It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals freaking out today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
1. This morning i saw a duck(!) sitting on a tree in the local cemetery. Yes im sure it was a duck, she was quacking and flown away when i went closer.
2. On my way home a sparrow was sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. I was only one step from but still he didnt move at all. I crouched down and he was like hipnotized or something. Starring into the nothing. I watched him for 25-30 secs when someone opened a street door with a "jingle bell" above it. The bird immediatelly "regain his consciousness" and flown away.

Edit:
Im from Hungary, Central Europe
edit on 31-7-2011 by belsoember because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

You might have spotted a wood duck,
although they're not a common sight in Hungary.
Beautiful birds.

Given its native distribution the species is also a potential natural vagrant to Western Europe and there have been records in areas such as Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly which some observers consider may relate to wild birds; however, given the Wood Duck's popularity in captivity it would be extremely difficult to prove their provenance one way or another.

Source

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

Wow, i didnt know they exist. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My background is in instrumentation....... people, animals etc use much more than the "5" sensor types. Many completely bypass the" concious mind". It isn't a simple matter of the stimulus being out of range, Animals can sense variations in accelleration "gravity waves", that we would miss completely. We may be subliminaly aware but dismiss it as a "dizzyness". Excellent, report

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Check USGS for slight earthquakes.
That upsets our critters and for some reason I've noticed the bigger one hit in the morning 4:30-8, Northridge, Sylmar the other times they hit they are smaller.

The bay area though they have their big ones during daylight. There may be no pattern I have just noticed it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I've noticed small birds flying in large groups and long lines here back and forth throughout the day.

The seagulls were also very many here yesterday even this far inland which to me was kind of bizarre
but other than that I can't say I've noted anything out of the ordinary..

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

Now if the OP is so inclined to less likely explanations for their experience, may I present a scenario? I hinted at it earlier without outright saying it. Alien abduction.

No! I am not saying it was this. I simply find the story of everyone waking up so early, together, as having a similar feel to other stories purported to be that of an extraterrestrial encounter. So there, I said it.

Okay, I was sort of hesitant to answer that suggestion..... to me biological reactions to changes in the environment sound more realistic than alien abduction, and more worthy of speculation in public.
That said, what I don't always want to come out and say in public right away is that me and my family have a history of abduction type experiences. We went through years of that, and after going to shrinks that couldn't help, we got some aid from Dr. John Macks association, especially for my youngest, who was two at the time. But I seemed to find a way to push them away, and the experiences stopped- about ten years ago.
If it had happened again, I think we'd remember it, because we never had problems remembering it before, never went through things like hypnosis. So I tend to think about that as behind us and no longer a possibility.

But I could be wrong, there is various scenarios that could make that a potential cause for our behaviors.

Since that morning, I have heard from many people in the area that they observed similar behavior by their animals and had similar behavior on their own parts (waking up extremely early, being sort of hyperactive).

But as we can see, no big event such as earthquake happened that day...... so though that was what I saw as a high potential myself, it doesn't seem to have happened.

The boar explanation, though highly likely, begs the question of why they were so wide spread and coming into peoples property that day (we are in a rural area, neighbors are miles apart) and why our animals aren't reacting like this more often to their presence? Surely if they are roaming around us, they are doing it regularly? They are sighted regularly, and the signs of their presence are everwhere all the time.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Just because the boar scenario seems unlikely, don't dismiss it. It's certainly bound to happen at some point.

I know I'll get flamed for this but once again, I would like everyone to acknowledge the fact (after moving the goalposts yet ANOTHER 24 hours) that indeed, no such implied incident occurred (animal prediction). Especially a worldwide incident. So invite you all to personally attack me and move the goalposts once more...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

As i've said, I completely respect your opinion.

Now, I'm not 'moving the goalposts' but as mentioned, what the animals picked up on, it may not have been something humans can see or hear or feel, generally. It may seem like a non-event but we don't understand what may have happened.

And no, I wont completely rule out the Boar scenario IF there wasn't the strange incident of the whole family waking up at 5AM.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

As i've said, I completely respect your opinion.

Now, I'm not 'moving the goalposts' but as mentioned, what the animals picked up on, it may not have been something humans can see or hear or feel, generally. It may seem like a non-event but we don't understand what may have happened.

And no, I wont completely rule out the Boar scenario IF there wasn't the strange incident of the whole family waking up at 5AM.

I am in agreement with you, LightAssassin. I am not saying that the incident was caused by something supernatural, but I am saying that there is a possibility that something could have happened that animals far and wide picked up on.

You see, that is what I love about this site. Where else could people around the world correlate events like this? IF something happened the other night - and I cannot say that something did - it would never have been detected before the internet era.

Think about it this way.. say some sort of energy hit earth but it was more like a buckshot (on a very large scale). Groups of animals would be affected, but over a wide area and in sporadic concentrations. You would have to have an immensely large sample size to detect such a thing over an aggregate population. That is why I am not quick to debunk and why I will continue to participate in threads like this.

Had my own cat not freaked out around the exact same time as the OP, who knows if I would feel the same way. The fact remains that it was a noteworthy incident to me, and it happened at the same time other pets (and humans for that matter) exhibited noteworthy behavior.

Interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The waking is a very peculiar event.

Every scenario leaves more questions and much to be desired in the way of that event...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I think you just misread my last post. I said I think the boar explanation is highly likely.

I didn't mention that yesterday, my husband and I again woke up early (4:30). I tried to quietly get up, and my husband said "You can't sleep either?"
What was interesting is that for years I have been one who hears "the Hum", which I recently found out (thanks to this site) is something many people in the world hear and some serious studies have been carried out to find out what it is (without much success, apparently). But yesterday, my husband could hear it! Only once before has he actually heard it. But yesterday he heard it loudly and was looking around the room for the source.

Sometimes it is so strong it make my jaw tremble and can be very irritating. I say "hear" but it is more like "feel" a vibration. He felt it in the same way.

Again, we were so active we began clearing out our whole house and decided we are going to paint our interior. He tends to hoard, but spent the whole day going through things he's built up over years and throwing stuff away. We didn't stop all day! It sort of reminds me of the "nesting instinct" I would go through when pregnant right before labor, when I'd have the extreme urge to re-do my whole house!

This all might be related- or not. I don't know. I'm just noting it all for the record.

I am thinking about it because one theory about the Hum I have read is that it is "gravity waves" that some people might be more sensitive to than others. (had to brush up on my physics to research what those are....)
I bring that up in the context of elements that could effect our biology, that are not obvious. This Hum has been strong on a regular basis lately, so that I have just gotten used to feeling it most of the time. But in terms of gravity waves, I am still not real clear on what causes them, and where they might be coming from. But IF they played into the way we are feeling and behaving, it would make sense that animals might also be effected by such subtle influences?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

And you would be correct. Sorry, I do this from time to time. I just love ATS so much, I'm constantly bouncing around and sometimes I miss stuff.

I've always wanted to visit hum sites to see if I could hear it. I think Taos is the nearest one to me (California). Just plain weird.

As far as gravity waves, I assumed the member meant Earth's gravitational field but I could be wrong... It's suspected that birds utilize this in their migratory patterns. suspected anyway.

Fun Off-Topic Fact: The U.S. military actually bombed sort of "junctions" of these magnetic forces. Just to see what fun may be had. Idiots.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Oh man, I had no idea.....

That is so reckless. I am truly disgusted by what governments do for the sake of war.

I hope one day you may have a change of perspective regarding your opinion of this planet. I know we're on the same team...just different sides of the pitch.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

It is on other sites specifally about the Hum that I read the gravity wave hypothesis. Gravity waves are different from EM vibration in fact. They cannot be "blocked" by matter, in fact it is thought the more dense the matter, the more they are exagerrated. So like, if you live in a house that is made of wood, the gravity waves would be felt less in it than say, in a house like mine, with three foot thick stone walls. I'll have to look it up again to get it straight, but from what I was able to grasp, the gravity waves are caused by the distortion of time-space made by a round and large massive objects moving in space (like planets).

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Okay. Last night at 3:00 AM, we had an earthquake. The news here is saying it's epicenter is the town I live in, and it was 3.(something). Because i didn't catch all the details (not having had my coffee yet) and apparently everyone else here is talking about it without being real consistant on the exact measurement, I tried to look it up on RSOE.

They have it listed for a village more to the south, and a lower measurement. I don't know why the location is different according to the french press and RSOE.... I wonder if it just depends upon where they have measurement stations???

Anyway, this is a very rare event. This is not earthquake prone area, as far as anyone can remember, there has never been one here. (not saying there has never been one at all, I'm talking about the memories in lifetimes of locals).

So.... I wonder if the underground movements or building pressures could have effected us? I sure hope there won't be any more, and of higher strength, because this is a very mountainous, rocky region, and our houses are made of stone, most built on the side of slopes, which would not at all stand up well to a stronger quake!

I'm originally from California, and am pretty de-sensitized to earthquakes. But I've come to realize that stone walls are vastly inferior to wood construction when it comes to seismic activity!

I looked it up and found there was some smaller ones too.
I am listing them here, partly just so that I have some record elsewhere besides my own computer. I am interested in just recording this data and seeing with time if there is any significant patterns to be found between behaviors and further seismic activity.

Aug. 3 2011-08-03
12 km South of Vallon Pont D’Arc
23 km West of Pont St. Esprit

3 :36 AM
Depth 2km

3 :47 AM
Depth 10 km

4 :28 AM
Depth 4 km

5 :11 AM
Depth 10 km

edit on 3-8-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wasn't really sure where to post this until I found this thread, closest one I've found. The story doesn't give too much info, but from my experience, I have not seen anything like it in this area in my 30+ years. I have seen flocks of at most 100 birds and that has been in more rural areas. They just shown up this year, could be habitat encroachment and they are just displaced. I don't know alot about bird behavior. They seem always aggitated and on high alert and sometimes moderately aggressive. Just think its a little abnormal from what I am used to in this area.

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Every night, just before sunset, some folks at a highrise in downtown Huntington claim they're under attack from a horde of winged invaders.
They told WSAZ.com it's like a scene from a Hitchcock movie.
Putting skepticism and cynicism to the side, WSAZ.com decided to check it out.
No one can explain why the birds have been showing up at the same time and place every day this summer.
What they do know is: they are loud. Residents at Highlawn place say it's difficult to sleep with them around.
WSAZ.com home and garden expert John Marra says this is typical starling behavior, but one man at the highrise says these aren't starlings.
Most people don't care. They just want them to fly away for good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to story and video

www.wsaz.com...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join