It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rennes-Le-Chateau and a new found cave full of treasure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by swordwords

Well, you answered one question for me and that is how and why the priest would benefit from this find if he had truly found something. Why would the church pay to keep this a secret?.But according to your statement it seems as if he could only have increased his wealth through the church somehow. This story does sound strange but I am hoping that much more will be revealed soon. Does this sound like extortion or blackmail?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Henry Lincoln is far more interesting in regards to the Rennes-Le-Chateau story than anyone else who was involved in capturing the worlds attention over the past few decades. Personally, I've bought all his books and anything even remotely related.

Baigent, Leigh and Brown are, imho, but mere dabblers who made some profits from the book sales, but now languish in the background.

Lincoln, however, joined the Templars and has gone relatively quiet since the publication of the book The Templar's Secret Island, co-authored by Erling Haagensen. His credibility on the much wider issue of ancient geography as it pertains to the Templars is, to put it as simply as possible, immensely intriguing.

That further discoveries, such as the cave mentioned in the OP, have come to light is to be expected.

Thanks for bringing this set of Youtube videos to my attention. I haven't seen them before.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here we go... It is up at The Telegraph (Hmmmmm)

Police have been called in to patrol the area near the village of Sougraigne, population 82, in the Aude region over fears the startling claims will lead to a sudden, massive influx of unwanted treasure hunters.

The cave's whereabouts on a rocky, wooded hillside were a long kept secret by the three would-be "raiders" and only made public last week because of an acrimonious dispute between the men.

Sougraigne is very close to Rennes-Le-Chateau, whose charismatic and mysteriously wealthy priest, Béranger Saunière, partly inspired Dan Brown's bestselling novel.

One of the book's characters, the Louvre curator, borrows the Saunière surname. Legend has it that untold treasures are hidden in the vicinity of Rennes-Le-Chateau. These include the gold of the Visigoths, said to include the original menorah, the seven-branched gold candelabrum used by Moses in the wilderness and later in the Temple in Jerusalem, built by King Solomon.

They kept their excavations, using hi-tech equipment from the US, secret for the past three years.

However, their search was suddenly brought to public attention following the publication of a book on July 12 by two of the trio, called "The Gold of Rennes", which offers clues.

Furious that he had not been party to their oeuvre, Michel Vallet took revenge by posting a photo on the internet last Sunday of the cave entrance where the three believe the treasure lies.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I had high hopes for this, but I think Kandinsky called it. Looks like BS to me. And I agree with the poster above; smells like tourism to me, as well.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Mm Hm

edit on 30-7-2011 by Frater210 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have never even heard of any of this, and I am sure many from the states haven't either. I am slightly confused as to what is going on, although I have read a couple of pages that were posted earlier in the thread, but none really gave a complete picture...

Since I have a general idea I will attempt to draw a conclusion based simply on what little I understand of the situation. I believe, preliminarily mind you, that any treasure that may have been in this cave is now gone. The drama that is being portrayed by the persons involved in this matter seems strange as well, and this leads me to believe this is some type of hoax. I understand that is a very broad jump to make, but that is my gut instinct.

I hope I am incorrect. The fact that the location was revealed also makes me think that no one is worried about any outsiders uncovering anything first, which is part of the reason that I believe anything that was there may have been removed recently, was never there to begin with, or was removed centuries ago.

Again my assumptions are simply that, assumptions, based on my initial gut feeling as opposed to hard evidence, and with the little understanding I have of the case I am sure that I am incorrect in my conclusion...perhaps.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sougraine sits along a line between Le Beau and Auriac, which is identified on Page 200 of Lincoln's book 'Key to the Sacred Pattern'.

My thoughts are this:

Either the three treasure hunters are using the Lincoln book to play a hoax for book sales

or

They've used Lincoln's work to search out another key location according to the Templar's geo-mapping and actually found something.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sadly everything here has prolly been looted a long time ago. I would be surprised if anything is left.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sadly everything here has prolly been looted a long time ago. I would be surprised if anything is left.

Yeah, by Sauniere Himself. That is the part I don't get. Why would he put it back in the cave?

Not to mention the fact that it is obvious that Sauniere did not stumble on this by accident. He grew up essentially right around the corner from the place.

Ed. Oh by the way. Probably the only thing that keeps that tiny region of France solvent is the 100,000 or so visitors that come each year for the 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' tourism.

I think we all need to get our fish ready for the 'fish-slapping-dance' once we become positive that these three idiots are stringing us along.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Uh Oh

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't know if this is our Three Frères or not. They have a site up here....

benhammott.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by Frater210 because: freres

Sorry, folks, that was not them. But I will leave the link up.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Frater210 because: OOPs

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The French TV news refer to the prosperous tourist industry this Reine Le Chateaux has regenerated.
They talk about it in the beginning and also give a number of visitor a year, 150000 pax.
This discovery seems to me as an attempt to revive the tourist industry more then a genuine found as if it was it will never have made the news.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
- Knights Templar
- Holy Grail
- Time portal
/Welcome to ATS, where a mere discovery of a pile of gold turns into something paranormal.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

well now that i think on this american equipment we have a clue
FORT KNOX is empty and all those guys on street corners are in kahoots

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Heres more info on this subject, Ben might be one of the "treasure hunters".
And its old news , its been going on for quite some years by now.
And the many tourists visiting, of course help the economy in this small town.

www.benhammott.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

No alien bodies but the treasure could really be The Real Thing andthats pretty darn cool....artifacts to decipher...stuff to photograph

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Im not an english native speaker bare with me , i will try to translate what they said .

Presenter
it a dispute between 3 french indiana johns , that becoming a fight , they are claiming each other the discovery of a cave containing a mythical treasure at reinne le chateau near carcassone . The location was kept secret for easy to understand reasons .
One of those treasure hunter released the location of this cave on internet.
The wife
This whole mountain
journalist girl off voice.
The famous treasure cave would be at the top , in fact nobody know really where starting by the owner of the land.
Dieudonné rousset had been taught on sunday that , the cave entrance was on his land.
Teh husband aka dieudonné rousset .
A groups of cops came , 4 police trucks and they approximately found the location where it should be.
the journalist girl off voice
Do you believe it you ?
The husband
No
girl Journalist off voice
however his spouse pakita believe it.
The wife
For sure there is hidden treasure , You know before they didnt had bank , so they were hidding their treasure .
girl journal off voice
Further in the town of reinne les bains this librarian know all the legend and treasure myth , the discovery doesnt surprise him at all.
The librarian
reinne le chateau allow me to stay young , at reinne le chateau you have indinian john , bob morane you have treasures hunts , it a dream ground.
girl journalist off voice.
indeed over time reinne le chateau became the mondial capital of mystery more then 150 000 visitor per year , so treasure of catar or templar . all hypothesis concerning this discovery are possibles .
Frank dafausse (not sure of the spelling) one of the searcher to have found the cave is formal , the treasure is here .
Frank dafausse speaking.
We have the insurance to be right on the paper at 99,99 percent but never gone further for the other part we let the gov in charge to confirm or invalidate what could be behind...
Girl journalist off voice.
meanwhile here , everybody is speaking about the treasure , nobody will get it..

The placard say .
excavations are forbidden at reinne le chateau , arrest of law number blabla.

im wondering why they let the gov take care of something that were doing during 3 year could it be because of :

the dispute spoiled the location , and since the excavations are forbidden at reinne le chateau they had to let it go.

was it because their lack of fund. ( since they published a book that was the cause of the dispute , i guess they needed some cash somehow).

was it because they found something they couldnt handle.

If the gov keep dinging it might be a proof or a certain interest...

edit on 30-7-2011 by cyberether because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

This is a documentary that pretty much sums it up, if I remember correctly. I am at work now and can't hear the audio (I work in a bar) but if it is the one, it goes into the history of the mystery, I guess.

I hope I helped fill in a few blanks, but also to add my two cents, I am excited to see what becomes of this.

Renne les Chateau Full Documentary

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
For those who would like to explore the area, here are the Google Earth coords:

Rennes-le-Château (The castle where Berenger Sauniere lived and the origin of the mystery): 42°55'36.79"N, 2°15'50.62"E

Pech d'en Couty (The general area of the cave where the "Treasure of the Visigoths" resides): 42°53'46.49"N, 2°22'57.09"E

edit on 7/30/2011 by Shadoefax because: syntax/grmmer

Be back in a couple of weeks.

If you don't hear from me, then you know the guards got me.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
wow...

Been following this all day...did they find the source of the Priest's treasure?....did they find the "real" Holy Grail?....hey...maybe this and maybe that...but the treasure isn't there anymore and this is all for bringing in tourists to a quaint area of the South of France...(couldn't blame 'em...everybody has to make money...with this economy and such).

I'm all for the many hidden treasures just waiting to be found...and it would be great if some of them could be found and shared with those of us that find them of interest...but people, we are dealing with the Catholic Church here...doesn't anybody hear Circus music in the back round?

Not saying that the Catholic Church is not in the know about such things...if anything...they do KNOW about a lot of things that we, the world of humans question...and their answers to us are what you see. They create a game of smoke and mirrors in an attempt to dumfound and confuse us "stupid" humans...why? To protect us, so they will tell us, to passify us...to continue their control over the populous as they have since they were Rome.

When and if it can be proven...then I will accept it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The myths of treasure there go back way before the anglophones books on the Holy Blood hypothesis, actually.

It has long been a place the french have flocked to looking for it, but lacking the added concepts of a Jesus bloodline. It was thought that he must have found treasure of the Wisigoths, or perhaps of the Templars, who were the first bankers in Europe. Comments by the housekeeper to others indicated that there was much more, it was not all taken or spent, so that has kept the french combing the area for a couple of generations.

Once the mystical parts of the story were added by the english, then more foriegners began to show up, and tours of the Sacred Bloodline/Magdelene sites started popping up. Though the idea that Mary Magdalene came to France and lived out the rest of her days there is a deeply rooted belief just taken for granted by the majority of the french population (without the added child in tow).

The New Age brought in the added alien base at Bugarach, and then the place was REALLY swamped, to a point that the locals have gotten very irritated. It is a huge problem! The locals are NOT wanting more tourism at this point. They have been demanding that the gendarmerie come get these people OUT. There are people camping everywhere, right on private property, and making a mess of everything.

I describe this aspect because I think it plays into considering who and why such a hoax might be created. I do not think the locals really want more publicity or tourism. For months they've been on the news channels as angry about the stories that have ruined their village, and asserting that the government should help them oust the visitors.

So this thing doesn't help them.

However, I am willing to bet that these three guys very much believed in this treasure as existing! I have known one of those obsessed treasure hunters, and he broke into private property, cut or climbed fences, even broke a hole into a wall of a building in his fervor.

It is possible that these guys didn't actually find the treasure they seek, but have continued exploring this cave with the firm belief that there IS one somewhere back there, and their fight and subsequent exposure of the site which brought this in the public eye probably made the locals go out of their minds and finally get the police protection they've been begging for for a long time.

There may be nothing in there (believe me, here in the south of France, the caverns and natural tunnels can go on for miles and miles! they are pretty prevalent), but these guys truly believe there is a treasure, and the locals are sick to death of the whole story and the tourism it attracts.

I know that for us Americans, it is hard to imagine anyone being irritated by the fantastic opportunity to make a buck......but you'd have to be familiar with the french values, in which having a peaceful and comfortable private life is valued much higher than having money or being successful in the world of career. They never want to sacrifice their home life for money, so the "opportunity" isn't seen as much as one to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Originally posted by JRCrowley

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, buddy?

I happen to think the whole Rennes-Le-Chateau mystery is one of the most interesting out there.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention, since I am also very interested in that whole area and the very deep and mysterious history behind it.

For those who aren't yet familiar with Henry Lincoln's work, this video is a good starting point.

Ah yes the well know Priory of Zion hoax.

Try again buddy

www.jesusemptytomb.com...

Well, anything can be called a hoax. But the fact that they may have found a cave is entirely plausible.

It's probably not 1,000 mysteries solved all at once, no. But it's interesting. You just came across as bitter and overly debunkeresque. And grouchy.
lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Patrice Chaplin has proved in her books "Secrets of Girona" and "The Portal"

Bingo, this is in my opinion the correct path to the entire mystery, however the two books that must be read are "City of Secrets" and "The Portal" by Patrice Chaplin. There are also some Youtube videos available on Patrice Chaplin that explain a little more on this subject. She does this not for monetary gain as she is some what wealthy in her own right as an accomplished playwright, she does this because her long time friend Jose Torres (a custodian of the secret) believes the time has come for all to know, once you read the books you might just learn this is the reason behind many secret societies.

With regards to publicity to promote tourism, these local people are really fed up with tourism and every bumbling Tom Dick and Harry seeking treasure, it has upset their lives.

Do your own research, reading the books is a good start.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join