It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About The U.S. debt-ceiling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well on CNN Quick Vote they asked which party deserves more blame for the U.S. debt-ceiling standoff? and 58%
1529 idiots who watch CNN voted and said Republicans deserves more blame for the U.S. debt-ceiling standoff, personally i believe there is no difference between the Republicans and the Democrats since both of them are been controlled by the elites.

I heard on the news that the Senate Dems blocked Boehner debt plan after the house voted in favor of the Boehner debt plan? what kind of sick and twisted mind game is CNN and the rest of the mainstream networks playing here? both sides are looking for america to get default, after all thats what the elites, remember a news story on here that 20,000 american forces have been deployed inside america.

Following what may happen if america does default? remember what Ron Paul said earlier this week? he said that the default is coming and how does he know that default will happen i guess he knows that because he works in the congress.

What CNN is doing to the viewers is manipulation, by claiming that Republicans are to blame for all of the crisis, oh yea? what about the Democrats i guess CNN forget how high the debt was under bill Clinton, thanks to the wars he was sending america in.

I guess history never changes, when the elites control it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
WHOA! I just had an Epitome! I just wonder if the reason why they are locked in stalemate is because we have to default to make a new currency..... Does anybody remember the discussions about the AMERO?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i'm not seeing how this is CNNs fault. Unless you are implying that they are giving erroneous poll results.
My belief is that it is both parties' fault due to their inability to compromise. When the president says that he would veto any republican bill that came on his desk...without even seeing what was in it first...is being ignorant and self-centered.

same thing with the Senate voting down Boehner's plan, after the House approved it, just because it was a republican plan. now the republicans are threatening a filibuster of Reid's proposal, just because he's a democrat.
this it petty politics and totally irresponsible with how much is at stake. you can blame "the elite" or whatever secret organization you want to believe runs the world, but i think it's just a bunch of d-bags with frat boy mentalities that want to see who's d**k is bigger.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Tsk Tsk, Shame on you.... Questioning propaganda again.

You should know better than that.

What a Mess they have made. Piggies in the sandbox.

S&F

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

this it petty politics and totally irresponsible with how much is at stake. you can blame "the elite" or whatever secret organization you want to believe runs the world, but i think it's just a bunch of d-bags with frat boy mentalities that want to see who's d**k is bigger.

Well its sad reality but, the elites both control all of the parties

As for CNN, how come this isnt CNN fault aren't they a cheer leader for the liberals, the elites, the CFR?

edit on 30-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

You know...that's a pretty good theory, IMO. but seeing as how the US$ is the world reserve currency if we defaulted the dollar would become worthless and i don't think that whatever new currency we went with would automatically become the new reserve currency. wouldn't this then send most world economic markets into a tailspin?

so to bankrupt the US$ just to implement a new US currency at the expense of world wide depression/recession doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We've defaulted in the past and survived. Other countries have also defaulted and survived.
This whole issue is nothing more than a fight to continue expanding our debt.

Defaulting wouldactually be better for our country than expanding the debt ceiling. But the scare tactics being used are very effective.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

they can cheer for whoever they want, although they are supposed to be non-biased as a new reporting agency. but if they are conducting a poll of the opinions of US citizens and are reporting the results then it can't be their fault. now if they are just fabricating numbers to "prove" the US citizens are blaming Repubs and they are not actually conducting the poll or are manipulating the info in a way to skew the results to what they want, the it is completely their fault.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
seems to me the house passed something today and the democrats led by reid shot down without even reading

its obvious who to blame here but they will never do it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
seems to me the house passed something today and the democrats led by reid shot down without even reading

They have to pass it before they can read it.

Pelosi-politics

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why don't they CUT OFF all the 700 or so bases around the world and stop giving money to other countries, this adds up to be in the 100 billion range or more A YEAR. Why don't they cut that? What happened to the 2.3 TRILLION lost on 9/11? Why don't they investigate that and put it back where it belongs? Why don't they talk about that? Stop all these stupid projects we have, that should save us a 100 million or so a year. How come nobody talks about that? STOP these BLACK OP projects, that should save us ABOUT 200 billion a year. All the weapons we SELL to other countries, how come we see none of that money helping the budget? Why don't they talk about that? WHY do we give all these food and stuff away when we obviously need the money to pay off debt, but yet we continue to give. Why don't they talk about cutting that off? THIS MADNESS IS EQUIVELENT TO me getting a credit card and giving it to your neighbor/tax man to take control of and maxing it out to a point where the interest on the card payments are larger than what i make at my job. DO YOU THINK WE, should raise the debt ceiling? NO. STOP THE MAD SPENDING, YOU GREEDY PEOPLE. You and all the cronies in time past, created the whole mess in the beginning,by all this MAD SPENDING. I don't owe you in TAXES, YOU OWE ME. Now pay up. DO YOU , agree a.t.s members? Just think of this, they are taking the very food/living out of your child's mouth. DO YOU LIKE THAT? YOU, like that, don't you?

edit on 30-7-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think all of us are to blame. Our representatives are trying to make everyone happy. But that ideal is next to IMPOSSIBLE! Much like a marriage (of all sorts), someone/group/entity has to back down and take the load of crud -- media, dems, reps, etc. For what it is worth, more debt and more taxation are no good, along with the potential to default and towards bankruptcy. *If* y'all can eliminate both borrowings and taxation, then maybe the country can start over anew.
edit on 2011-7-30 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

do you mean this pelosi?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
We've defaulted in the past and survived. Other countries have also defaulted and survived.
This whole issue is nothing more than a fight to continue expanding our debt.

Defaulting wouldactually be better for our country than expanding the debt ceiling. But the scare tactics being used are very effective.

When was the last time we defaulted?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So people feel differently from you so they must be idiots? Seems like you have swallowed the AM radio and FOX news propaganda full circle. You just went from Obama to Clinton all while pretending Bush did not exist. Yeah, you live in reality.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Have you paid any attention to this at all? Reid said all along that any bill that had a balanced budget ammendment would be dead in the water. Boehner took his bill back to the TEA party and added a balanced budget ammendment. Obviously Reid was still going to reject that just like he promised he would. Where have you been? I honestly thought you kept up on all this from all the ranting and angry posting you do. Seems you are not really paying attention at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

Link

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

what is just so god aweful about a balanced budget?

that means they have to spend within their limits?

thats common sense stuff.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Oh my god.

A requirement that Washington be responsible for their actions and balance what they spend vs what they take from us.

The horror, the horror. . . . . .

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

never...a default would be an unprecedented event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join