It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Skies... What a let down.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I had some expectations for Falling Skies, not high, but above mediocre.

Boy was I let down, but I'm actually going to finish the season just because I've invested my time in it already. I can't stand a lot of things about the show. I actually hope they cancel it, if it continues down the path its going.
Or do some of you think otherwise?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

Come on man, it's really not that bad, they are just getting started. At least we didn't have to sit through ANOTHER alien invasion sequence, I don't know how many more motherships blowing up buildings I can take.

And be thankful this isn't a total franchise killer like Caprica was.... talk about expectations fail.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't watch TV, except when I'm walking through airports, or waiting in the front room to post bail for a relative.

I haven't seen the show, just the adds for it. Can you detail what the problems are with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

I like the show. I think it's been getting better as it progresses. Maybe you could explain why you don't like it. It's not a big deal though. Everyone can't like every TV show.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I've watched all the episodes so far, and I have to say....at this time i'm a little let down. It just seems like it's moving really slow, but I think i'm going to stay with it. After the first three episodes of LOST, the rest of the season was really slow, and I don't think anyone could understand what the hell was going on. I stuck with LOST and was fairly satisfied for 6 seasons, that is, until the finale!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Yfactor1980

I like falling skies, for the most part. But, the sheer amount of commercials and slow plot progression aren't keeping me interested anymore. I almost wish they'd just hurry up and put it on a dvd or get through the story telling at a little faster pace. This whole, fifteen minutes of lead in, five minutes of commercial, ten minutes of build up, five minutes of commercial, ten minutes of action, five minutes of commercial, and a cliff hanger aren't working for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Most hour long TV series like this one are expensive to create. And new shows aren't given very large budgets until they can prove that they can pull an audience in the first season.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by MrGrimm

Come on man, it's really not that bad...

It could be worse and I've seen cities taken over a million times too, but it just seems to be lagging something for me to be really appreciative of the show.

Next episodes teaser did grab my attention, I'm hoping I'll find what I'm looking for before the season ends.

Originally posted by zerotime
reply to post by MrGrimm

I like the show... Maybe you could explain why you don't like it.

It's been dragging in my opinion. It's lacking some kind of substance for me to be hooked.
I will admit though, Tom is not my favorite protagonist either. And the dialogue is kind of bland, to me that is.

Originally posted by Yfactor1980
... LOST, the rest of the season was really slow... I stuck with LOST and was fairly satisfied for 6 seasons...

I hope Falling Skies does improve like LOST did, but from all the shows I've seen on TV, they usually get worse over time. Have to be optimistic on this one I guess.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

Agreed, I've been VERY disappointed. The 2 hour premier was pretty good other than the insane number of commercials (towards the end I timed it and they were literally splitting between 5 minutes of show and 5 minutes of commercials, thank goodness for the DVR) but the followup shows have been a real letdown. The aliens aren't the least bit scary, the CG is mediocre, and the character development has been terrible. I don't particular care about any of the characters. And when they remove the "harness" from the kids and it leaves those nasty spike-things in them, well it's just gross. It's not cool like the Matrix "plugs", just looks nasty. On one episode I just about laughed out loud (and not in a good way) when they showed the slave kids throwing metal off a roof at the order of the aliens, really? REALLY? Aliens traveled halfway across the galaxy to enslave our children to collect scrap metal?? We would have given it to them for free! Take all the garbage you want, we'll make more!! I'll finish out the season, but if it doesn't change directions I won't bother next season (if there is one).

Now "The Walking Dead" on the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of that one and am looking forward to season 2. I'm a big fan of the Resident Evil games and movies, so that show is right up my alley anyway. But they've done a really nice job with it so far.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i feel like its dragging on a bit, but i also feel like its going to get pretty good in the last few episodes of the season. tom is a bad ass but noah wiley or whatever his name is, is a pretty decent actor all things considered. still waiting for the second season of walking dead so this is keeping me entertained well enough til then. just finished the 2 seasons of jericho and which they'd made a third but thats another story.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

Exactly, anyone remember how terribly bad the acting and special effects were during the first two season of FRINGE? After the show got more viewers, it became a much better show, with better visuals and better acting. Amazing how actors "try" more when they know they have something good. I think Noah Wyle was a good fit for his character, he was great on ER and I think so far on Falling Skies he's done great, he's a believable person.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I actually enjoy this slow. It does get unbearably slow at times, but I enjoy it overall.

I just wish they went more into the mythology of why they're really there, what exactly happened to the governments around the world's initial resistance of the invasion, ect.

I feel they are avoiding certain subjects.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadys321
I actually enjoy this slow. It does get unbearably slow at times, but I enjoy it overall.

I just wish they went more into the mythology of why they're really there, what exactly happened to the governments around the world's initial resistance of the invasion, ect.

I feel they are avoiding certain subjects.

lol subconscious at work

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I've been wanting to get into Walking Dead... I think will, a small amount of people I know and posters here seem to like it.

reply to post by TheNamesZeppelin

HOLD ON, WHOA WHOA Whoa whoa whoa. Jericho made it past season 1?
j/k
Yeah I just lost interest in that show, but it was nice while it lasted for the attention I gave it.

reply to post by Shadys321

Yeah, spot on, I think I need some of that cocktail.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well.....I think alot of people just want instant gratification when it comes to shows such as this. I believe V started fairly slow, also, but I really watch for it to continue the story each week. When I look forward to the next episode, I know it is doing what I like these kinds of shows to do - keep my interest.

That being said, I have been interested in Falling Skys and believe it will become better & better - if they do not cancel it first! With V, it looked like the best was coming when it was cancelled - just like The Event. Same with Jericho and there was still plenty of places those shows could have continued to go. I, in fact, LOVED Jericho!! Just as I do 'The Walking Dead'.......hopefully they will give it another season to 'beef up'.

Fringe is, also, one of my very favorite and I am hoping they are getting ready for another season - does anyone know??

I wish I had the money to outright buy the SyFy channel because it would be the perfect place to start showing some of these higher quality series! SyFy needs some great new series and stop with the reality shows and wrestling, for crying out loud!! SyFy IS the science fiction channel, is it not?!!???

edit on 7/30/2011 by Champagne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This show is HORRIBLE!

I couldnt sit through the first episode and I tried many times.

They cancelled V and The Event for this crap?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Tried it. Seeeeeeeeriously couldn't get into it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Yeah it is, and I love Fringe to by the way. I hope they continue the season, Walter is my fav.

I know what you mean by instant gratification, we Americans set the bar on it. But... when I have a kid, school and a work to focus on like most people, I don't want to have to spend months on waiting for something to truly entertain me. That's just me I guess, oh well, at least I have "Through the Worm Whole"

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ok, last nights episode was pretty damn good, and it looks like the finale should be good too. By far the best episode yet. Thank God the Skidders aren't the actual ones in control. I think this portrayal of an alien is what has turned off a lot of people. An actual "Gray" race is a welcomed change.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

I swear you could take all the episodes from the season, shuffle them up like a deck of cards, and then play them in random order and it wouldn't make a difference except for the beginning and end scenes of the entire season.

Each episode was the same stupid crap. Crap show!

For those who watched it...you telling me and old man with a antique radio frequency transmitter can scramble the frequency of an alien fleet? Beyond believable, it's just plain stupid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join