It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Ideas of Life and ETs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
From people’s quotations like extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence to the simplest explanation tend to be the right one. extraterrestrial life still a wander for most people. People believe and imagine the possibilities that could immerge form such discovery. What we can learn for them and what we could teach them perhaps. Finding new cultures is astonishing and remarkable to all people. How this would change our history and untimely our future?

I always wondered what it would be like to go into space, as a child this was my dear, and I know that I cannot fulfil that now so I wander. I wander if they really were here, that would be a great opportunity to know them and maybe go and visit them in order to learn more. Nonetheless, if I knew that they are here but this was keep secret from me I would be truly upset and anger. But, I was wandering in these dreadful days; what if we really could not handle the truth, what if knowing is really going to hurt us. What if knowing is not the answer. I know that a lot of people ask for disclosure, I understand what they want is noble, but what if knowing is not the answer.

I know that this is a cliché and my word might not be liked by a lot of people here. But this is just my simple and humble opinion that I am try to express. I am afraid that if those ETs were hostile and the other side is only trying to protect us I might be inclined to the idea of keeping this hidden. With all the wars that we have here knowing something like this might add oil on the fire. We have enough problems down here that needed to be solved. In the end I just want to say if there is someone out there who protected us, the humanity, I would like to say thank you very much.

thanks for reading ...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayman13

What we can learn for them and what we could teach them perhaps.

In my opinion, there are only 3 things we can learn from, or convey to, any being...

Fleeting Pleasure, Lasting Pain, or Blissful Transcendence.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayman13

I've thought about that too, I'm guessing if it were to harm more than help, one reason to consider would be the religious upheaval it would cause. I'm not saying it would only be a religious problem, no no no no, not one bit.

However, if it were to be understood that we had help, were created, and/or were enslaved, that would be the deciding factor of how the reaction would be of the public I guess.

If we were helped in the past I think it would still cause some problems, mainly because some would feel that they want to answer to the ET's instead of our own governments (which in it's own is a very complexed conversation), and I could definitely see reaction like that happening.

If we were created... whoa... I'm not going to even get into that.

If we were created as a slave race, as some believe, I think a lot of people would be pissed. Now I have no idea what it would be like to even think like an ET who created life, but if I were to, I guess I'd have to assume they would appear malevolent. I mean, think about it, how does a farmer think about his chickens or cows for that matter. Sure he feeds them and protects them, but in the end, he will slaughter them wholesale. Does that mean the farmer hates livestock? No way, it's just his way of making a living.

That's my opinion of course.

join