It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party is anti-democratic and guilty of abuse of power

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by incrediblelousminds

OK, so so our reasons are different, doesn't change the fact I don't want it raised. When I decided to pay off my credit cards and get my own financial house in order, i didn't go get another credit card so I had more credit to pay my debts, i tightened my belt and did without. It's the same damn thing, just on a much larger scale. So, what who should I be backing?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SaturnFX

no offense glad your not nice attempt to cast a your party off when its no better than those "evil republicans"

war only if theres an r by there name
murder only if theres an r by there name
spent too much only if theres an r by there name

but if you got a D by your name your spreading goodness and joy!

meh

Dems start wars, sure...no questions there.
Not all dems are liberals

Don't get me wrong though, I do see at times wars are necessary and right..such as WW2 (we should have gotten in there much earlier imo) and erm...the civil war...and maybe WW1

As far as murder...sorry, but until there is clear movement from the mass..this happens at around week 12-15 of a pregnancy.
Hell, they don't even get a fully developed central nervous system until 6 months, which means they actually start recieving information into their brains...aka, life (life is experience). But, meh, I am willing to go with the occasional muscle twitch as a cutoff date (again, 3 months roundabout)...during that, I would think only the most illogical would consider it a existing lifeform.
someone getting an abortion at 6 months is arguably causing a murder though...and should only happen if the life of the mother is in jepordy

Oh, and the spend too much thing.
I think long term needs to be considered in spending...there is a difference between buying dishes every week (cheap) verses buying a dishwasher and a sturdy set of dishes...initially the dishwasher and good dishes may cost far more than just getting a new set of dishes, but overall that plan will save far more...I look at things that way...investments are key towards a long term sane fiscal plan...short term cutbacks will quite often cost a lot more
edit on 30-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I am sick of saying this but liberals are the most intolerant lot there is-agree with their views or you are ''undemocratic''.OP please answer me this-are you one of these government agents managing multiple identities to influence forums,social media etc?If you write this stuff for free you really need to get into the real world instead of trying to force everyone to follow your rule,views & AGENDA!At least government agents get a wage for their trouble.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

really!!!!!!! you need to get a grip. if you really knew what your side has planned for this country, you'd run screening into the night! I do and I will not disclose it, you'll just have to wait till it comes then you will face the truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by skydog801
I do and I will not disclose it, you'll just have to wait till it comes then you will face the truth.

Then why did you post?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
Reply to post by incrediblelousminds

OK, so so our reasons are different, doesn't change the fact I don't want it raised. When I decided to pay off my credit cards and get my own financial house in order, i didn't go get another credit card so I had more credit to pay my debts, i tightened my belt and did without. It's the same damn thing, just on a much larger scale. So, what who should I be backing?

First of all, it isnt really 'the same damn thing' when you look at the specifics. These are global markets, and ANY business, much less a country, runs a debt. That isn't even a defense of raising the debt ceiling, just a clarification.

As far as who you should back, I really cant begin to be helpful there. But I would suggest you research what the debt ceiling is a bit more and what would happen to your ow financial situation if it werent passed. IT would be catastrophic for people like you and me.

Yes, spending needs to be put under control. But the dialogue in DC right now isnt addressing any REAL spending issues. This is just theater to pass the buck between the Parties.

Spending needs to be addressed. But not rasising the debt ceiling doesnt address this. It only simplifies a complicated issue and threatens to further destabilize the world financial market (which would, by default, benefit the big banks who run the world).

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by MikeboydUS

the whole system began when woodrow wilson a democrat signed into law.

Not even close.

After the panic of 1907, Republican Senator Nelson Aldrich, pushed for the 1908 Aldrich-Vreeland Act, which created the National Monetary Commission, which Senator Aldrich also became chairman of. The commission recommended the creation of a US central banking system.

Senator Aldrich, after travelling to Europe and examing their central banks, came back to the US and held a meeting at Jekyll Island with the "Money Trust" of the United States to create the Plan for the US central banking system. The Aldrich Plan became the blueprint for the Federal Reserve System.

Here's the real kicker, the Democrats ran in the 1912 elections on a populist platform against the Aldrich Plan and the Money Trust, yet the Plan was still adopted with a few changes.

Senator Aldrich's daughter would go on to marry the son of John D. Rockefeller and Aldrich's son would become chairman of Chase National Bank.

edit on 30/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

It's not a credit card limit!
It's not paying your bills!
Why would you want to not pay your bills? Even though you could?
Ok...
Let me try.
You have 1000$ on your credit card, and 500$ overdraft on your bank account.
Do you put the overdraft on your credit card to get your bank account in order?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong though, I do see at times wars are necessary and right..such as WW2 (we should have gotten in there much earlier imo) and erm...the civil war...and maybe WW1

sure is nice to define what constitutes a just cause

As far as murder...sorry, but until there is clear movement from the mass..this happens at around week 12-15 of a pregnancy.

soon as a woman gets knocked up i consider that a life and agian nice to get to define what is considered to be life.

Oh, and the spend too much thing. I think long term needs to be considered in spending...there is a difference between buying dishes every week (cheap) verses buying a dishwasher and a sturdy set of dishes...initially the dishwasher and good dishes may cost far more than just getting a new set of dishes, but overall that plan will save far more...I look at things that way...investments are key towards a long term sane fiscal plan...short term cutbacks will quite often cost a lot more

going back to a previous thought process with regards to facsism which fits here.

government corporate fascism the sole means of wealth generation is from the people and private business of this country that seeks to promote the general welfare of the citizens through means of wealth destruction ie taxes,rules,regulations etc. that is not self sustaining long term.

opposite viewpoint

those fascist private corporations of the people that create sustained wealth that lifts their respective mass populations that have raised more people out of poverty than any government program ever has with the prospect of become their own masters something that can never be done with government corporation people will always be its slaves.

how it fits here the government spends what it takes from the people then it keeps spending until they need more with destroys wealth from the people and business.

that means the people have less money to pump into their local economies that use to generate wealth for the people which has turned to taking more from the people to generate wealth for the government.

too buy all those dishwashers that use to employ people who use to employ other people who use to pay taxes that use to go to the government.

for long term thinking here the people need less government so they can generate their own wealth that sustains the people

as opposed to long term funding the government who cant seem to ever spend its money wisely.

long term funding of the people wins out because the wealth creation from the people is never self defeating and creates more wealth as population growth maintains of course that is when people stop killing their kids.

look up abortion stats over 45-50 million have beeen killed since 1973

edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
reply to post by Finalized

It's not a credit card limit!
It's not paying your bills!
Why would you want to not pay your bills? Even though you could?
Ok...
Let me try.
You have 1000$ on your credit card, and 500$ overdraft on your bank account.
Do you put the overdraft on your credit card to get your bank account in order?

Excellent point.

Not raising the debt ceiling to address spending cuts is moronic political theater. It is a sleight of hand to make the GOP pretend they are addressing SPENDING when they aren't. Sure, they want to cut social programs, but what about Defense Spending? What about Agricultural subsidies? What about no-bid Halliburton contracts?

NOT raising the debt ceiling will harm America. If you want to address spending, cut spending. But NOT cutting spending while NOT raising the debt limit is idiotic and will be catastrophic.

If you are filling your sink with water, and it is about to over flow, do you turn off the water, or just let your sink collapse?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

thats hilarious its not wilsons fault?

thats like me saying its not bushes fault for signing the patriot act into law.

woodrow wilson and the 63rd congress who held both majorites in both houses.
edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
U.S. Constitution trumps democracy

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I would go with the start of the heart beating. 18 days.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

thats hilarious its not wilsons fault?

thats like me saying its not bushes fault for singing the patriot act into law.

Wilson ran on a populist platform against the Aldrich Plan, yet he still signed a version of the Plan into law.

Then Aldrich's only daughter marries the only son of John D. Rockefeller and Aldrich's son becomes chairman of Chase National Bank?

You can't be that blind.

edit on 30/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Really, I have seen some stupid things said in my day (which is not too long of a time) but, to say that the "tea Party" has "abused power" is like saying that the rest of america is abusing power by voting. That, in essence, is all you are saying. "oh they don't even represent more than 1%" Um.....according to you. ALso, According to you, These 85 people are representing only about 1%. However, that is actually alot better than what we have had since 1914, which is an entire congress representing the upper .1% of the population. Last time we had a president that was actually FOR the people, The CIA shot him in the head and blamed it on a guy who "REALLY REALLY wanted to be a political assassin his entire life" (despite the fact that the guy was, defacto, working for him against the CIA)

SO what this entire stupid thread is about, is you saying that the "Tea Party" (when, ever since the first huge protest against the government was organized online as a new Boston Tea Party EVENT, Every media outlet has labeled every protester a tea partyer because they aren't already under another group like code pink or what-not) is abusing power in america by voting people who they think should be in office, into office. i hate using over-used phrases, but PULEEEASE, quit while you are (in your own mind) ahead.

People vote.
At the same time, about MAYBE 1/3rd of this country can pull themselves off of facebook and away from their stupid TV shows to actually vote.
Then, about half of those 1/3rd (1/6 respectively) are absorbed by the stupid false left/right republican/democrat nothing-fight (most of these people are old people who are just following what they have always followed and vote the same way they always have voted).
the other 1/6th actually know what is going on, but only about half of them (1/12th) really see the true corruption and are trying to fight it, hence the protesters.

The other 2/3rds of this country is too busy with their own lives or just don't care, thinking everything will fix itself in time. However, stragglers from this 2/3rd occasionally come out to complain about things they have no clue about, then jump on whatever republican/democrat bandwagon and join the 1/6 that are absorbed into the nothing fight.

So, long story short, it is ridiculous to say that the "Tea party" labeled candidates are abusing power and only representing a portion of 1%, you might as well say that the status quo and the president are supported by "The other 99%". but then again, threads like these ARE becoming more and more common on ATS. The government infiltration agents are all over ATS now, Cass Sunstein must be proud of you Inforeal. Not saying you are a disinfo agent, but you sure talked like one in this thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I remember in high school back in the 70’s we were required to read George Orwell’s book “1984” I remember asking my head and chuckling that “it could never happen here” Well guess what IT DID and it’s OUR FAULT. Somewhere in the last 40 years we all got tied up in our daily lives and trusted the officials that WE ELECTED to do the job that we elected them to do, keep taxes low, balance the budget, keep us out of wars etc. THEY FAILED and WE FAILED and now “Big Brother” IS HERE and it’s our responsibility to take back our government. This country is on the brink of financial disaster and all I hear is “It’s the republicans fault” or “It’s the democrats fault” guess what it’s both parties fault because both parties want to proceed like it’s business as usual and neither party wants to do what needs to be done to get us out of this mess. I haven’t heard any politician, democrat or republican say we need to make massive cutbacks in federal government (with the notable exception of Mr. Ron Paul.) to them a fat, bloated government is just business as usual. I’ve had friends in positions in the military where they were involved in procurement for military bases and the incredible waste. One example was a friend told me about spending $100,000 dollars on the last day of their fiscal year on sporting equipment for the base to use up their budget and to ask for a larger budget for their next year, your basic spend it or lose it mentality. If this is the case overall in our government how many billions are being wasted? And do our elected officials do anything about it? No, business as usual. More and more I’m turning away from both political parties and supporting the Tea Party members because at least they want the same thing as most average Americans do. Financial responsibility from our elected officials, lower taxes, less government.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I really dont think the tea party has anything to do with the debt, I do however know that the people in government and who have been in government for quite sometime are. And Im pretty sure that they run there own households as follows. They make there house payment with there credit card, and when the credit card runs out of credit they transfer it to one of those credit cards that says get our card and a lower monthly interest for the next year if you transfer all your balances. And it just gonna keep going like that because they really dont know any other way out of the mess they put us in. This is there norm. There not kicking the can down the road there kicking our arses and our childerns arse down the road. Both parties are so in bed with unions and big buissness and have taken so much from both ,that in order to pay them back they are basically useing your tax dollars to buy votes in order to stay in power,and they use that money for both the rich and the poor. If your in the middle your screwed,where do you think the money is comin from for the votes. Anywho thats my 2 cents worth because thats about all I have left is 2 pennies. Thank you for listening to mmy blabing.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I would go with the start of the heart beating. 18 days.

Yet when the heart stops beating you do not declare death?
The problem is, within 18 days 99% of women (That is not meant to be a factual statement) do not know!
Question though: How much time would you need to remodel your clinic?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

with the exception of performing abortions, all the above services are provided by local (State) health departments in every county in my state, payed for by taxpayers. why should my tax dollars be spent on duplicate programs at twice the cost and adding to the burden of the federal budget. one of many examples of poor allocation of tax dollars for duplicate programs that should be eliminated. What about Acorn??? need I say more. Corruption using tax payers money. By the way the gov. has no money of its own. consumers (taxpayers) pay for it all.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker46

"Will pay"

Its not all paid yet. $14 trillion to go.

I should mention $10 trillion we are paying back to ourselves, only 4 is going overseas.
edit on 30/7/11 by MikeboydUS because:

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join