It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to back up Melchizedek?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
...or just one of his "pawn" sites to make us belivee Richard Hoover can prove him right?

www.merkaba.org...

I dont know what to think about it after reading up his "Flower Of Life" book. The man seems to have no credible sources but seems to really believe what he is talking about, and actually mixes fact with opinion. Still, Richard Hoover was later distanced from NASA so even he was trying to use Hoover as a source, could Hoover's papers even be considered a "source"?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Your site links to a very poor attempt at a religious cult. No different than any other. This nutbag site is bastardizing Hoover's statements which in and of themselves aren't breaking news anyhow. For anyone wanting a better understanding of what Hoover said, check this out:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

For more on Merkaba and their scammy make-believe religion:

forum.rickross.com...,84351,92037

Name stolen from:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Are you referring to Drunvalo? You never actually identify who you are talking about in your post. Based on years of study in sacred geometry from a variety of sources and having used a variety of Merkaba meditations from sources other than Drunvalo (none of them being Richard Hoover), I can tell you that it is very real. As far as the other poster, the methods I have used for activating my Merkaba (counter rotating fields of light) are from meditations, not from something that could even qualify as a cult. And per the wiki reference, it wasn't stolen from that-they are both talking about the same thing. When Ezekiel talks of "wheels within wheels", that is precisely what he is talking about-counter rotating fields of light. To the strict materialist that doesn't believe in anything they can't touch with their physical hands, this might seem off, but to people that understand that the spiritual and energetic world is just as real as the physical...

edit on 30-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Friend:

You may want to start here with this gentleman, he has been at the forfront for a very long time:

www.drunvalo.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

New Age Science

I expect the New Age terms and concepts that you see in the OP's link to be typical of ideas that will continue to proliferate in society. But if you think these guys are totally full of it, then I suggest you think again.

This is THE dominant spiritual approach right now on this planet. From what I know at this point, only Scientology is getting better spiritual results than those using meditation, the chakras, and sacred geometry. These practices are achieving stable, fully awake out of body experiences. And that is a very potent experience! Though I think it's a little dumb to concentrate on "popping out," it will have enough effect on enough people to make a difference.

Both the New Age and Scientology are accused of being heavily infiltrated. But both movements are based on written technologies that can be studied and practiced independent of any particular group affiliation. So many will come to experience "separation" without being aligned to any particular group. And that leads to further realizations.

Many groups trying to get more visibility for their message will argue that science has made discoveries that support their theories. (Scientology probably does this the least.) I don't think that's a good strategy. With science you can learn how to make a toaster. With spiritual technologies you can learn how to toast a piece of bread without a toaster. The approaches are just too different. I don't expect them to ever really reconcile. And to the extent that spiritual groups get too involved in science, they miss their major benefit to us, which is to free us from mechanistic solutions to our problems.

So, yes: The OP's link points to a really dumb site. But no: That doesn't make spiritual technologies really dumb. They are where the action's at.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by mr10k

When Ezekiel talks of "wheels within wheels", that is precisely what he is talking about-counter rotating fields of light.

Exactly how do you presume to know this? That is not what the Bible says. You are taking elements from both Christian and Jewish faiths and linking them. If you believe in Jewish practices, you must believe in the Jewish faith. If you are Jewish, you're condemning yourself to hell for bearing false witness and worshiping idols. Do you see the logical fallacy of the argument you present? You can't just take bits and pieces that you feel are valid and make up your own religion. That's not how it works. Religions operate in an atmosphere of exclusivity regardless of how much you paid some charlatan to tell you otherwise.

As for your other claims, can you please cite some reputable sources? That sounds pretty fantastic and I apologize for not being able to take you on your word.

ETA: CORRECTION: I'd actually like to have l_e_cox cite their sources.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: correction

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Exactly how do you presume to know this?

Meditation, study of many esoteric texts and elements of sacred geometry for close to the past 2 decades, and experience. I am not Jewish, but considering that Jesus was a Jew. As for the other part of your statement, elements from Christianity and Judaism, along with Egyptian spirituality have been linked for a long time.

Religions operate in an atmosphere of exclusivity regardless of how much you paid some charlatan to tell you otherwise.

And here is where you are wrong and make presumptions. First, I did not pay any charlatan to tell me otherwise. This comes from many years of study, most of which I didn't pay a penny for except with my time. Second, all religions are connected by, for lack of a better term, golden thread teachings. This forms the basis for spirituality, not religious belief. I would agree that, in a sense, religions have a degree of exclusivity, Chiristianity being a big example. However, they all teach deeper esoteric truths, the same esoteric truths,though they may be dressed in different garments. It is not taking a little bit from here and a little bit from there, it is understanding the underlying deeper truths in all of therm, and therein lies the difference between religion and spirituality, because they are not synonymous.

As for your other claims, can you please cite some reputable sources? That sounds pretty fantastic and I apologize for not being able to take you on your word.

What other claims? Study of Sacred Geometry? Meditation? PLease be more specific about what you mean by other claims as well as how you define "reputable source". For some, any thing that cannot be proved by current "science" does not qualify as reputable, but that also does not mean that they are charlatans. For me, the proof is in the pudding, and by pudding, I mean personal experiences and insights I have had as direct connections to higher truths, not just taking teachers at their words, but by having direct experiences myself, that, unfortunately, I cannot link to on the internet, it takes time, committement, and experience.

I understand that your perspective comes from your experiences so let me ask you, how much time have you spent studying esoteric spirituality? How much time have you spent in meditation? How are you so sure that your perspective is "right" and not just coming from a limited understanding based on what you have been fed and programmed with over your life? And I say that partially in challenge, but largely from the fact that my perspective is based largely on experience and study and not on what some teacher told me to believe.

edit on 30-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I meant for the other member to cite their sources. I mean toasting toast with your mind... that's a lofty statement to make. I hope we're not talking about the "perception" of toast because then we enter the world of make-believe entirely and that's just not going to do it for me.

As for your experiences, those are your alone. If something cannot be verified by others through testing with consistent results, to me that is not reliable information. I will accept no less.

Truth be told, I don't feel very strongly on this thread and don't care to debate it much. In my mind, it's a non-issue and irrelevant to my interests. I think we're both brick walls on the matter and it's not likely either of us will gain anything by debate. Just trying to inject some oppositional thought into the matter I suppose...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I mean toasting toast with your mind... that's a lofty statement to make. I hope we're not talking about the "perception" of toast because then we enter the world of make-believe entirely and that's just not going to do it for me.

The Qi Gong teacher I referenced in another thread stated that he looked into going into allopathic medicine at one time and basically was shunned out of pursuing the profession because he said that he could influence x-rays with his mind. Did I ever see him do it? Nope. Do I believe it is possible? Yep. This is a guy (now in his mid to late 40's) that moved to China from London when he was 16 to study with Chinese masters and has demonstrated his skill in many other areas. As for toasting toast I can't say, but I can say that there is a lot more possible than people consider as being possible.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

For me, the abiding insight into Drunvalo's spirituality comes from his own mouth, so to speak...

While in Vancouver, my wife and I decided we wanted to know about meditation, so we started studying with a Hindu teacher who lived in the area. We were very serious in wanting to understand what meditation was about. We had made white silk robes with hoods and were very serious about this new endeavor we had begun.
In his own words...

Shallow huh? Apparently enlightenment is a costume party.

One other account of his also colours my perspective of him as a lucky BSer. Not just elevating himself to being super-special, he describes his travels around *another* galaxy in alien spaceships, pausing to be a whale and then popping back to Earth to resume being better than everyone else...

After going through the belt of Orion, Drunvalo headed for the Pleiades. His goal was a particular fourth-dimensional planet with a green atmosphere. He had no form on this planet but he was totally conscious; or; put differently, his form was just a ball of light. He gestated in a baby's body and kept it for about fifteen Earth years.

The Belt of Orion isn't a location or gateway, it's three stars (an asterism) between 800 and 1300 light years away. The Pleiades are much nearer, at 400ly, and astronomically, a good few city blocks away from any of the Belt Stars.

On this marine planet Drunvalo had no body-he was just consciousness. Here he existed by attaching himself to a very large being, a female orca whale. He swam with this whale for about one year, and while he swam with her she told him the history of the Earth. She had the total memory pattern of the planet Earth inside her.

This joyous interlude ended when three humanoid fourteen-to-sixteen-foot-tall Pleiadians came to him and said it was time to go. They took Drunvalo to the land mass of the planet he was on and gave him an already-made adult male Sirian body. ("People most places in the Galaxy don't waste bodies the way we do," Drunvalo has remarked.) Its cells contained the memory patterns of how to run the Sirian ship he was then given.

Drunvalo and crew reached the orbital field of Venus, the world containing the Hathor race, the most advanced beings in this solar system.

He finally found the ascended masters hanging out on the tenth, eleventh and twelfth overtones of the sixth dimension. He joined them and learned from them for a period of time from 1819 to 1850.

Drunvalo doesn't tell these stories about himself to prove he is anyone special.
Link

Is it more amazing that a functioning adult is making up this garbage...or that some people eat it up?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Who told you that Merkaba was a religion? Its a word that dates back to ancient times used by the Indians all the way to the Jews.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

But thats the very man I am putting into question. After reading his stuff I came up with the conclusion that he has no sources whatsoever. He takes random facts and historical marvels and comes up with his own theories as to why they exist. I sat through the whole meditation, chakra, and flower of life stuff. But when he started talking about an enormous thin ship buried under the sphinx that somehow "wished" away the Greys from planet Earth, that was it. He mixes fiction and fiction to make "facts" and mixes fiction and fact to come up with his "stories"

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by coyotepoet

As for your experiences, those are your alone. If something cannot be verified by others through testing with consistent results, to me that is not reliable information. I will accept no less.

Truth be told, I don't feel very strongly on this thread and don't care to debate it much. In my mind, it's a non-issue and irrelevant to my interests

Hi SpringHeeledJack - and since I noticed you are a brand new ATS member, welcome! I am a relative newbie myself.

Truth be told, I have noticed quite a few of your thread responses in various forums and threads, and have noticed that you seem to be running into and commenting on more of what you don't believe and aren't interested in. I highly recommend you carefully consider the forum before wasting your time on threads that are "irrelevant" to your interests." In this case, for example, the forum is Philosophy/Metaphysics, which is an appropriate place for personal experiences. Of course, your opinion is welcomed - but I thought perhaps if you kept the forum subject matter in mind you might find more in other areas that you can engage with.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
...or just one of his "pawn" sites to make us belivee Richard Hoover can prove him right?

www.merkaba.org...

I dont know what to think about it after reading up his "Flower Of Life" book. The man seems to have no credible sources but seems to really believe what he is talking about, and actually mixes fact with opinion. Still, Richard Hoover was later distanced from NASA so even he was trying to use Hoover as a source, could Hoover's papers even be considered a "source"?

Such things happen when biology meets geology without understanding. The rock is igneous (lava)-- thus does not contain fossils. That theory of the Antarctic meteor died of natural causes and was buried about month after the initial exciting claim. That it has been dug up, does not give life the rotting corpse of it.

The neat part (going on memory) is that the meteor began its life on Mars-- ejected by a volcano.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Religions talks about the same things, concepts, virtues and much more but only explained in different words with different beliefs. It is our perception of it that sometimes makes it misunderstood. I am not saying religion has it 100% right (considering the big changes and lies between the old and new testament) but if you know to read between the lines, you will understand exactly what I say when relating to similarities in religions.

Thruthseek3r

top topics

join