It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rennes-Le-Chateau and a new found cave full of treasure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum for this post, if it is not, mods please move it to where it is appropriate! It is concernign archeology, so this is the best I thought of.

It is being announced on mainstream media in France that a cave has been found with a huge treasure near Rennes-le Chateau and Carcassonne.

www.wat.tv...

Rennes-le-Chateau is a well known mystery spot, connected with events at the end of the 19th century, when the parish priest in a small village suddenly became extremely wealthy, after having uncovered some hidden ancient parchments while undertaken some renovations to his church. He wouldn't reveal the source, but went on to do a total renovation of the site which was expensive and strange, riddled with mysterious symbols and what seem to be hints to some sort of big secret.

No one ever discovered for sure where his wealth came from, and he and his housekeeper both took the secret to their graves.

The story points to various myths, such as the hypothesis proposed in "Holy Blood Holy Grail" as many of the renovations include strange anomolies in the artwork concerning Mary Magdalen. Some of the "hints" point to treasure that once belonged to the Merovingians, or the Knights Templar. The whole thing, if one researches it, is rather complex and interesting. I have been there and found it intriguing. I heard from a local in the village stories about mysterious murders of people who it seemed found out the secret and were killed before they could reveal it.

To add to the atmosphere, it is next to the mountain which has become famed in recent news, the Mount Bugarach, also present in the painting by Poussin which is indicated in the list of hints left to the mystery. The myths are that extraterrestrials lie beneath the mountain, and recently it is believed they will make a spectacular "coming out" in their ship.... and I guess save humans from a coming catastrophy or something. the mountain is interesting because it is actually an ancient volcano who blew off it's top in an eruption, it flipped over and came back down upside down! With the mountain there is a lot of underground rivers and (it is said) a lake. Water that runs out it's base is slightly radioactive.

This is where tons of people are flocking at this time, expecting this ET event and pissing off the local villagers.

But this cave of treasures, which three men claim to have found is at that area. They called the authorities and the area is being swarmed by Gendarmes, and the exact location being kept secret and guarded until the officials figure out how to handle this. That is the story anyway, as it broke on the news last night.

I'm interested to hear what exactly was found and what it's background is! Will update this as more is released on the story!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
cool find!

looking forward to more.

but i don't think it's the templars. only my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

OK, man, Star and Flag for the OP. But I am not finding this anywhere on the web but here and your video is in French.

I am sorry but I don't speak French.

I am always hopeful for new and juicy stuff regarding the whole Languedoc thing so I have my fingers crossed. Thanks. I think.

Are you saying it was Mt. Bugarach? Or the mountain of Cardou?

edit on 29-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Which MT.?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
IT would be great if i could understand what was being said lol....
Like most Americans such as I, we aren't bilingual. I almost thought they said they found the T.V remote and osama bin laden's body I could be wrong lmao.. GreAt find OP F&S!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Thanks for sharing this so quickly with all of us!

Lets hope the "Treasure" will be kept and studied in public view.

This may prove to be and important and historically altering find.

S&F to you

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Whooops
edit on 30-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Sorry

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

My theory is that the parchments discovered by the parish priest were actually the key to the so-called Da Vinci Code. This code is actually far older than Christianity and is linked to the “puzzles” exchanged between King Solomon and King Hiram. The code is allegoric in nature with each real world idea having multiple metaphors assigned to it. Those that employ this code, openly define the metaphors, but only in relation to other metaphors and symbols. So, the uninitiated are satisfied with the idea that a “white dove” represents “peace”, and make no effort to determine what “peace” really means. The real meaning of metaphors and symbols is supposed to be only transmitted orally and I believe it was these orally transmitted elements that were included in the parchments found at Rennes-le Chateau. (A “treasure” in the form of a “thesaurus”.) Since the Bible itself is written in this code, those in the Church that were privy to this fact, would have been willing to pay significant sums to keep this secret. (This code is actually the great secret that the authors of “Holy Blood, Holy Grail” were pursuing. A classic case of not seeing the forest for the trees.)

If I am correct, then there was no real “treasure” associated with Rennes-le Chateau, and therefore I suspect that the current story is either a hoax or a small find, unrelated to the legend, that has been exaggerated by wishful thinking.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by Bluesma

OK, man, Star and Flag for the OP. But I am not finding this anywhere on the web but here and your video is in French.

I am sorry but I don't speak French.

I am always hopeful for new and juicy stuff regarding the whole Languedoc thing so I have my fingers crossed. Thanks. I think.

Are you saying it was Mt. Bugarach? Or the mountain of Cardou?

edit on 29-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Which MT.?

I know, I apologize. I couldn't fidn anything in english yet! I will keep looking. As you can see, this is breaking news that just went on the evening news last night (it is now just early morning after) and the whole thing is being touted on the french news this morning but reporters are not being let in as of yet, the site is being heavily guarded so far, so I guess no one has been able to get more until they decide to do an official press announcement.

I will follow up on this and put up english links as soon as they appear (if they do, that is).

From what I understand it is near the mt. Bugarach (between there and Rennes le Chateau), that is how it was presented on the news..... but I may be mistaken!
edit on 30-7-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by swordwords

it's the dam jesuits!

they are the alphabet agency of the church.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Full article at the Telegraph

Found this...

A tiny village in southwest France has been gripped by an Indiana Jones-like saga after three researchers said they had discovered a cave that they believe contains King Solomon's gold, and possibly the holy grail.

edit on 30-7-2011 by quango because: second link

edit on 30-7-2011 by quango because: removed copied article, leaving only Original

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Seems like there is a fight among the three and one leaked info on the net. Use google translate for article.

But then, researchers grapple about the discovery of the hole. Didier de Thury and Franck Héricart Daffos have released, July 12, a book * which gives some hints on the Visigoth treasure, but the third thief, Michel Vallet, who, furious, last Sunday, was unveiled on the Net the location of the famous rock cavity.

www.leparisien.fr...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Translated post by Vallet

The above appears to be a post by Vallet on renneslechateau.com forums where he discloses location. I found this through his profile there which appears on Google search results for: Michel Vallet "Rennes"

This is Google translation of original French post.

This is interesting...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thanks for finding those in english!
I was starting to regret having posted this, as I might not be good enough at hunting down the proper links.... glad if it attracted those who can though!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
s and f for the find (want to get this one bookmarked!)

I used to be obsessed with the mistery of this place and been planning a trip there for years, only an 8 hour drive for me, but somehow never got to it.
According to some popular theories and speculation, Saunière had found the lost treasure of the knights templar and got his sudden ritches from that..... So I for one am very curious to see what 'treasure' they found.

Personally I don't think anything ET realted is to be found in that spot...
edit on 30/7/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Best Version of the Whole Story I've Found

The Above link is Google translation to English from original Italian source. Has pictures, includes a bit about the discovery, and quotes from the post which exposed all of this to the public on the 24th.

Also found this:

PDF with alleged pictures of the cave.

This one is in French

edit on 30-7-2011 by quango because: added additonal link

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by quango

The images in the pdf suggest we wait and see what happens and suspend judgement.

The account describes a '3 year excavation' and the interior of the cave shows very little evidence of excavation or human traffic. The floor of the tunnel isn't well-trodden and (for argument's sake) if they used duck-boards...why remove them for the photos? The outside of the cave also doesn't look like anyone has been entering on a regular basis. What have they done for 3 years and have they used a metal-detector? If not, why not?

The jaded, cynical side of me pictures a scenario whereby a book is written and a cave located to create media interest. They might not make a lot of money, but more than if they hadn't tried their hands at this.

The more hopeful side of me would enjoy a discovery of even a modest stash of 'treasure' from the distant past.

Wait and see,

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by quango

Very interesting. PDF makes me bit suspicious. They descripe 30 dead slaves and a treasure room. However the neglet to show pictures of them. They had a camera and if it's true they took a ton of photos of that. I hold my reservations untill they actually show something noteworthy.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

S&F for you ... this place has always fascinated me because it's so full of mystery ... and still holds so may secrets ... I hope they tell us what's in there to shine a little light on this.

I've always felt there is so much we still have to learn in this tiny little corner of France.

Look forward to more on this (hopefully). Woody

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Of course the Jesuits will do everything possible to keep this from getting out. We are on the threshold of the truth for the base of catholicism and the veil shrouding their secrets. We are right on the edge of a true paradigm shift of spirituality which will shake catholicism to the foundations. The Templars found the truth, were excecuted for it, and now it is once again within our grasp. Every kind of mass catholic worship has been a lie, a facade. I hope everything found here will be intact and unmolested. History of this degree can possibly change the world profoundly. I mean, this could be from the era when the Templars found their true calling, or it could be from before that, what gave them their true calling. IMO this could be huge. Personally, for this to possibly be within my lifetime, make me ecstatic.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Patrice Chaplin has proved in her books "Secrets of Girona" and "The Portal" that the priest Sauniere became rich not because he discovered treasure but because he was paid huge sums of money by the House of Habsburg to renovate the church at Rennes-le-Chateau and build a a tower there similar to that in the so-called "Frenchwoman's garden" behind the cathedral in Girona. She has proved this with documentary evidence of bank accounts opened up by Sauniere. The great, amazing secret has now been made public with compelling documentary evidence and letters by Sauniere presented in her books that prove that the true centre of the mystery was Girona, not Rennes-le-Chateau, whose church was merely a kind of theme park in which he encrypted the secret that he had discovered, namely, a time-traveling portal on the summit of Mount Canigou activated by ancient Kabbalistic rituals discovered by an earlier priest at Rennes-le-Chateau, who took the time-traveling journey and encoded the secrets surrounding the guarded ritual for future generations.

Chaplin, Charlie Chaplin's first daughter-in-law, knew the Surrealist painter Salvador Dali when she young and claims that he became an initiate (as she did) in a Spanish private society and underwent the ritual and traveled back in time through the portal, an event which he depicted in his 1956 painting "The Railway Station at Perpignan":
www.reproduction-gallery.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join