It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama use of bully pulpit may have backfired on Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Source

President Obama's Twitter campaign to encourage voters to tweet their representatives for "compromise" in the debt talks may have backfired.

Instead of new votes, many of Obama's targets gained new followers.
-
In response, several members pushed back against @BarackObama's Twitter campaign by sarcastically tweeting their gratitude for the increase in followers.

"Looking forward to all the new followers @BarackObama sends my way today in his Twitter spam campaign," Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) tweeted.

"Thanks @BarackObama for followers. As you know, I helped pass a bipartisan plan," Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) tweeted.

If that is not funny enough this is my favorite tweet:

"Thanks @BarackObama for all the new Twitter followers. We tried to search for your debt limit plan & found this: t.co... #TX17," Rep. Bill Flores (R-Texas) tweeted.

Add to that Obama apparently lost 33,000 followers on Twitter Friday which is a very significant drop. And according to the latest Gallup poll President Obama's approval ratings are now at the lowest level of his presidency, 40% approving and 50% disapproving.

Source

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It'd be nice if our politicians would stop playing on the internet and, oh I don't know, get some work done?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
numbers dont mean anything because sheople are idiots.

my two cents.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How can that fool still have a 40% approval rating? I don't know anyone who thinks he has improved anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah, but Barrack has way more Facebook friends and he is so dreamy. Did you hear him and Michelle talking by the stairwell the other day, I totally think something is going on with those two....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I wish I could feel confident Obama would hear this message and learn something but I am sure he's already been assured by everyone near him that it's not what it seems and if the numbers are true, well...Republicans somehow did it. It can never be his fault.

I don't care if it's a politician I love and would follow to and through the gates of a hot place with, I'd still cut their communications off if they thought playing on those positive feelings to SPAM ME was going to accomplish anything positive.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
How exactly does them gaining followers on twitter count as a win for them? I follow Michele Bachmann on twitter just to hear the crazy things she has to say. I did not realize she counted that as something of actual value to her. I do not get the logic.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Maybe someday soon all of his Twatter followers will abandon him and recognize him for the lying, dictatorial teleprompter-in-chief that he is.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Right on. Obama (like practically all politicians) surrounds himself with "yes men" who will just agree with whatever he says and praise his every move, and decision.

If he loses support for his moves his cronies will just blame it on something absurd like Republicans spreading racism. Those clowns in the White House are higher than high, they think they are seen as super heroes or something.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Twitter was going mad the other day with the hash-tag ##YouWashington

Even Gaddffi has better aproval ratings than Obama yet today NATO bombed the TV network in Libya to try to stop the news getting out bacause too many people now know the war is a scam.

Nice to see another puppets being shoot down on twitter

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

We shouldent be involved in Libya. Yes, Gadaffi is a madman ... however since Lockerbie he has been a contained madman, he can't hurt anyone anymore. On the other hand - we don't even know who the rebels are, what they stand for, and who is in charge. Just yesterday the supposed leader of the rebel army was murdered by his own troops. This whole things could explode in our faces, suppose the rebels are Islamic fundamentalists and when they overthrow Gadaffi they create an Islamic state. Brilliant move Obama, really!

My whole point is: better the lunatic we know (Gadaffi) then the one we don't know (the rebels).

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think the solution to this issue is that we all need to follow Jesus:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9d09fa9b177.png[/atsimg]

No seriously, what did you expect when he posted all the twitter names?

new topics

top topics

join