It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footballers phone hacked IN the white house by who...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The titles a little sensational I know but an interesting article I read below and I thought id like to share. Man utd footballer Rio Ferdinand took a pic of himself in an off limits area within the white house and within minutes of posting the pic to Twitter it had mysteriously vanished from his phone and Twitter.
Cool phone hacking tech from the secret service or a case of accidental picture deleting? I think phone hacking but how?

www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/870845-rio-ferdinand-flaunts-security-in-white-house-visit-then-has-phone-hacked#ixzz1TW2AEZuk

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
rio ferdinand is a complete ass...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

That's a little harsh, he may be an over paid footballer, but he has done quite a lot for the community when it comes to tackling knife crime and racism.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by markygee

He was in an "off limits" area of the Whitehouse ??

Guess that explains everything apart from why wasn't he arrested?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

He was in an "off limits" area of the Whitehouse ??

Guess that explains everything apart from why wasn't he arrested?

I'm more interested in how his phone and Twitter account was hacked in seconds than why he wasn't arrested though we could campaign for it if you want

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Hacking his phone would be easy..

He was in an off limits area and they removed the pic..
Nothing wrong with that IMO and he was let off easy..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It was done by management.

They needed to confirm

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Hacking his phone would be easy..

He was in an off limits area and they removed the pic..
Nothing wrong with that IMO and he was let off easy..

I agree just impressed by the blatant swiftness of "their" actions and as there's no admission by any party so no denial of action I wouldn't be surprised if every phone is scanned as soon as you enter the whitehouse.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
May be related to the technology being used by Michigan police.

ACLU wants to know how Michigan cops use 'data extraction devices'

The Michigan State Police have a handful of portable machines called "extraction devices" that have the potential to download personal information from motorists they pull over, and the ACLU would like to know more about them.

The devices, sold by a company called Cellebrite, can download text messages, photos, video, and even GPS data from most brands of cell phones. The handheld machines have various interfaces to work with different models and can even bypass security passwords and access some information.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by Misterlondon

That's a little harsh, he may be an over paid footballer, but he has done quite a lot for the community when it comes to tackling knife crime and racism.

are we a man u fan mr woodward?

its not harsh he is a plonker..and with the community stuff.. you do you realise there is always another agenda to this type of work?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If news of the world can hack phones, don't you thin the secret service can?

the news of the police being able to download everything from your devices is bad though, it's breach of privacy.

Whatever in the name of national security, push all morals aside, and let the profits ride...

edit on 30-7-2011 by Grey Magic because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The NSA requires certain things on all technology today.

The pictures are automatically tagged with GPS location....internet servers would automatically delete them if those coordinates are on a list...

If you want to take picture in the White House you have to use older older digital cameras....pre location tagging/information embedded into photos.

Every time you take a digital picture...the exact location is marked secretly in the picture file format.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The NSA requires certain things on all technology today.

The pictures are automatically tagged with GPS location....internet servers would automatically delete them if those coordinates are on a list...

If you want to take picture in the White House you have to use older older digital cameras....pre location tagging/information embedded into photos.

Every time you take a digital picture...the exact location is marked secretly in the picture file format.

and that's probably the answer. It's so obvious now that you've said it.

top topics

join