It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party is anti-democratic and guilty of abuse of power

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Debt is currently 98% of GDP, you need to do some research and find out historicaly what happens when a countrys debt is > than 100% of GDP which it will be if you raise the debt ceiling... you get hyperinflationery debt spiraling...
in laymans terms ? a weekly wage wont be enough to feed your family. because your dolller will be worth less than toilet paper.

So you decrease the debt by not sending so much.

Or is that too simplistic?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

But, also disregard the fact that you suggest that the Tea Party abuses power, use the Left wing groups as your holier then though model, get called out on the carpet because it is a farce, ignore that and change the subject.
Typical Liberal arguing points.

edit on 30-7-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

It is nothing wrong with trying to make the US economy strong again, according to ones perspective, BUT, to do that by threatening the stability of the very thing one claims to be trying to help, is very problematic, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by macman

It is nothing wrong with trying to make the US economy strong again, according to ones perspective, BUT, to do that by threatening the stability of the very thing one claims to be trying to help, is very problematic, to say the least.

Ah, the war cry of the Typical Liberal. "Well, all I was trying to do was help." as the situation gets worse and worse.
It is well known and proven that your Liberal base and Liberal powers did not help, but brought us here.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Not to de-rail the thread, but, there should be term limits on House Reps, Senators and Supreme Court Justices. Something like 3 terms for a House rep (6 years) and (1) term for a Senator (6 years) and (1) 10 year term for a Justice. If you can't make change in 6/10 years you don't deserve the office. This keeps the Government fresh and moving.

Also, remove the special interest groups from the scene. You cannot make judgements for the people if you have someone whispering in your ear and giving you money. Any government official that takes money from a special interest group (including religious groups) will be stripped of their office and booted from the government and banned for life.

Also, you cannot sign into law any law that does not also affect the members of Congress, Supreme Court or the POTUS + his cabinet.

Just some thoughts.....tea party, republican, democrat......doesn't matter. The people matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Everything you said in the OP describes exactly how the Dems., using their majority power at the time, pushed Obamacare through the system without any regard for the oppostion's input or the input from the citizenry.

The tea party candidates were elected to do just what they are doing now. They are trying to right a severely swamped ship. The GOP as a whole has at least offered up proposals unlike the Democrats and the President.

The latter are too afraid to show their hand and would rather demonize the tea party faction and the GOP as a whole. To them I say put up or shut up and come up with a reasonable compromise that can appease both sides.

The left is already lining up their ducks for the blame game if the govt. shuts down. Take a note from the 1995/1996 shutdown when the GOP got blamed for that mess even though Clinton vetoed the bill.

Its a give and take approach and I am no longer opposed to some tax adjustments as long as there is some serious intent slash spending in a clear and concise manner.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You can't, have not, and will not, prove any of your basless assertions. All you can do is make statements that you can't back up. Becasue if you try I will refute them easily.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

You can't, have not, and will not, prove any of your basless assertions. All you can do is make statements that you can't back up. Becasue if you try I will refute them easily.

Ok.

There is no point in arguing with a deaf blind follower of the Liberal arts.

Oh, and you really need to touch up on your Alinsky style debating. it is poor at best.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

They got the votes, and remember it was the republicans with their 60 majority in the senate [ very undemacratic method] that prevented " Obamacare" from being a real good plan with a public option available.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

The Tea Party is the definition of democracy. These folks were elected and they are doing what they were elected to do and that is to oppose the nonsense which is the federal government.

A small minority imposing their will through fear and threats is the definition of Democracy?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
More mindless partisan drivel.

Opinion of ATSers lowered again, thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

Originally posted by dolphinfan

The Tea Party is the definition of democracy. These folks were elected and they are doing what they were elected to do and that is to oppose the nonsense which is the federal government.

A small minority imposing their will through fear and threats is the definition of Democracy?

Been happening for years.

So when the shoe is on the other foot, it is not fair.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
More mindless partisan drivel.

Opinion of ATSers lowered again, thanks.

Newsflash!!

Its called the POLITICAL MADNESS! Forum for a reason!! Move on!!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

. That's a good excuse for not presenting something THAT YOU KNOW I WILL KNOCK DOWN, as I have refuted all the points in this thread already by the Tea party lovers.

All arguments I have countered with truth because I am
JUST THE FACTS MAN, INFOREAL!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Who was it before the TEA party?

I do not think it is fair when anyone does it but you keep those partisan blinders on that help you assume so much about things I never wrote.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

Originally posted by macman

Who was it before the TEA party?

I do not think it is fair when anyone does it but you keep those partisan blinders on that help you assume so much about things I never wrote.

Listed above.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

. That's a good excuse for not presenting something THAT YOU KNOW I WILL KNOCK DOWN, as I have refuted all the points in this thread already by the Tea party lovers.

All arguments I have countered with truth because I am
JUST THE FACTS MAN, INFOREAL!

Sure sure.

I am sure as you continue to say that, you believe it more and more.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by dakota1s2

Do you think most of America would support the threat of the default of the american economic system to get thier political issues enacted ?

The threat of default???

wow.

The Tea Party is trying to save the country. If it takes a default to do it, then by god! that's what we need to do. Spending our way out of this mess has worked realy well.
So we should do more of the same?
edit on 30-7-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

If the Tea Party really wanted to "Save" this country, maybe they should consider chartering several very large cruise ships, get all their people aboard, then sail off into the sunset never looking back. And please, take all your freedom loving Bible thumpers with you!

If I had to depend on the ignorance and hypocrisy of the Tea Party for salvation, I would just as soon be left to my own demise.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

No. A number of elected representatives with significant support outside of their districts standing on principal. Now if you deem that to be threatening, why? If the tea party is obstructing democracy, why is it that the overwhelming percentage of Americans don't want to give Obama a clean raise of the debt ceiling? They are against it because they know the government is broken and there needs to be checks in place, thats why.

They don't want to simply give him a raise on the debt ceiling because they know he will blow the money.

Why is the establishment so fearful of being candid about the budget? Do you really think that folks know that when the politicians say they are proposing a 3% cut what they are really doing is proposing a 5% increase rather than the proposed 8% increase? Of course not. None of these folks are interested in cutting the size of the government. They are only interested in slowing its growth.

None of these groups are interested in honest base line budgeting - which is the budget that people understand. None of these folks are interested in stopping this flagrant abuse of power masked in double speak and platitudes and arrogance.

Except the Tea Party, that is.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You see I am not a flaming liberal. . . .I have many conservative views: I believe in the death penalty, free guns, crime prevention, I am for the legalization of drugs( ala Ron Paul) the elimination of all financial laws like reporting a 10, 000 bank transaction.

I am a libertarian liberal progressive conservative.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join