It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Thousands demonstrate for an Islamic state in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thousands demonstrate for an Islamic state in Egypt

Calls for an Islamic state have taken over Cairo’s Tahrir Square as the largest demonstration since February has been mobilized by the country’s Islamist organizations. Ultraconservative Muslims turned out in force Friday as hundreds of thousands filled Cairo's central Tahrir Square in a rally marked by a growing rift in the protest movement.

In the past 24 hours, the secularists won agreement from the Islamists that the day would be known as the Day of Unity, rather than the Day of Sharia as called for by the Islamists.

Instead of “Peaceful, peaceful,” which demonstrators have chanted during confrontations with security forces, they repeated “Islamic, Islamic.” And instead of “The people want to topple the regime” — a chant made famous in Tunisia and adopted across the region — they yelled, “The people want to implement Sharia,” or Islamic law.

Surprise, Surprise eh? next up Libya an Islamic State the real agenda by america, NATO, Rebel Terrorists.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well this comes as a shock. I can't understand why they would want a Islamic state only 80 to 90 percent of the population is Muslim.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
While everyone was all joyful about the whole situation, I stated this was going to happen, and I was derided by a bunch of people on this board……..

Who wants to take dibs on how many years it will be before someone is forced to nuke Egypt because the entire population has gone bat $hit jihadi on everyone?

Remember a general rule. You can’t hold a population responsible for the actions of a dictator. But you can hold the population responsible for their own actions of their own free will.

When you have a truly democratically elected, people supported, government that tries to engage in wars, then it is far easier to justify tacking action against the people of that country, not just the government.

So, the first round of wars was against the dictatorial governments. Once they was removed, if the people of that country repeated the same mistakes as the government that was just wiped out, then the people will be next on the target list. That is because they can no longer be considered innocent civilians. They openly support the actions.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Can I see that post?

I imagine Europe will eventually follow.

edit on 30/7/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

i dont see anything bad in this if the people feel like the other political ways was not working out, why cant they try something new? if they dont like the islamic state they can protest again, and we have seen that the soliders of egypt loves its people since they didnt gun down their own people. but only time will tell, but ofc they should vote on things thousands of people should not have their way if millions others dont think so.

and libya idd seems to be falling into the hands of the rebels the so called "people" of libya when so many support gaddaffi. however i did like libya because its people where the law makers of that country and didnt let their country be run by a few people so that when their leaders fail they have someone to blame....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
That, in my opinion, is why the other countries are fueling the frenzy. They want the Egyptian government overthrown so that they can put in someone that follows their lead, instead of Israel’s.

Remember, they want to drive the jews into the ocean. Egypt’s peace accord is an impediment to that. The peace accord means that there is one less boarder for Israel to defend. That means it is easier for Israel to defend it’s self.

That is the way geopolitical forces are used in the middle east. You surround your enemy and apply pressure from all sides.

I just have a feeling that they don’t grasp the fire they are playing with. All they are going to do is get millions of people nuked. I just have a feeling that if the revolt is successful and they do install that type of government, that millions of people are going to die as a result. Sooner or later.

The neighbors will try to drive their advantage home, and every country around Israel will be wiped off the map. And when the protesters get their wish, they also sign their own death warrant.

I just have that feeling in the pit of my gut that says that they are going to regret this.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The Revolution is now in PARTY MODE !!!

If it is like any other “revolution” I have seen in that part of the world, then the people and their descendents will be paying for it in blood and tears for decades to come.

I have started to think that the middle east is like a bunch of prison colonies. The people in them are too corrupt and immature to rule themselves. So you have to have an outside force install a stable leader that will keep the people from doing something really stupid.

Some radical jihadist will get the population worked up on how everything is the zionest west’s fault and how they need to align themselves with the “struggle against the west” The population will lap it up. They will goose step themselves to their own grave.

AKA……….Iran

I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.
We will know the result shortly.

God bless all the people that will die from this stupidity.

reply to post by sliceNodice

I don't think so; I'm positive and more optimistic probably because I know the Egyptians and their culture well enough to know they are NOT going to go the same way of Tunisia......or Iran!

You may know their culture, but when ever you get the “brotherhood” (may eternal torment be upon them) involved, then all bets are off.

reply to post by xavi1000

My guess is, none of you have ever seen such a mega Revolution of so many demonstrators in your whole lives; and their yelling in Arabic would seem scarey and alarming to Western people but believe me it's nothing.

Isn’t this whole revolution based upon the underlying premise that Mubarak is a puppet of Israel and the US? A dictator installed by them to keep the Egyptian people under control?

Is that not a bad foot to start off on?

How many anti US/Israel signs, how many flags burned, and how many people hung in effigy do I have to see to get the idea that the final result may be a government that is hostile to the west?

I have seen protest/revolutions like this before, and I know the results. They have a hard road to hoe if they want to get out of the rut they are going into.

If you paid any attention afew days ago, the Muslim Brotherhood held talks with Mubarak's chiefs and their goal is for reform and positive change in Egypt....they also made it clear they are not interested in running for any elections.

Um……… I have a bridge in Egypt to sell you, for cheap.

It goes over a famous river too……….. A river known as de,nial!!!!!!!

They may not have people in the race that explicitly carries their banner, but you know they will silently back the people that will support them.

Even I believe in the Palestinians to have self rule....and if Israel does'nt step up to the plate, a bilateral nation is plan B and one that could pick up momentum internationally. They better come up with something viable soon if both people want to survive on the same land.

Self rule from a population that collectively wants to push another country and it’s population into the ocean isn’t a viable self rule. If anything, it just opens up the population in question to rightful retaliation by the other country in self defense.

If a population openly supports a movement that threatens another country, then that other country has a right to attack that population in self defense. It is as simple as that.

It is the same thing they have done in other countries. A country welcomes them with open arms. They get a large enough population in that country, then they cordon off parts of a country that they live in, and declare independence from that country, and try to start a new government. They did that in India. They did that in Israel. They are doing it in France (ZUS Zones Urbaines Sensibles) They are even getting pushy in a couple places in Canada and the US.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mehforfun
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

i dont see anything bad in this if the people feel like the other political ways was not working out, why cant they try something new? if they dont like the islamic state they can protest again, and we have seen that the soliders of egypt loves its people since they didnt gun down their own people.

The problem is it doesn’t work that way. Sharia forbids such things. If someone did try to rise up against a sharia government, then it, and all the other sharia compliant governments from all around the globe would move in to crush the rebellion. And I don’t mean crush as in shoot at people until they leave. I mean “CRUSH” as in behead everyone and all their family members and frends.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's their country, so what?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

i dont see that written in sharia law to be frank....its just fear of the unknown, i dont see iran killing jews and christians by the hundreds. and from what i have read to fully implement sharia law you will have to follow all the other rules, there is no follow 1 part or half following or getting rid of another, then its not really a islamic state. no pick and mix it says
(well not in them words but you know what i mean

all the other sharia compliant governments from all around the globe would move in to crush the rebellion.

/FACEPALM

lol so the goverment will behead millions of family members OHHH BROTHER...sigh

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

Sharia law is derived off of the Quran. Sharia law must enforce the doctrine that the quran puts forth.

Um…….. A little clue pill here……. That is kind of the reason why all the Arab countries are against Israel.

It is Islamic doctrine that once a land is controlled by Islam, it is forever under Islam. If a non Islamic people tries to occupy that land, then they are committing an act of war against all Muslims.

They consider Israel’s shear existence as an affront to all Muslim people in the world. It is an Islamic land. The Jews nave no right to control that land.

That also applies to other parts of Europe.

atgsociety.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is a situation that should be watched, and very carefully, as things could go one way or the other. On the one hand, with the fall of Mubarak, and his government is opened up a power vacuum in that part of the world, along with the protests in other Islamic countries and states in the region. And the only factors that are common to all of these protests and over throws of the governments happen to be that the Muslim Brotherhood is involved at the very center of them all. While the ideas of a freer people, no more dictators staying in power handing it to their children may seem appealing, there is a darker side to all of this. The very ideas at its core of the founding of the Muslim Brotherhood has ties to the Nazi party, and Adolf Hitler. They are in just about every country in the middle east, seeking and growing in power and influence. But beyond that, what could be bad about another Islamic state in the middle east? Well if they all get together and agree on a set of fundamental ideas, is that not the start of a Caliphate? Could the west deal with another caliphate, as the last one broke up after World War I. And what is worse is if they are calling for Sharia law in this country, then how soon does it spread to other countries, and what happens to the stability of the region if it hits too many countries in the area? These things should be on the forefront of every one mind. The absolute worse thing is to ignore it, as Egypt does control the Suez canal, that in turn controls the flow of oil and other merchandise. Could that interfere with trade or even put the squeeze to a country that it may not agree with? This is not a good thing, nor can the world interfere with this process, to do such could set up another Iran, and that would be disastrous, nor can it simply ignore what is going on. In short we are in the midst of a rock and a hard spot.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

An Islamic state does NOT mean Sharia Law..

There are many moderate Muslim countries..

Sure, they all have a minority of radicals but doesn't every country??

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Do you think there are only a handful of radicals?

Instead of “Peaceful, peaceful,” which demonstrators have chanted during confrontations with security forces, they repeated “Islamic, Islamic.” And instead of “The people want to topple the regime” — a chant made famous in Tunisia and adopted across the region — they yelled, “The people want to implement Sharia,” or Islamic law.

Salafis are ultraconservatives, close to Saudi Arabia's Wahhabi interpretation of Islam and more radical than the Brotherhood. They seek to emulate the austerity of Islam's early days and oppose a wide range of practices like intermingling of the sexes that they view as “un-Islamic.” Many also reject all forms of Western cultural influence.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What is wrong with Islam? I am not muslim but at least I am intelligent enought to realise that the majority of Islam collaberates with cristianity and even judaism and it is only the devil in the detail that seperates the faith. Just because the people that attacked the twin towers were muslim does not mean the whole faith is aggresive in the same way. Christianity has been running its crusades for centuarys, it could be argued that Christianity is the more aggresive faith.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Who knows yet?

It only takes an organized group to start a chant but the proof will be what comes of this..

Many Muslims do not want Sharia law..

I'll wait and see rather than speculate.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yup, we sit back and watch, but one thing I have learned is that a small minority can dictate to the terrified majority.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yup, we sit back and watch, but one thing I have learned is that a small minority can dictate to the terrified majority.

True, you only have to look at most western Governments to agree with that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

More like the history of civilization.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

More like the history of civilization.

Yep, you get my point though.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link