It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Thermal Technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Load carrying gear? I have a Field Pack Air Support:

Incredible load carrying capacity. Internal alloy frame, padded back with shoulder harness and waist belt with the added facility to personalise with another belt. Internal and external lid pouches with facility to zip a PLCE side or medics pouch on the top and will take two pouches at the sides. Front panel is fitted with six pouches - three utility size and three larger pouches. Constructed to the highest quality of manufacture in the UK to take loads normal rucksacks would not be able to take.

You can add to the baby. It is strong and take a lot of punishmen. It is not cheap but well worth the money.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSurrender

Military combat informs, BDU's are treated to reduce a solders IR (inferred red) signature... you can buy them on-line or a good military surplus store... but check before you buy... knock offs done have the same protection as the real deal
edit on 2-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

I actually prefer the M14, it is more reliable and has killing power over the .223 we have used. If I had a choice I would take a retrofitted ERB any day over the M4. I hate the M4 and refused to use one, I asked for an M16 and was happier. Also because I was using an M16, they always made me the designated marksman because of its range and accuracy over the M4s.

That and expert rifle qualification helped.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ok my friends, there are a few discussions on this very topic in the past.

You cannot hide from thermal for long. If you hide your heat signature you create a "hole" in your surronding environment. All that has to be done is the polarity of the optic display is switched...you are then caught.

Someone mentioned above about BDU's being the answer...that is BS too. They are/were (dunno about current ones) but the crap washed out as soon as you put them in the washer and dryer...fabric softener destroys it and god forbid you ever starched it (those look really cool btw). You get better results spraying yourself down with right guard

There is technology out there that doesnt just pick up thermal signatures but also holes in the thermal picture. Some even process uv...positive and negative pictures...compares them and sees you anyway.

breaking up your silhouette is your best bet

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Im no more of an expert then anyone here, seems we all have diffrent views on what we know or have heard.

I can tell you I know this stuff work for blocking IR, getting it to work as clothing will be a trick but sure it could be done.
IR BLOCKER
The BDU's of today and yesterday are both IR Barrier coated, the old ones did wear out in two washes if you used soap, but you could keep it for about a week before it was lost if you didnt use and soap and only washed by hand.
The newer BDU's are more durable but do wear off in time. In a recent episode of Top Sniper, they had to do a night Op, and a guy they were viewing through the IR could be seen where he was wearing old BDU's, but it was not able to pick up his body outline in the new multi cam BDU's he had on.

What Ive heard through diffrent people but cant prove is, there was a guy in the mid 80's who made flight suits and sleeping bags out of IR Barrier clothing, of course the store ends with him being shut down by the gov'mnt.

Ive been through some crap gear that people have swore by here in Alaska, Ive found that Im liking allot of what Condor is offering. I picked this pack up and loaded it with 50 lbs. of kit and put 12 miles on. It took a few to get it into place, but after a few it fit right in, the back support is firm as well as the hip belt pads. I was suprised twice with the two multi cam packs Ive got from them, they both had tags explaining it had been coated in a IR barrier.
I still had a hard time beleaving it works, but a friend of mine who put in alot of scope time in Iraq and Afg. says the stuff works really good, not perfect but really good.
Hope this helps you out a bit.

Condor Assault Pack
edit on 8/4/2011 by Patrioitinsheepclothing because: Picture link wasnt working

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The only real way I know of is to create a physical barrier of sufficient thickness between you and the sensor. Even then, do not stay in one place for too long.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Agreed, dont think your going to get a chance to lay down and take a nap in it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join