It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DHS) Emails leaked & Defense contractor ManTech Hacked by Anonymous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

(DHS) Emails leaked & Defense contractor ManTech Hacked by Anonymous

lunaticoutpost.com...

In a tweet posted by Anonymous claimed to have hack the defense contractor, ManTech International. Hackers promise to Release the Data within 24 Hours.
This is the latest hack in the group’s AntiSec Operation, and in particular its series of “F*ck FBI Friday” attacks. Previous attacks have targeted defense contractors and, in particular, companies who have worked with the FBI. These attacks have included attacks on the Atlanta chapter of InfraGard and the firms IRC Federal, Unveillance, and Booz Allen Hamilton, all of which provide cybersecurity services and solutions to the U.S. Govern
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thehackernews.com
edit on 29-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
According to Anonymous "We're legal, we're illegal. But most importantly we are legitimate. We fight for you, the citizen. We are not scared anymore".

Mantech apparently supplies information technology services to the US State, Justice, Defense and Homeland Security Departments, but the teaser documents published by Anonymous so far are contracts between the company and NATO.

In fact, Anonymous mentioned on Twitter that the files it plans to release came from NATO rather than Mantech. "We'll release about 500 megabyte of this # by today. A real fun #FFF. And yes, NATO, this was your leak," the group tweeted.

Last week Anonymous announced that it had managed to break into NATO's network and steal around one gigabyte of classified documents. The group said at the time that it wouldn't release the files because that would be irresponsible.

However, the recent law enforcement actions targeting its members might have influenced it to reconsider.

lunaticoutpost.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

UPDATE:

As Anonymous Said that, They got this File in Legal Way, We try to find out and Get that this PDF is available on the DHS site at www.dhs.gov... and www.dhs.gov...

Easy to find such File using Google Dork: site:dhs.gov/xlibrary filetype:pdf foia . Thats why this should be consider as any Leak. This may be Developers mistake that they DHS allow bots to index such information on search Engines.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
From ManTech's website.

ManTech International Corporation Public Statement On Publicity Regarding Cyber Attacks Against ManTech July 29, 2011

All organizations attract cyber threats in our highly networked world. Our practice is generally not to comment on reports involving security related matters. However, given current publicity, we wish to assure our customers, employees, shareholders and business partners that ManTech takes seriously recent reports of a cyber threat, and we responsibly and actively address all sources of information about threats to our information and assets and those of our customers.

www.mantech.com

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It would be nice if they dredged up something really juicy.....I wonder if they would ever get organized enough to start finding some cool stuff....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Holy crap, look at all the damage Anonymous has done already. They took down DHS, the FBI, Mantech, NATO! These guys are awesome!

Oh wait. They did not do any of that? They tweeted that they had some emails? Oh. Cool story.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The leak is already out, lol, its on the pirate bay

I won't link it for you, you have to find it yourself, but i assure you, its not all e-mails =P, looks like some juicy stuff in there.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yeah, the whole concept of threatening to release classified / confidential data to get the FBI to stop coming after you is kind of ....... stupid is the best word I can think of.

For such technically adept people they really need some help in the strategy department.

For starters, there is much better info out there to release. Gravitational Shielding, NASA pre-edited photos, the military shuttle replacement and what it's doing in orbit for 7+ months at a time....

How about all the materials seized from Tesla or the still classified UFO data?

I mean, if the object is to scare the PTB into backing off, you're going to need to do a lot better than Mantech. I've performed work for Mantech and believe me, there's nothing much of interest to see there....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

I won't link it for you, you have to find it yourself, but i assure you, its not all e-mails =P, looks like some juicy stuff in there.

Looks like? You did not download it and check?
How about just name the torrent? I would like to see this "juicy stuff" for myself.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They're not conspiracy theorists, if that evidence comes up, im sure it would be released

But lets be honest here, Do you think the gov't is stupid enough to leave THAT kind of information just there, on the internet? nah. Not gunna happen.

They have incriminating docs, you just gotta look through it.

They did expose the governments plan to use social media to influence the masses, wonder why that guy from the head of cyber security suddenly quit. Hm.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

Looks like? You did not download it and check?
How about just name the torrent? I would like to see this "juicy stuff" for myself.

Just type in f*ck fbi friday in the search bar,

It will show up there for you =P, its the new F!CK FBI FRIDAY
edit on 29/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

But lets be honest here, Do you think the gov't is stupid enough to leave THAT kind of information just there, on the internet?

It's not going to be in a public web folder chomd 777 but it IS accessible if the people going after it actually know what they're doing. There is always another way in, another solution, another door. These guys are supposed to be the "best" aren't they? So far I'm just not impressed.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

But lets be honest here, Do you think the gov't is stupid enough to leave THAT kind of information just there, on the internet?

It's not going to be in a public web folder chomd 777 but it IS accessible if the people going after it actually know what they're doing. There is always another way in, another solution, another door. These guys are supposed to be the "best" aren't they? So far I'm just not impressed.

But once again, they're not conspiracy theorists(though some of them probably are, and would be drooling over that), they're going after solid fact and truth instead of chasing something that may not exists at all.

No one is claiming that they are the best either, if the info about those topics becomes available, then i'm sure we'll be the first ones to know

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Rest assured..
you will never hear of "the best":...
"the best" are completely underground.
All over the entire internet, but you will never see or hear from them.
Not until the "final chapter" at least. lol

Anon, and Lulzsec, etc etc...
Do some of the' dirty work'.. sure, and props to them.
But "the best"... are Truly underground and unknown to or by anyone but themselves, and *sometimes* each other.

Think of anon./lulzsec as the swat team that kicks in your door and takes what they want... They don't care if you know they are there, and don't care that you'll care if they rummage through your stuff..
Think of "the best" , as- hmm.. well.. like "ninjas".. who you will never see or hear, until [*if you're lucky*] you're completely cleaned out and you're moments away from' the end' with no chance of 'recovery' or gathering info on them.

Open Hackers~ like a SWAT team ~ (you'll see'em, hear'em, and know they're coming)
"The Best" Hackers~ like Ninjas ~ (you'll never see them, hear them, or know they are coming [or are already 'there'] )

"just not impressed"..

Not impressed that SOMEONE is actually *kind of* standing up to these corrupt fools?
Really?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Ok, so setting aside well known conspiracies. What have they released that has had any real impact?

Here's my issue with Lulsec and Anon. They put on this front like they are targeting government secrecy and corruption and going after the hidden info that will expose the evil and crimes being perpetrated.

In reality, they aren't going after anything. They are merely scanning a very large target for very common vulnerabilities and doing some minor social engineering here and there. If they get lucky (and given the number of targets they have to try, I'm not sure "luck" is a factor) they release whatever they can get to.

They are not elite, uber hackers going after specific targets based on the data they hope to obtain. They're basically a bunch of script kiddies using tools other people built to grab whatever they can get, where ever it might be and release it.

These kids are not going to release anything special. They are not going to break any scandals or have any real impact. They are nothing more than kids who pick the low lying fruit by breaking into the least secured systems which will not contain anything of real value.

Risk / Reward is a very simple concept. These kids are going to do serious prison time and cause a lot of damage to their future career prospects. Since the penalty is going to be the same, why risk it for useless crap?
Oh, maybe because for all their grandiose BS, they are not really in it for the reasons they list but are in it for attention, thrills and bragging rights.

Like I said, not impressed at all so far.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

Holy crap, look at all the damage Anonymous has done already. They took down DHS, the FBI, Mantech, NATO! These guys are awesome!

Oh wait. They did not do any of that? They tweeted that they had some emails? Oh. Cool story.
Yeah? Well while they're fighting for what they believe in in a non-violent manner, you're just sitting here on the internet talking s***. You're a lot better than them, huh?

edit on 29-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
If nothing else, the fact that Anonymous can hack anything at all from these firms shows that the security is bogus - always only as strong as its weakest link. Think about this. Which in turn should also mean its not and never was worth the high price the taxpayers are paying for this. Seven plus figure contracts for software and a little hardware? That can't keep out Anonymous? I think its sort of laughable.

Emails are important. They are communiques, and can show intent. And they contain files. Do you know what these firms are hired for? The big boys aren't little league targets - they have political influence. End rant.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It sometimes seems that some folks aren't getting Anonymous (and some are). If you follow the below listed names on Twitter and connect to others connected to (followed by) these folks you can get a good idea of some of the operations going on. Before and after the fact...

The Lulz Boat@LulzSec

Anon News Network@AnonNewsNet

####@AntiSocialAnon

Anonymous Operations@Anon_Central

AnonymousEurope@AnonymousEurope

Anonymous@AnonMsLy

This is just a few in the list on twitter - Also,

If you join "the plans" website you can then keep updated with the good folks there and see what they are doing.www.whatis-theplan.org...

Of course Anon isn't a group per se, so you can be Anon all by yourself. Also, Anon isn't strictly an internet phenomena. It's been going on for ages...

Also, for those Christian folks, don't be afraid of the, "We are legion" item, It isn't the "Legion" from Mark 5:9. It is merely the threat posed to the people who think they can stop Anonymous.

Just some things to ponder

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Wow, what a worthless bunch of crap...pictures, purchase orders, resumes, rosters, inventories. *Yawn*. I could have found more "#antisec" on my mom's comp. Afraid you'll need to be more competent if you want to keep the FBI from imprisoning your brethren. Pictures of a help desk dude at his desk in Afghanistan..damn, the nation is really going to #. GIANT Fail - Total Hype. I hope these guys are relying on more than social media to make their point.

anyway:

thepiratebay.org...

or:

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
These hit and run tactics remind me of the Viet-Nam war. Oftentimes wounds are more effective than kills; the results may just take longer to play out. I just hate it for the young ones who will no doubt get caught, but all wars have their casualties. I think all the headlines have opened a lot of eyes not only to the politics of the digital age, but also to the vulnerability of our private lives. Perhaps more jobs will open up in the security end of this deal as a result. That would be a positive thing for all those in college taking computer courses who don't know where their future lies. If not, what are we gonna do when all these geeks turn to hacking for a living? We've created a monster with an insatiable appetite, and unfortunately Hercules died long ago...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join