It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

wow that was really interesting!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The last religion to involve aliens was great..nott...

(*cough heavens gate cult.. Mass suicides)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I also believe Aliens are mentioned but i dont think the Bible is the One Only Truth. I see it more as a moral code told by stories. There are other aspects out there.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

In the end,( and there will be an end to this world ) there will only be one truth. And I asure you it won't be a fairytale.
edit on 31-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

Dear NeverApologize,

I am a Christian and don't believe we have been visited by aliens. Having said that, there is no requirement for there to be a God for aliens to exist. If the universe was just a happy coincidence and life evolved here it could equally have evolved in other places. If there were other life forms there is nothing that would prevent us from meeting up eventually. I also would not group all atheists together or blame them for those who do choose to insult Christianity at every opportunity, they don't all do it. I would much prefer to explain to those who ask, why I believe then tell them that not believing is silly and I have come down on more than one on this site who attacked my Christian beliefs and attempted to tell me what I believed as they were generally wrong and silly. Be well, all things in love, that is the Christian way.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
Because God is an astronaut/alien, annunaki or whatever you may want to call him
And like so many "christians" you conveniently forget that Genesis talked abour numerous gods coming down from the heavens. They were spacetravellers in "UFOS' who were far more advanced than stone age man.
It was the ignorance of stone age man who created gods from these advanced interstellar beings.
So it is easy to believe in UFOs and not in your false god.

This is what the History channel does to warp the minds of viewers across the nation sitting in a trance in front of the TV all day and not leaving the house, kidding. An Athiest is not likely to believe in UFOs because they need scientific analysis and proof. So an Athiest would probably believe in UFOs if they came across sufficient evidence, evidence that I would hope a large percentage of ATS members know is out there, before they would believe in God. Me personally, I'm scared of the unbelieving thoughts that a person has who does not think there is a soul or after life. These people are in their ego, they may claim to be correct but I promise you there are flaws being overlooked. I am talking about spiritual things, not book smarts. I have observed from a third party perspective and what I see is denial. I believe in God because that is something obvious to me, I believe in aliens because I was not abducted, but had such an interesting experience in my research that I was completely taken aback. My experience told me that even if 80% of it all is a human hoax, aliens still had some kind of operations going on.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

Hitler and his troops believing that they were doing the will of god, i.e Gott Min Uns(God with us) on there belt buckles, lead to the killing of millions upon millions of innoncent people and if continued, the exterminision of a entire religion/ethnicity. Which incident is worse? Also the group of people your referring to were 39 people, most of which were thought to have mental illnesses and were addicted to drugs. Plus who ever said they were aliens and if your relating to the fact that all people who believe in ufos and aliens are a bunch of crazies then,I must tell you that Heavens gate does not, in any reflect on the personalities of those who are part of the community of believers(ufos and aliens). Just thought I should state my opinion on that

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Statistics my dear Watson, statistics. Statistically life exists elsewhere in the galaxy. Here is something for your brains to munch on- If you had a spaceship capable of intergalactic travel you would have a better chance of finding life on another planet than you would winning the mega millions lottery.
Drake's Equation is the statistical equation for life out there. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, contains at least 200 billion (200,000,000,000) stars, and recent observations with very powerful telescopes suggests that many of the stars in the night sky have planets orbiting them. By even the most meager parameters of this equation there is life out there.

The idea that one would believe in alien life over divine creation is simple. One was created by man, the other was not.
Not only that, if out of all the mountains of photos, videos, classified military documents and eyewitnesses- if just one is telling the truth- aliens have visited our planet. Numerous credible witnesses have come forward to claim observation of strange craft.
Although one may argue that considering the vast distance between planets, galaxies, etc, it would be impossible to travel so far....especially just to abduct a couple hillbillies and dissect a few cows. And to top it off they look humanoid! 2 eyes, bipedal, almost human like. However, I implore you to consider this- do not make assumptions about life from other planets.
We have observed something here on earth called convergence. Ducks have a flattened beak, they live 1000s of miles away from a creature known as the Duck-Billed Platypus, a mammal. They have no genetic lineage and yet they have extremely similar traits, webbed feet and a duckbill. This is an example of evolutionary convergence. It could easily explain why aliens look somewhat similar- evolution dictated that the best form was humanoid.
Now explaining the technological feat of traveling light years. Humans have only been a technological society for about 150 years. Some people that were born before the commonplace of electricity are still alive today. Imagine what technological break through we may have in the next 150 years? Now imagine a species that was at our current technological level 10,000 years ago? Where would they be right now? Infinite energy? Highly sophisticated propulsion systems? We cannot assume anything about a race of beings or their technologies. Imagine if they were a million years more advanced than us? One cannot make an argument that they are incapable of traveling here or for what reasons they would or wouldn't travel here. Only that there is a possibility they have.

I feel sorry for those who struggle with the idea of God. There is zero evidence to support divine creation. There is no statistical equation divisible to determine the possibility, and it's simple because there is no god. No allah, no religion. Life simply recycles. You cannot have life without death. No negative without positive. For those that fear death- just think of it as a restart button. It's a race and everyone gets to the finish line eventually.
I don't consider myself an atheist, but I definitely don't consider myself agnostic either. Just personal thoughts on what I observe.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Georgermh
reply to post by Explanation

Hitler and his troops believing that they were doing the will of god, i.e Gott Min Uns(God with us) on there belt buckles, lead to the killing of millions upon millions of innoncent people and if continued, the exterminision of a entire religion/ethnicity. Which incident is worse? Also the group of people your referring to were 39 people, most of which were thought to have mental illnesses and were addicted to drugs. Plus who ever said they were aliens and if your relating to the fact that all people who believe in ufos and aliens are a bunch of crazies then,I must tell you that Heavens gate does not, in any reflect on the personalities of those who are part of the community of believers(ufos and aliens). Just thought I should state my opinion on that

Interesting that you use the Nazi as Hitler was a member of the Vril society, who believed aliens were sending them messages across space. They most definitely where not God with us lol. But that does further support the Aliens are gods theory.

Occult History of the 3rd Reich is a good google video. Well documented.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Scud plague.

Your statistics have already been addressed by Douglas Adams. And in this thread to boot.

Enjoy your swamp mattress.
uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yes, I've heard of the Norway guy for your info I am not white so it throws your theory right out of the window. As for my life expriences, I've seen and done some shi+.
As for us being alone in this universe, we're not. It would be impossible, if I see something flying around in the sky and I don't know what it is. It would be an Unidentified flying object, better known as a UFO.

Some religious people are close-minded and I get tired of arguing it out with them.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
"If you don't believe in God because you can't see him, or believe him to be a tangible object, how come you believe in Aliens and UFO's?"

First, the fact that you identify god as a "him" denotes your simple thinking. Why does god have to be male? Why not female? Why not sexless? Why do some very fundamental believers refer to humanity as "man"? It is because your orthodox religion is still based on violence. Might is right. Since men can knock out women, men end up ruling and god is a man and humanity is man.

"Has science proven that Extra Terrestrials exist beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you met an alien or seen a UFO, that can be proven?"

We've got some photos and videos that have not been disproved and that is possible evidence that UFOs do exist.

"Doesn't an atheist basically believe that there is no higher power because there is no proof, in short?"

I'm not an atheist but I believe that an atheist believes that there is no higher power other than himself or herself.

"My questions are simple. How come you have no issue in believing that there are aliens visiting us, yet, you cannot believe there is a God that watches over us and creates everything?"

Your questions shouldn't be simple. The questions actually aren't simple. God obviously doesn't watch over us and create everything. Or are you saying god lets innocent babies die by creating an earthquake?

I was once a Christian. Then I went to college and became interested in studying history. I majored in it. Then I started to study the history of the Christian church and Jesus.

I found that Jesus of the Bible was a combination of many historical people, the most notable Apollonius of Tyana. I found that the Christian church of today is nothing close to the early Christian churches in the beginning.

Now you have the Internet and you have all this power to find these answers too. Yet you still believe in Constantine's Jesus and Christianity.

That is ignorant.
edit on 31-7-2011 by ren1999 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This was a very naive post. I can now inform you that Ufos,ET(extra terrestrials) has nothing to do with god. UFO=Unidentified flying objects. It can be pretty much anything since its unidentified. ET(Extra terrestrials) is per fact and describtion an intelligent being living in outer space within the galaxy,in a solar system and capable of communicating with themselves or others at a high level. Examples.

1: H.U.M.A.N.S( Yes we are an extra terrestrial race per say).

When it comes to UFO,where it no longer is UNidentified,but IDENTFIED. The Us government has informed the public that these might have been their own crafts,but they also have informed that some also might be belonging to another race. They also have informed working with an race for over 60 years.

The following countries have informed that they have 100% proof of another ET race and are willing to go to court if it becomes a problem.

1:Usa
2:Mexico
3:Argentina
4:Holland
5:Germany
6:Italy
oland
8:Canada
9:Spain
10:Great britain
11:Belgia
12:Switzerland
13:China
14:Japan
15:France

So,if you are in doubt,send an email to one of the countries above,and you might get some answers,but then again,if you dont even believe the world leaders,then you have to wait until you meet one or if you are lucky,get a visit within the lab and see for yourself.

The proof of their visits is also very obvious.You got 10 000 years of evidence,if you havent seen any, well try do like the rest of us, DIG. I have seen evidence with my own eyes just by traveling around with my family,so it cant be that hard.

ET and UFO,is hard solid materials,as in Metal\Carbon\Flesh\Blood that you can feel,eat,touch or do whatever you want. But GOD,is a such vast subject and we humans are not even close to finding out what it is.

These two subjects has sooo little to do with eachother that it simply isnt relative.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I'm not an atheist but I would consider myself an agnostic. I definitely believe there is other life out there, I mean, there are literally billions of planets with life forms. How do we know we're not just one of many? But you should not generalize a group lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I believe in God also,but it is just a belief.
The fact is i have 100% evidence that U.F.O.s exist.I have zero evidence apart from speculation and philosophical theories that God exists.
Are atoms still in the realm of speculation?
And are dreams a figment of Philosophy?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It was'nt unidentified-i saw it in plain daylight,it was a shiny metallic disc.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I believe he had contact. Even the person who started the Space Program said we got help from Them

And is it an coincidence that Hitler thought Tall Hair Blue Eyed people was the Master Race. Possible contact with the Nordics? Who knows its a mystery.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Well said and let me tell you from personal experience your beliefs are grounded in truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I believe that what people thought where gods or even a single god where aliens just using technology that is far beyond what we can even think of.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

TRUTH

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join