It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP "Steering" of Hurricane Charley

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Maybe Jeb Bush was aiming for the Democratic counties?

Hehe...oddly enough, that would fit the bill!
Pinellas/Hillsborough tend to be more Republican, whereas outlaying counties are more dems, hehe...

But I'm not ready to blame HAARP just yet, hehe... Besides, Remo Williams put that thing out of commission when he killed Grove, remember?
(sorry, couldn't resist the movie reference)...

"Chun, you're incredible!"

"No!.......I am better than that..."

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Gazrok, you're right about Pinellas but Hillsborough has been a democrat stronghold for awhile (I want to say since I was of voting age there but I may be off a couple of years). Now, as we all know, what really matters is how many of each party vote.

URL: election.dos.state.fl.us...

Hillsborough 200,119 (R) 239,785 (D)
Pinellas 220,646 (R) 209,107 (D)

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
I'm SURE the government will spend millions (if not billions) to study the ionosphere to see what effects it has on "communications" and the "environment"

A couple of million dollars, even a billion dollars is not much in terms of the total U.S. budget.

In fact, AFAIAC, it would be criminally negligent if they were not studying the ionosphere. Satellite communications technology is such a huge part of today�s economy that we had better have a good understanding of it�s strengths and vulnerabilities.

Originally posted by lilblam
. Personally, I think this "HAARP" device has more to do with mind control than anything else. But this is just idle speculation, I could be wrong.

Yes, you could be wrong, but in case you are not, I have heard that one of these can help.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I am new here and have been browsing this site for awhile but I have a personnal interest in Hurricane Charley as I have a sister and a daughter in the Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda area. Have not been able to make contact with either one of them as all phone lines r down and I am in Oklahoma. Anyway, you all have been discussing on the HAARP Theory. Thought I might share a website I found intersting that u might want to check out.www.au.af.mil...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
deelyn, Thanks for the link. That's very interesting. I didn't read all of it yet but what I read did not indicate HAARP as much as the concept of manipulating the weather. Interestingly thunderstorms were mentioned as they were in this thread as well as something impossible to manipulate.

Off topic; but I hope you hear good news with regards to your relatives. I have a good buddy in Engelwood whom I still have not heard from. I'm sure he's ok but I have no idea of the condition of phone lines down there. He lives on the intracoastal just north of Baby Boca Pass.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
From what I know, there were no "steering currents" to force such a change. The CCW rotation of hurricanes leads to a tendency to move to the left in the absence of steering currents. The jet stream as well as a stalled front were well north of Florida.

So, what are the chances that HAARP was used to cause a turn to the right to hit a much less populated area than say Tampa?

A newsroom here in Tampa (Channel 8 or 9 I believe)has a system called Viper...they called it TWO days before it turned, by using the model that Viper was displaying, they showed a clear turn in the path of the hurricaine.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
A newsroom here in Tampa (Channel 8 or 9 I believe)has a system called Viper...they called it TWO days before it turned, by using the model that Viper was displaying, they showed a clear turn in the path of the hurricaine.

That's interesting and must be new because having grown up in Tampa and living there until 2002 I'd never heard of Viper.

Also, did anyone find it interesting that Jim Cantore, the lead Weather Channel reporter in Florida, was camped out in Ft Myers when it was projected to hit Tampa? I told my wife the other day -- "Here's the only meteorologist who got it right." That has nothing to do with HAARP, but it's something interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Do any of you that think it is actually possible to �steer� a hurricane have any idea of the massive amount of energy that would be required to do this?

Do you have any idea just how much mass of water vapor and air are in a hurricane? When you start moving that water and air at 140 mph, do you have any idea of the inertia involved?

If you really, truly believe that this is possible, please present some sort of analysis of the forces involved to back up your claim.

No problem

I think you confused "steering" and "driving". You can use a portion of the actual (tremendous) energy contained in the hurricane, to make it change it's direction. Do you want an example? Here: If you spin a top, and impart significant energy to it... Then, touch it lightly with something -- it'll bounce like crazy, depite the fact that amount of energy you used yourself was truly negligible
Small perturbations often cause large effects...

Yes, I do have a PhD in nuclear physics.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by bzap
I thought that HAARP was able to create weather, not control it once it is loose.

In reality, HAARP does neither, but that doesn��t stop some people.

HAARP is a research program to study the ionosphere. One of the research goals is to study the effect of the ionosphere on long distance communications, hence the militaries�� involvement in the program.

There are plenty of theories out there on how HAARP can be used to impact weather. Unfortunately, none of those theories have any basis in science.

Here is a simplified explanation of the energy involved: www.aoml.noaa.gov...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by HowardRoark]

I am sorry Howard, but there is an awfull lot of science out there that points in the direction that HAARP is much more than a communications tool.
Below are some scientific realities.

TUT

Conclusions
It would be rash to assume that HAARP is an isolated experiment which would not be expanded. It is related to fifty years of intensive and increasingly destructive programs to understand and control the upper atmosphere.
It would be rash not to associate HAARP with the space laboratory construction which is separately being planned by the United States. HAARP is an integral part of a long history of space research and development of a deliberate military nature.
The military implications of combining these projects is alarming.
Basic to this project is control of communications, both disruption and reliability in hostile environments. The power wielded by such control is obvious.
The ability of the HAARP / Spacelab/ rocket combination to deliver a very large amount of energy, comparable to a nuclear bomb, anywhere on earth via laser and particle beams, are frightening.
The project is likely to be "sold" to the public as a space shield against incoming weapons, or , for the more gullible, a devise for repairing the ozone layer.

Further References:
�h C.L. Herzenberg, Physics and Society, April 1994.
�h R. Williams, Physics and Society, April 1988.
�h B. Eastlund, Microwave News, May/June 1994.
�h W. Kofman and C. Lathuillere, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol 14, No. 11, pp 1158-1161, November 1987 (Includes French experiments at EISCAT).
�h G. Metz and F.W. Perkins. "Ionospheric Modification Theory: Past Present and Future", Radio Science, Vol.9, No. 11, pp 885-888, November 1974. www.stopdirectedenergyweapons.freeservers.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

deelyn, Thanks for the link. That's very interesting. I didn't read all of it yet but what I read did not indicate HAARP as much as the concept of manipulating the weather. Interestingly thunderstorms were mentioned as they were in this thread as well as something impossible to manipulate.

Actually the whole paper deals with and shows how HAARP would be used to charge and reflect the ionosphereic energy by creating a mirror effect capable of directing energy to any where on the planet. And with the proper chemtrails laid down and the introduction of huge amounts of energy you have storm.

Tut

www.au.af.mil... of Operations Summary

[edit on 16-8-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'm surprised noone has mentioned this yet so I will. Does anyone else find it interesting that Hurricane Charley took an unexpected turn to the right to hit a less-populated area? From what I know, there were no "steering currents" to force such a change. The CCW rotation of hurricanes leads to a tendency to move to the left in the absence of steering currents. The jet stream as well as a stalled front were well north of Florida.

So, what are the chances that HAARP was used to cause a turn to the right to hit a much less populated area than say Tampa?

if anyone is inerested to see a first-hand account of what happened in one area hit by charley, go here: worldvisionportal.org...
the eye-opening story is told better than i ever could by a man who was in the midst of it all. one reason tampa was not hit, and the less populated areas were, is that in the less populated areas are more poor retirees in trailer parks- "useless eaters" with not much more than social security checks, medicare/medicaid, and a vote. what FEMA did is chilling. (i don't fear much- FEMA scares the crap out of me.) if you are really interested in this, you should check this out.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've just found this web site and after reading this thread, I'd like to coment.

My house took a direct hit in hurricane Charley. A very large tree landed on my 2 back rooms... It was a nightmare... I could stand in the hall and look in the room full of antiques and watch the rain pouring in.

Today I was talking with a man on another forum and mentioned that man had the technology to steer a hurricane. He thought it was funny and asked if I was important enough for someone to send a hurricane after me.

I guess it did sound like I was personally paranoid, but it's the oil rigs in the Gulf that 'could' be the target 'if' it was steered. In all the forums I've checked out, not one person has mentioned that.

After Katrina, there were web sites all over the internet explaining the technology involved in steering. Those web sites are gone. People were labeled crazy for their remarks, yet here we are a few years later and they are now saying that 'one day' scientist will be able to steer a hurricane. Nobdy is calling 'them' crazy.

About conspiracies... where there is smoke, there's usually fire... or at the very least ... a smoke screen for something bigger.

Slats

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join