your faith(evolution) anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

That is so stupid when you look at that picture with open eyes.

How out of place does darwin look, come on now be serious with yourself when you ask yourself that.

He doesen't fit in!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

You wrote:

["lol, ok then, religion is a science it just has alot of knowledge gaps."]

Did you read that in my comment? SOME religions use methods similar to those of the 'soft' sciences; SOME religions try to do that, but get lost in the procedure; and SOME religions are pure fabrications, fabulations, fantasies or even fanatism from mindsets, who can't stand the idea of any degree of existential uncertainty.

Quote: ["Believe what you will, for me and many other there is clearly many parts of evolution that can only come under faith, they cant be observed(including simple cells and apes turning into humans when you throw a few billion/million years at them) call them knowledge gaps if it helps you sleep at night."]

Apart from your confusing 'belief' with 'faith' (there IS a significant difference), this is also my opinion. There are some knowledge-gaps in evolution-theory. But just as in scientific cosmology (where there also are some knowledge-gaps), the major part is solid.

You choose to disregard that major part (and seemingly without much knowledge of the basic principles of scientific procedure) disclaim a scientific 'answer', using your own imprecise model of science as a reference-point. Just like when theists use/misuse cutting-edge science.

Such is a conversation taking place inside the theist mindset.

Quote: ["You didn't just disagree, you said what the am I talking about, which could be interpreted both ways, anyway good luck filling in your knowledge gaps(faith), enjoy."]

Or MAYBE I'm using a reference-frame beyond your scope; that's an option (ofcourse not an ultimative 'authority argument'). It's not like I haven't been in this debate before.

edit on 9-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

yeah, a dog gives birth to another dog, huge evidence that a simple cell turned into a human after throwing a few billion years at it.
That is evidence of evolution you idiot.

Since you love to mock science and praise your book of magical fairy tales, why don't you tell us from your perspective how life came about? Tell us your theory and let's see how it holds up to scrutiny.

It'll go something along the lines of this: "Uh, God got some dirt, and a rib, and he made two people, and they were in some garden, and there was a talking snake and stuff, and they inbred humanity into existence. Oh yeah, and God also created all of the animals one day"
edit on 9-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I dont fall for your faiths(evolution) categorisations, like a scientist will say to a creationist "I'll believe in GOD when I see HIM", well I'll believe apes can slowly turn into a man when I see it. It's not going to help you in this life or the next, but good luck in your faith(evolution) anyway.

Alright then, please explain wisdom teeth to me and why they're there.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

Actually, please explain to me the origins and functions of all the human vestigial organs such as:

- The Appendix

- The Coccyx

- The ear muscles

- The plica semilunaris in the eye

- The Occipitalis Minor muscle in the back of the neck (present in only about half the human population, less for those of European descent)

- The palmaris longus muscle in the arm (absent in about 14% of the population, though this number varies with ethnicity)

- The levator claviculae muscle in the neck (present in 2-3% of the human population, nearly always present in most mammalian species such as orangutans and gibbons)

- The pyramidalis muscle in the abdomen (absent in about 20% of the human population)

- The plantaris muscle in the leg (absent in about 7-10% of the human population)

Now, please explain the origins and functions of these vestigial behaviors:

- Goose bump reflex under stress

- The palmar grasp reflex found only in infants

Now please explain the origins and function of all the various types of junk DNA that you can see here,

secure.wikimedia.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This thread is hilarious.
And the fact that THEY STILL DON'T GET that we DID NOT evolved from MONKEYS it's painfully hilarious too...
(and you can actually SEE that in the basic diagram I posted earlier, I guess graphical interpretation of information is not for the science-disabled)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What a thoroughly confused OP.

Prattling on about a misconceived notion of evolution. Confusing evolution with the big bang, before confusing evolution with abiogenesis.

If that's not bad enough, the OP used the word evolutionist.

Stupid godist.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OP is a programmer, so the best way to prove him wrong is to show him a program simulating evolution in action. Here is one:

www.vanallens.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
OP is a programmer,

I dispute that fact

Programming requires logic. The OP exhitbits none.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka

Ok then so who instructed life to take action of course? Who instructed cells to replicate and renew? Who instructed molecules to transfusion and mutate? By your question I can see you never read the bible because it's easily answered there.

Why do you assume it's a who and not a what? It's obvious that commonsense is not your strong point.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

It's not just the complexity that kills me. Evolution's assumption that things evolve to get better is a joke when the second law of thermodynamics clearly says that systems naturally progress from order to disorder. But here on Earth, in this closed system, things get better despite what happens in the rest of the Universe. So either way they're in a weird place.

The Earth is not a closed system. Living organisms are not closed systems. Never was and never will be. Your understanding of science is absolutely appalling.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

i hope that works its a great video... should answer alot of questions people have. If the vid doesnt show up the name of hte video is Stanford Colloquium: Self-Improving Artificial Intelligence, Stephen Omohundro

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Alright then, please explain wisdom teeth to me and why they're there.

Actually, please explain to me the origins and functions of all the human vestigial organs such as:

- The Appendix

- The Coccyx

- The ear muscles

- The plica semilunaris in the eye

- The Occipitalis Minor muscle in the back of the neck (present in only about half the human population, less for those of European descent)

- The palmaris longus muscle in the arm (absent in about 14% of the population, though this number varies with ethnicity)

- The levator claviculae muscle in the neck (present in 2-3% of the human population, nearly always present in most mammalian species such as orangutans and gibbons)

- The pyramidalis muscle in the abdomen (absent in about 20% of the human population)

- The plantaris muscle in the leg (absent in about 7-10% of the human population)

Now, please explain the origins and functions of these vestigial behaviors:

- Goose bump reflex under stress

- The palmar grasp reflex found only in infants

Now please explain the origins and function of all the various types of junk DNA that you can see here,

secure.wikimedia.org...

Lol. Try having sex without a Coccyx. Try sitting up without a Coccyx. I'm not going to go into all of these, but most have been debunked as vestigial organs or behavior's, including Junk DNA.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join