It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@BarackObama Twitter Account (used to promote Obama 2012) loses 33,000 "Followers" in one day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

As you know if you're an @BarackObama "Follower" on Twitter, the account spammed about contacting Congressional leaders all day - I mean, all day!
The result was that many Republicans who Obama tweeted about gained many "Followers" while @BarackObama lost at least 33,000.
As annoying as it was, I say he deserves the loss. The problem is that he reportedly counts on that social networking contact to do much campaigning for 2012.

Some of the Twitter-users' responses to @BarackObama's spamming are in this article... Many are funny...
www.examiner.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

He is bringing his issues to the people he works for. Us.

He is the President. Why is it wrong for him to want us to know his perspective on things, and to ask for our assistance if we agree with him?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There's not really any way to verify that he lost 33k followers in one day over their tweet-spamming. It is rather irritating that they're only posting about telling Republicans to compromise. What about Democrats? Shouldn't a bi-partisan solution, by definition, involve compromise from the Democrats as well? Hell the House passed two bills and the Democrat lead Senate just killed them both without so much as talking about them. Those bills weren't perfect, but they were a starting point at least.

I just hope people remember this mess come election time. The Senate Democrats are unwilling to compromise or they'd have at least tried to amend the House bills into something they'd be willing to pass and sent it back like they do any other bill. They're playing games with our countries future and the people need to wake up and quit buying the sack of crap they're selling. And before anyone gets in a huff, no the Republicans aren't much better. If they were they'd have been working on this a lot sooner and we wouldn't be so close to the deadline without a bill passed by both the House and the Senate.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

With so many Democrats blaming Republicans, and all the Republicans blaming Democrats, it becomes clear that both parties in Washington are refusing to negotiate.

It's a pot and kettle scenario.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have unfollowed people before for the exact same reason. SPAM is annoying no matter who it is coming from and all day long? Sounds like a lack of really understanding twitter.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In other news, Jesus is up 30,000 followers:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9d09fa9b177.png[/atsimg]
edit on 30-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Well that's good news.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

In other news, Jesus is up 30,000 followers:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9d09fa9b177.png[/atsimg]
edit on 30-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

At least they're following the real messiah now.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Why do you say that one can't tell if someone lost 33,000 followers in one day? The number of followers a person has is posted on every users' account.

Oh, and I'm delighted that the real Messiah is up 30,000.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Actually I didn't find any humor with spams on his Twitter. That number of "Followers" lost in one day looks awfully familiar but it doesn't tell me how many more people actually acted on his message: inform congress what you want.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Not surprised, why didn't he put HUSSEIN in his username??

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Because unless there are screenshots somewhere out there showing the before and after numbers, it simply isn't possible to prove definitively that he lost 33k followers. I'm sure he did lose quite a few, no one likes spam, it just isn't possible to prove the actual numbers.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

his name already sounds like he's not from the US. he's not so stupid as to use a name that's sure to inflame more people than reassure.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Senate Deomcrats did compromise though. Their entire debate was about revenue. The wanted to get rid of the Bush cuts on the rich, and close loopholes. That's a giant compromise to take that off the table. They didnlt fight hard for it. They gave in, and subsequently expected Congress to give a little and not place the focus of cuts upon Medicare or SS. How is it that you see no compromise? I'm just curious. What would they have had to do (Reid's bunch) to satisfy your view of compromise? I mean, not including revenues is half the dam problem.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
How is it that you see no compromise?

Tabling not one but two bills from the House without even attempting to amend them like they do everything else that gets passed their way is not compromise. It's pandering to liberals who didn't want to see the democrats in congress compromise with republicans.

Also, from my first post:

And before anyone gets in a huff, no the Republicans aren't much better. If they were they'd have been working on this a lot sooner and we wouldn't be so close to the deadline without a bill passed by both the House and the Senate.

edit on 8/2/2011 by Jenna because: (no reason given)

top topics

join