It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party's Joe Walsh...A Perfect Example Of Pure Hypocrisy...What Could Be More Tea Partyish?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've always said that the Tea Party/GOP has become the worlds shining example of pure hypocrisy and now we have another fine example of their philosophy dumped right in our laps as evidence of proof positive. I can't imagine how people like this manage to garner the support of any political group, much less continue to maintain that support even in light of the recent disclosures regarding his "deadbeat dad" status.

According to this article, it appears that Rep. Joe Walsh is some $117,437 in arrears with respect to child support payments he owes his previous wife. Even in light of this disclosure, the Tea Party seems more than willing to stand behind the politician. What a joke!

www.dailyherald.com...

U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh who’s come under fire this week after allegations he owed $117,437 in child support, still has the support of the Tea Party. “We’ve just adopted Joe’s statement,” Illinois GOP Chair Pat Brady said about the party’s response to news that the 8th District congressman is being sued by his ex-wife for child support payments.

Read more: www.dailyherald.com...

While a group made plans for a protest today at Rep. Joe Walsh’s suburban office, state Republican officials say they’re still behind the McHenry tea partyer who’s come under fire this week after allegations he owed $117,437 in child support.

According to the article, Joe Walsh had the resources to loan his campaign some $35,000 but he could not find it possible to pay his child support. It's no wonder that the Tea Party/GOP are currently refusing to honor the nation's debts, this is their well established Modus Operandi.

She contends that Walsh loaned his own campaign $35,000 and took international vacations but said he couldn’t afford child support payments because he was between jobs or out of work.

It gets even worse. Just watch this video clip from last night where Lawrence O'Donnell grills the representative for making statements like, "I refuse to do anything that will further increase the debt placed upon my children etc...." According to last night's show, Lawrence O'Donnell has now banned the representative from any further interviews on his show because of the pure hypocrisy, a video worth watching.

thelastword.msnbc.msn.com...

The sad thing about this whole revelation is that Lies, Ignorance & Hypocrisy have now become the accepted mainstays of the T.P./GOP and they're not afraid to admit it.

It's like it's not enough that we're having to cope with the fact that the GOP under the direction of G.W. Bush drove this nation's economy into the ditch. Now the T.P./GOP wants to take the wheel again, but this time they intend to drive us off a cliff.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What a scumbag. He cries about putting debt on his kids when he doesn't care about them enough to even take care of them. He needs his butt kicked.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Lol, Walsh is calling this report a "hit piece"... The bum hasn't paid his 3 children any child support for the last 10 freaking years, yet he took his mistress on two vacations to Mexico and Paris, and then lent his own campaign 35,500, and then had his campaign lend him back 14,200.

He's a criminal, plain and simple.

In 2009, Walsh lost a condo to foreclosure because he owed more than $300,000 on the property. In April 2010, an investigation revealed that Walsh failed to file his personal financial disclosure form as required by federal election law. When questions about his personal finances dogged his congressional campaign, Walsh once again claimed he wasn't a rich man, despite managing to pay $3,300 per month for a house in upscale Winnetka.

And this guy has the gall to dictate the financial plan for the country as part of the "tea party" revolution.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hmmmm Supporting an "Illinois" scumbag (Chicago) politician? Really want to go there?
deadbeats are scumbags no arguments there.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
What a scumbag. He cries about putting debt on his kids when he doesn't care about them enough to even take care of them. He needs his butt kicked.

Yes he does! But that still doesn't explain the continued support of his fellow republicans. At least when someone like Anthony Weiner gets exposed for wrongdoing, the democrats immediately move for his removal from office.

Either the T.P./GOP has no backbone or they have no morals, (which they claim to have a monopoly on) there is absolutely no other way to explain it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Great OP indeed. This is what the people need to know about these people who are so self-righteous and hypocritical.

I remember that as soon as I saw that guy, with his rambling rigid nonsense I knew he had the moral turpitude of a used car salesmen or con man.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Allegations he owes = proof of guilt he hasn't paid?
2nd line
oh wait (3rd line) MSM reporting = Judicial Review?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sigh. Just because one man in the Tea Party is a scumbag does not invalidate the Tea Party platform. The refusal to address issues is unfortunate. If you disagree with the Tea Party values that is your right. If you think that Joe Walsh is a piece of trash that too is your right. The attempt to discredit a group's philosophical platform by showing that a member is a morally despicable person is pathetic. It is a sign of the dumbing down of political debate in this country.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
2nd line

Hey. Don't come to the rescue of a deadbeat dad.

Do you really want to be "that guy"?

I agree with you to some extent, but seriously all of this information is public record...so it's not really a "proven guilty before innocent" type of situation. It's a known fact that he owes this.

Go preach somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
Sigh. Just because one man in the Tea Party is a scumbag does not invalidate the Tea Party platform. The refusal to address issues is unfortunate. If you disagree with the Tea Party values that is your right. If you think that Joe Walsh is a piece of trash that too is your right. The attempt to discredit a group's philosophical platform by showing that a member is a morally despicable person is pathetic. It is a sign of the dumbing down of political debate in this country.

I agree with you. All politicians are hypocrites.

Also I do think the tea party is facked up. They aren't a realistic crowd and there is so much in fighting it's hard to even understand what they stand for.

Besides, this isn't the "real" tea party. This version is a farce created by (to be honest) fox news.

How funny is that? Tea party bashes the MSM yet they would still be in the background without it.
edit on 7/30/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think that Joe Walsh is a definite "Scumbag" who has no business being the leader of anything, but I'm not so much trying to single him out as I am trying to demonstrate just how blatantly the T.P./GOP has adopted the policy of "Pure Hypocrisy." There is just no excuse for it!

In this recent segment from the "Daily Show," Jon Stewart does a fine job of pointing this out when he shows a clip of our beloved Weeper of the House, John Boehner, talking about all of the evils of big government that he himself voted for. Check it out; (couldn't find it on utube or google yet, but here's a link.)

www.thedailyshow.com...

edit on 30-7-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

2nd line

Do you really want to be "that guy"?

I agree with you to some extent, but seriously all of this information is public record...so it's not really a "proven guilty before innocent" type of situation. It's a known fact that he owes this.

Go preach somewhere else.

His child support may not be a matter of public record, depending on the way the court set it up, for example, I pay child support directly, courts are not involved, so therefore it would not be public record, so it could be possible that his payments are similar in function therefore allowing it to be alleged and would have to be proven. Although, I will agree that dead beat dads are low life scum. having said that, you can n ot attack the entire organization for the actions of one person, and the Weiner argument made earlier, that the dems moved immediately is false. They waited until the backlash was too much. They defended Charley Rangel to the end, and he ended up getting a slap on the wrist. Ed Kennedy got a monument for his druken hooker homicide ways, and the clintons are doing just fine after all the extortion, murder rumors and embezzlement. Sp its not like the Dems are the shinning temple of viture. All politicians are liars and thieves, if you think differently, well, you are naive or just a little slow.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

2nd line

He doesn't deny owing it. He said that he didn't have the money to pay it because he had fallen upon hard times and outside of loaning his campaign 35,000 dollars and taking a few vacations, he just couldn't afford it. I think it has more to do with his total lack of morals and a warped sense of priorities than anything else.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Way to target this clown based on Political Affiliation. Perfect smear.

How's that Acorn paycheck working for you? Oh..what's the name of the organization now?

Take any party and blame one individuals behavior on party connections.

And I'm not with ANY party. And? I have skeletons in my closest. Not much.

Blame it me not being a PART of a political party. THAT'S my problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've noticed since the late 1970s the GOP theme to attract voters to their tent has been..."I've got mine, to hell with the rest of you". From their brand of religion with its "I'm saved, you're not.", to culture with its "I'm the winner, you're not.", to economics with its "I've got mine, screw you." Their self-righteous sense of entitlement to all this covers up any sense of shame or guilt.
edit on 30-7-2011 by desert because: better word

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Way to target this clown based on Political Affiliation. Perfect smear.

How's that Acorn paycheck working for you? Oh..what's the name of the organization now?

Take any party and blame one individuals behavior on party connections.

And I'm not with ANY party. And? I have skeletons in my closest. Not much.

Blame it me not being a PART of a political party. THAT'S my problem.

I wouldn't target his political affiliation if it weren't applicable. I'm telling you, hypocrisy is their mainstay! Take for example their leader in the House, Michelle Bachman. Her family farm gets federal farm subsidies, (to the tune of $259,000 since 1995) and her husband's private counseling firm gets payments from Medicaid, (to the tune of $137,000) and their $417,000 home mortgage was financed through Freddie Mac. All the while, she harps on and on about how these programs should be eliminated, go figure.

caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

There’s $259,000 in federal subsidies paid since 1995 to a family farm of which Bachmann is a part-owner. Another $30,000 went to Bachmann and Associates Counseling Clinic in the last five years from various Minnesota government agencies, including one small payment logged the day after the congresswoman’s official 2012 kickoff.

In addition, at least $137,000 came from Medicaid-backed programs for patients using the mental health clinic run by her husband, Marcus Bachmann.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Just a few weeks before Bachmann called for dismantling the programs during a House Financial Services Committee hearing, she and her husband signed for a $417,000 home loan to help finance their move to a 5,200-square-foot golf-course home, public records show. Experts who examined the loan documents for The Washington Post say that they are confident the loan was backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

I could go on and on but I won't. Pure hypocrisy, plain and simple. By the way, I don't think that ACORN was ever convicted of any wrongdoing other than looking bad in a heavily edited video who's sole purpose was to fabricate a lie and make it look like the truth. Again I say, go figure.

edit on 30-7-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How come he isn't in jail or prison? If it was a black guy not paying child support he would've been locked up by now, this just proves how racist the Govt truly is.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hey said his kids didn't have a revenue problem, they had a spending problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
For clarification purposes, I want to be very clear that in MY opinion,the GOP shanghied the Tea party by default.
That means,do to the cost of creating a new political party, the Teabaggers made a choice"by design" of choosing the pretend word "conservatism" over the pretend word "liberal".

We as Americans, are FORCED to chooose a side and most of us are sick of it.

We don't want to be an affliate of either Party. Period... Now we went and lumped Teabaggers into the Republican Party. So now all Democrats hate the tea party. AND? A LOT of people that liked some of the principles of the Tea idea are running away.

You want to bash Bachman? Go ahead ..who cares... But to have the Presidents financial adviser be from G.E. and he's moving jobs to China?
How did republicans get the blame for THAT one? Oh..they didn't? They will.
That's just messed up.

It's people in politics that get paid for it, for a living, that is really pissing off Mainstream America.

We don't want to divide and conquer. We don't want an us verses them game. As it stands right now,you either work for the governement,or a large corporation, or your F'd.
There are a lot of people in the middle here. Don't try and classify us for a vote.
We're tired of it.
Thanks for the rant... Go kick one party over another.. THAT will show hypocrisy at it's finest.
Stop insulting our stoopedness.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Deadbeat dad? You don't know what kind of father he is.. you just know he won't pay his wife. I'm tired of seeing that term thrown around, just because a man doesn't funnle obscenes amounts of cash into his exwives / ex girl friends bank accounts does not determine the type of parent he is. If there were strict regulations that all the funds were put into a trust account that could ONLY be spent on material or necessities for the child then sure, I'd say he's stiffing the child. But to me, he's only stiffing the mom, and I'm ok with that. A woman can kill her baby if she wants, a man is automatically held financially responsible to care for both. If she didn't want this, perhaps she shouldn't have married the guy, or had his kid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join