It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB 1388 has been passed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This news was forwarded to my email from a relative this afternoon. Talk about shady govt!

HB 1388 PASSED

You just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States ; housing, food, transportation, the whole enchilada.

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U.S. Needs to know....

H.R. 1388 was passed, behind our backs. You may want to read about it...

It wasn't mentioned on the news... Just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that did not, and will not, make the headlines.

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza ..

The "presidential determination" (ain't that nice?) which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed and appears in the Federal Register.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing, transportation and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Now we learn that he is allowing thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself:
Federal Register

YOU MUST PASS THIS ON... AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW...

Friends, WE are losing this country at a rapid pace

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Analysis: Among other falsehoods, this message promotes the erroneous impression that H.R. 1388 (referred to above as "H.B. 1388"), a bill passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama in 2009, allocated taxpayer funds to resettle Hamas refugees in the United States. It did not.

The real H.R. 1388

The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act simply revised and reauthorized existing federal public service programs (such as AmeriCorps) to increase their scope and funding. (It did not, contrary to another false rumor, make public service "mandatory.") Far from being passed "behind our backs," H.R. 1388 was covered by the media during House and Senate debates, passed Congress with bipartisan support, and was signed into law with all the usual public hoopla.

It had nothing to do with refugees.

Urban Legends

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tpak89

The lack of report from the MSM doesn't surprise me. When Obama suspends the Constitution it too will just be displayed on a tiny CNN ticker tape for less than five minutes.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Nania

9Nania - did you not see the link above your post - that this is an email HOAX?

tpak89 - I suppose you just registered for the sake of perpetuating this email hoax - especially as your post is a copy verbatim of this email hoax and does not contain one original thought of your own.

Hopefully mods will be along shortly to remove this to the HOAX bin.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Just saw this. Disregard my last post.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh look, someone denying ignorance.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tpak89

You might find this an interesting read. urbanlegends.about.com... Did you notice that link you posted is from 2009??

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Just saw this. Disregard my last post

Not a problem! After a while on ATS you learn to run everything through snopes and urbanlegends and politifact and THEN take everything with a big grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

thanks for the input star for you, with all the nonsence in politics today its good to see some people still using thier heads

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My apologies guys and thanks boncho for the truth. Like I said, I just got this in an email from a relative who knows about all the shady stuff going on so I thought itd be credible. Again, sorry and thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm looking for the original text of this legislation. I found so much defensive and offensive statements already. That in itself tells me something isn't likely what it seems.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am curious about this claim (which I know was NOT the OPs) and it's relationship to:

edocket.access.gpo.gov...

((BOLD is mine))

[Federal Register: February 4, 2009 (Volume 74, Number 22)]
[Presidential Documents]
[Page 6115]
From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr04fe09-106]

Presidential Documents

[[Page 6115]]

Presidential Determination No. 2009-15 of January 27,

Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs
Related To Gaza

Memorandum for the Secretary of State

By the authority vested in me by the Constitution and
the laws of the United States, including section
2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of
1962 (the ``Act''), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601), I
hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the
Act, that it is important to the national interest to
furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not to
exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency
Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose
of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration
needs, including by contributions to international,
governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and
payment of administrative expenses of Bureau of
Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department
of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian
refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.

You are authorized and directed to publish this
memorandum in the Federal Register.

(Presidential Sig.)

THE WHITE HOUSE,

Washington, January 27, 2009

[FR Doc. E9-2488
Filed 2-3-09; 8:45 am]

Billing code 4710-10-P

If this was a HOAX, why is it in the .gov record database?
edit on 1-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

If this was a HOAX, why is it in the .gov record database?
edit on 1-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

The Hoax part was the email:

HB 1388 PASSED

You just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States ; housing, food, transportation, the whole enchilada.

H.R. 1388 was passed, behind our backs. You may want to read about it...

It wasn't mentioned on the news... Just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

The link I provided states that this whole thing was done with transparency, and is being misrepresented entirely. Including, getting the name wrong:

The so-called "itemized list" of other presidential actions taken in the early days of the Obama administration is roughly accurate, albeit cherry-picked, decontextualized, and spun in a manner consistent with the overall political bias of the message.

In January 2009 President Obama signed a completely unrelated memorandum to the U.S. State Dept. (titled "Presidential Determination No. 2009-15") — not an executive order, strictly speaking, but comparable to one — authorizing $20.3 million in humanitarian aid to Palestinian refugees in Gaza.

As anyone can easily see by simply reading the document (also available here), not to mention the State Dept. press release detailing how the funds will be spent, the memorandum did not order, request, or even propose the resettlement of Palestinian refugees in the United States. In point of fact, it used precisely the same language as humanitarian aid memos signed during the previous administration by President George W. Bush (example #1, example #2, example #3).

Link

new topics

top topics

join