It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advisory panel calls for revamping FDA approval process for medical devices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Advisory panel calls for revamping FDA approval process for medical devices

www.washingtonpost.com

An influential panel that advises the federal government on science policy proposed Friday that the Food and Drug Administration scrap the process it uses

The FDA should require more extensive testing of thousands of “moderate-risk devices” — from wheelchairs to artificial hips — that come to market with little study because manufacturers can argue that the devices are “substantially equivalent” to products already in use, the panel said.

“FDA believes that the [current] process should not be
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok, this is HIGHLY Interesting!
Before I speak about the article and this "Panel's" attack on free market let me start with this:

FDA to scrutinize mobile medical apps

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is seeking input on its proposed oversight of some health-related mobile phone apps.

Given the rise in all sorts of "quack" mobile phone apps that take some alternative approaches and medical apps lanuched with no real field testing there is an argument that the FDA should take app medicine more under its control

www.i-programmer.info...

Ok so starting with the above, there seems to be a current project by god knows who to beginning to delimit the medial free market and grant the FDA full control over it, therefore no more free market.

And now this
Sure the FDA is saying the current process is fine
I think that eventually they will kill it and then take control of it.

Govt. subsidized healthcare limits innovation, because it more and more forbids competition. Competition creates a drive to out-do the reigning client holders, this will destroy that.

The best of innovations in healthcare came from the free market
So this is very bad news indeed

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The following video report shows how a hip implant, recalled because it was leeching cobalt into the blood stream, has affected patients. The laws differ from country to country, but I like the discussion argument on the topic in this video. here

new topics

join