It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Shocking; not for sensitive people!] Slaughterhouses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
this video has got some extreme content but I want you to see it anyway (at least few minutes).

Most Americans do not want to know how the meat they eat is produced, if only so they can continue to eat it.
These houses are hidden so well that no-one can find them.
But this can't continue!
I think we can all help by sharing this video with the world.

With greed and profit being the only driving force behind the industry now, they have tried to pass the buck to you, the consumer, by telling you that the process of decontamination is up to YOU; i.e. cook your meat before you eat it. When did the decontamination issue switch from containment BEFORE occurring to recovery AFTER they allowed the feces to literally pass under their noses?

Im not sure i will ever be able to eat meat again after watching this video it made me sick..
Graphic video: An HSUS investigation reveals one of the leading suppliers of the national school lunch program is permitting sick and injured dairy cows to enter the food supply.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
But cows are so delicious.

Steak, Steak Salad, Steak ka-bobs, Breakfast Steak, Steak and eggs, Steak sandwich, fajita Steak.

Mmmmm.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
As a true animal lover I would love to eat even the sickliest of animals.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
But cows are so delicious.

Steak, Steak Salad, Steak ka-bobs, Breakfast Steak, Steak and eggs, Steak sandwich, fajita Steak.

Mmmmm.

I know i eat meat also but this video just made me sick

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Cant they give them a drug in what they eat to put them down or something? Its cruel to shove them around like that. Reminds me of certain species I cant put my finger on... Hmmm. Its on my tongue.... unnnhh.... I know I know this one....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
As a true animal lover I would love to eat even the sickliest of animals.

yuck! not me i want my meat healthy and not full of germs and feces

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Cant they give them a drug in what they eat to put them down or something? Its cruel to shove them around like that. Reminds me of certain species I cant put my finger on... Hmmm. Its on my tongue.... unnnhh.... I know I know this one....

watched another video earlier on how they kill the cows that was horrible! You would think they would come up with a better way..And yeah its your tongue rolling around your mouth lol

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

these places are houses of horror... I don't see how a person can work in this vocation without it doing serious damage to them emotionally. the senseless, abject terror these animals obviously go through as they are forced through this (literal) meat grinder of a facility.
don't get me wrong, I love a good steak... but considering how it made it to my plate, killed and hoisted up as you would an inanimate object... chopped, sliced & ground all while it's body is still holds the warmth of life. I don't see how a person could do that job, day in and day out without taking it into other aspects of their life. that's BAD...
at this point, it'll be a week or so before I can eat meat. just the thought that places like this exist turns my stomach.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
this is a shock video. can you imagine 100 years ago. protein is essential. Our great grandparents ate much more obscure things. I am not saying how we do things are ok, but we eat and pay for meat. Hope my kids have as easy an access to protein as i do.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Earth supports a pretty large human population. There's simply no other way to do it. Let's be honest, this video was posted for shock value and it's potential to rile up emotion. This is just the reality of the situation on this planet. This sort of "first world problem" that is really trivial in comparison to world events on the whole.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazkaat

these places are houses of horror... I don't see how a person can work in this vocation without it doing serious damage to them emotionally. the senseless, abject terror these animals obviously go through as they are forced through this (literal) meat grinder of a facility.
don't get me wrong, I love a good steak... but considering how it made it to my plate, killed and hoisted up as you would an inanimate object... chopped, sliced & ground all while it's body is still holds the warmth of life. I don't see how a person could do that job, day in and day out without taking it into other aspects of their life. that's BAD...
at this point, it'll be a week or so before I can eat meat. just the thought that places like this exist turns my stomach.

jazkaat,Slaughterhouses are houses of horror they have the highest turnover rates of any industrial job ..I would think its dehumanizing work i wouldn't last 5 mins on that job and the poor animals..We process 300, 400 cattle an hour which is as much as twice as many as anywhere else in the world. And it's that speed of production that can lead to food-safety problems...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by eugenius
this is a shock video. can you imagine 100 years ago. protein is essential. Our great grandparents ate much more obscure things. I am not saying how we do things are ok, but we eat and pay for meat. Hope my kids have as easy an access to protein as i do.

I agree its a shock video but still it bothered me to watch..I deer hunt and we process our own meat so i know its clean and wrapped well i just hate how the animals are treated in this video its disturbing..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
Earth supports a pretty large human population. There's simply no other way to do it. Let's be honest, this video was posted for shock value and it's potential to rile up emotion. This is just the reality of the situation on this planet. This sort of "first world problem" that is really trivial in comparison to world events on the whole.

I agree we have alot bigger problems going on right now with our world..But i still worry about what i put in my mouth to eat and this kind of animal cruelty is horrible

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This is indeed very sad that an animal has to suffer for our gain but if your interested in this topic you should check out the movie "FOOD INC." this is the website www.foodincmovie.com... it's about animal cruelty as well as how it can be very lucrative.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I'm not one to jump on any bandwagon but I'm all for this organic food fad. I try to pick it up whenever I can. Unfortunately, "organic" meat is considerably more expensive.

It's just this type of factory farming that spreads disease, giving us massive outbreaks of E. Coli and the like. Especially with the tracking of mad cow disease and it's links to CJD and nvCJD. No amount of heat can kill this disease because it consists of defective proteins, not living bacteria. The USDA claims to never have found any in the U.S. supply and that frightens me. BSE is naturally occurring in 1 out of xxxxx cows so where have those gone? When you consider cross contamination in processing, it's not hard to imagine a nightmare scenario. A ticking time bomb of sorts leading to a mass die-off of the population. I'm not prone to doomsday thinking but this is just... science.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicrikk
This is indeed very sad that an animal has to suffer for our gain but if your interested in this topic you should check out the movie "FOOD INC." this is the website www.foodincmovie.com... it's about animal cruelty as well as how it can be very lucrative.

Thank You for "FOOD INC." site i watched the movie it was disturbing and it did change my mind on what i eat and it is a money making scheme and America should demand more wholesome food !

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

I'm not one to jump on any bandwagon but I'm all for this organic food fad. I try to pick it up whenever I can. Unfortunately, "organic" meat is considerably more expensive.

It's just this type of factory farming that spreads disease, giving us massive outbreaks of E. Coli and the like. Especially with the tracking of mad cow disease and it's links to CJD and nvCJD. No amount of heat can kill this disease because it consists of defective proteins, not living bacteria. The USDA claims to never have found any in the U.S. supply and that frightens me. BSE is naturally occurring in 1 out of xxxxx cows so where have those gone? When you consider cross contamination in processing, it's not hard to imagine a nightmare scenario. A ticking time bomb of sorts leading to a mass die-off of the population. I'm not prone to doomsday thinking but this is just... science.

I love to eat organic food but it is also very expensive i have my own garden and grow my own vegetables so i feel safe eating that..I am a farmer and own cattle on a small scale we take our cattle to the local butcher to be processed i know his shop is clean ..And yes i can imagine a nightmare scenario and it wouldn't take much to start it off cross contamination in processing i think is going on right now with our meat thats why they have all the labels.. They have tried to pass the buck to you, the consumer, by telling you that the process of decontamination is up to YOU; i.e. cook your meat before you eat it there is a alot of feces in the meat your buying at the local store..thanks for your reply

new topics

top topics

join