It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party is anti-democratic and guilty of abuse of power

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

History proves just the opposite. When government does its job in policing business corruption, our economy thrives.

Rather than look at the real history, you are buying into the propaganda.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I tend to disagree, since when in history do people expect others to look after them?

Pretty much since the beginning of history. Even animals engage in this behavior.

Based upon many posts in ATS from the liberal side of things, you feel society is obligated to make sure everyone succeeds.

Based on things you read from other people about other things, you can assume something about how I feel? You must be magic. Unfortunately you are wrong. That is not even remotely how I feel.

Hate to break it to some of you, but life is hard, and there are no guarantees in success.

Tell it to Exxon. No one has handed me a damn thing.

The more government steps in the way, the more corrupt things get.

When you get to high school, be sure and pay attention to the robber barons.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Based upon many posts in ATS from the liberal side of things, you feel society is obligated to make sure everyone succeeds. Hate to break it to some of you, but life is hard, and there are no guarantees in success.

Brilliant!

Equal oppourtunity does NOT mean equal outcome.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

History proves just the opposite. When government does its job in policing business corruption, our economy thrives.

Rather than look at the real history, you are buying into the propaganda.

True.

The "Tea Party" is being used for political purposes that are directly contradictory to what the individual members claim to stand for.

A corporate plutocracy is not good for individual freedom.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Tea Party is a philosophy of limited government and personal responsibility.

I can't see how anyone would be against that. Unless you desire bigger government and a reduction of freedoms.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The Tea Party is a philosophy of limited government and personal responsibility.

Says who?
You keep repeating that. I can do that too.
The moon is really made of green cheese.

See it is easy to just repeat things whether they are true or not.
Let's look at how the TP has fulfilled this.
They proved what you said by.....

Crying about lowering corporate taxes...

and....
?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

I tend to disagree, since when in history do people expect others to look after them?

Pretty much since the beginning of history. Even animals engage in this behavior.

Based upon many posts in ATS from the liberal side of things, you feel society is obligated to make sure everyone succeeds.

Based on things you read from other people about other things, you can assume something about how I feel? You must be magic. Unfortunately you are wrong. That is not even remotely how I feel.

Hate to break it to some of you, but life is hard, and there are no guarantees in success.

Tell it to Exxon. No one has handed me a damn thing.

When you get to high school, be sure and pay attention to the robber barons.

See, I chose not to get personal, but when you are subjected to something you either do not understand, or have no argument to refute, you resort to insults. I have not assumed anything, one just has to look at your responses to determine your train of thought.....and please tell me how the animal kingdom is full of animals looking out for one another. Did you perhaps watch the Lion King and confuse that with reality?

Not once have I seen anyone on ATS who has the same ideals as the Tea Party (when it was first created) try to suggest that the corporations have no responsibility in the economic mess we are in.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Says who?

I believe the individual members of the "tea party" support individual freedom but the problem is that on the national political level they are be used against their own values.

Limiting "the government" by empowering corporations only works against the masses.

A plutocracy destroys competition. The masses will continue to depend on corporations; destroying any hope of individual independence.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Not once have I seen anyone on ATS who has the same ideals as the Tea Party (when it was first created) try to suggest that the corporations have no responsibility in the economic mess we are in.

It is the usual sleight of hand take something evil rename it and then uses the evil deeds to damn the party who wasn't even present. Do not forget that JP Morgan and General Electric Corp. have a major share of the MSM.

Mega-corporation/Bankster/Big government/Big Union (YES union leaders too) are all colluding in "Corporatism" Their sworn enemy is real Capitalism so they redefine "Capitalism" and lay all the problems "Corporatism" caused at its door. Meanwhile real capitalism aka small business is in the hospital ICU.

BARTER + the INDIVIDUALS Private Property rights = Capitalism.

Bank Script + Mega-corporations + big government = CORPORATISM

The tea party wants to see the return of real capitalism and that means getting rid of BANK SCRIPT ( MISES ) and getting rid of the collusion between corporations/banks/government.

It also means a return to a smaller Federal Government. Allowing the STATES to get back the rights that were taken by the Federal Government and thereby returning control to the people. It is a heck of a lot harder for the corporations to retain control if they have to deal with lots of local governments. THAT is the real reason for the push toward "Global Governance" convenience for the Mega-Corporations.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Says who?
The moon is really made of green cheese.

See it is easy to just repeat things whether they are true or not.
Let's look at how the TP has fulfilled this.
They proved what you said by.....

and....
?

Hmmm, who should be in a better position to define ME?
Me?
or. . . .
A progressive with anger issues and a desire for bigger goverment and less freedoms?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
Bank Script + Mega-corporations + big government = CORPORATISM

Corrupted government = Corporatism

Government can be empowered to protect our environment and prevent the enslavement of the masses.

In fact, in is the only thing that can really fight corporatism and the plutocracy.

Originally posted by crimvelvet
The tea party wants to see the return of real capitalism and that means getting rid of BANK SCRIPT ( MISES ) and getting rid of the collusion between corporations/banks/government.

The individual members of the "tea party" might want that; the problem is they are being used for a national political agenda that is in direct contradiction to their values.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hmmm, who should be in a better position to define ME?

Hmmmm, don't really care. I never attempted to define you.

Me?
or. . . .
A progressive with anger issues and a desire for bigger goverment and less freedoms?

Cool. Whatever this was it was a fantastic little waste of time. Now see if you can respond with something relevant to what I actually wrote because this response makes no sense.

It is quite telling though that when I ask what your precious tea PARTIERS have done to live up to the credit you give them, instead of having an answer you just have an angry little rant. That was about what I expected.
edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
I believe the individual members of the "tea party" support individual freedom but the problem is that on the national political level they are be used against their own values.

I believe they believe that as well. Unfortunately the only thing that matters is what really is and what really happens and not what a few angry people think is happening. The ##SNIP## are achieving the exact same thing on the local level that they are on the national level and none of it has had anything to do with shrinking government or enhancing freedoms. It has all been about putting people out of work to increase the bottom line for the richest corporations in the country.

They can run around saying they are just about constitutional small government all they like but I can also pound nails into someone's forehead and say that I am doing it for freedom too. The end result is all that matters to me.
edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

See, I chose not to get personal, but when you are subjected to something you either do not understand, or have no argument to refute, you resort to insults. I have not assumed anything, one just has to look at your responses to determine your train of thought.....and please tell me how the animal kingdom is full of animals looking out for one another. Did you perhaps watch the Lion King and confuse that with reality?

What a sloppy little mess of angry and disconnected thoughts this is. Maybe you should spend a little time educating yourself instead of working on your lame personal attacks.

Geese will drop out of a flock to stay with and help out an injured member of the flock.
Lionesses do not hunt to eat, they hunt to feed the pride.
This is not a concept you get from cartoons. It is the reality of life in the world. You sit there and attack me from your seat of ignorance without even trying to find out. Tell me why a healthy goose would stop migrating just to hang out with another goose that is injured.
Tell me how ancient man never gathered food, cared for their children, gathered in societies, hunted in groups, cared for their young, cared for their elderly.

Tell me all about it.

Well then perhaps you can explain why tea ## partiers ## have nothing but talking points about smaller government but when asked what they have actually done, all they can point to is fighting for lower corporate taxes.

Stop telling us what you all stand for and actually stand for it for a change and maybe someone will believe you. Well, given your response above, not you but someone of your ilk.

I see you crying about being insulted and claiming you are better than that. Then I see a lengthy, angry attack and yet still no insult from me to you.

It seems that the ##SNIP## have moved on to the next phase in their grand plan. Play the victim. You poor guys are always being attacked and insulted and wahh wahhhhhh wahhhhh. The first one to attack was you.
[

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

By telling ME what the Tea Party does or stands for, you are trying to define me.
Something progressives have a bad habit of doing.
*yawn*

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Kitilani

By telling ME what the Tea Party does or stands for, you are trying to define me.
Something progressives have a bad habit of doing.
*yawn*

You define yourself.

Not by your thoughts, but by the results of your actions.

I believe they believe that as well. Unfortunately the only thing that matters is what really is and what really happens and not what a few angry people think is happening. The #SNIP# are achieving the exact same thing on the local level that they are on the national level and none of it has had anything to do with shrinking government or enhancing freedoms.It has all been about putting people out of work to increase the bottom line for the richest corporations in the country. They can run around saying they are just about constitutional small government all they like but I can also pound nails into someone's forehead and say that I am doing it for freedom too. The end result is all that matters to me.

The tea party is helping the plutocracy achieve their goals.

This is not good for individual freedom.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The tea party is helping the plutocracy achieve their goals.

This is so wrong on so many levels that I felt it had to be addressed. Just because we are anti-government doesn't mean that we are immediately for corporate control.
For libs to always think in shades of grey, it's startiling to find that you think in terms of black and white when in comes to an either/or situation between government and private business.

If you honestly feel that a smaller government and more personal freedom is such a bad thing, may I suggest GOING to a country that HAS that, other than changing this country TO it!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Just because we are anti-government doesn't mean that we are immediately for corporate control.

I understand the individual people that make up the "tea party" might be against the corporate agenda.

However, the problem is that they are being used on the national political level for actions in direct contradiction to their claimed ideology.

They are helping to empower the plutocracy.

Again, this is horrible for individual freedom and independence.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Just because we are anti-government doesn't mean that we are immediately for corporate control.

I understand the individual people that make up the "tea party" might be against the corporate agenda.

However, the problem is that they are being used on the national political level for actions in direct contradiction to their claimed ideology.

They are helping to empower the plutocracy.

Again, this is horrible for individual freedom and independence.

Stop it. Just stop it! No one is being used. If you want an even playing field, then control union PAC's and donations. If not then your just being a hypocryte.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Stop it. Just stop it! No one is being used. If you want an even playing field, then control union PAC's and donations. If not then your just being a hypocryte.

Why would PACs only from unions be the problem?
All PACs need to be banned.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47 >>

join