It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Create Our Own Reality???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jesusatan

Since that member is currently offline, I would like to take a stab at answering your question, and at the risk of sounding trite, would point to an advertising slogan.

Nike created one of the most profound simple slogans I have ever seen:

"Just Do It!"

Much wisdom in that advise.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Hello Mr.Jean thank you ! but when we say...just do it ! that could be any thing from asking a girl out to jumping off a building with a parachute. SOMETHING makes decisions for us then we act or dont. So that IS that IS us.....where or what are those decisions based upon....most would say past experience but .....no I dont feel thats right. Why do we chose who and what we are????

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesusatan
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Hello Mr.Jean thank you ! but when we say...just do it ! that could be any thing from asking a girl out to jumping off a building with a parachute. SOMETHING makes decisions for us then we act or dont. So that IS that IS us.....where or what are those decisions based upon....most would say past experience but .....no I dont feel thats right. Why do we chose who and what we are????

It is a complex question, no? Why do we choose insanity? Some would argue that insanity is not a choice but is a disease caused by external factors, or internal factors of the physical body. I suggest insanity is a choice. If I am right, then why do people make such a choice?

For the sane, why did they make this choice? Is it easier to be insane, or sane? Should we just surrender to "conventional wisdom" or should we use critical thought to challenge everything?

Of course, "we" should act as individuals. You have to ultimately make your own choices. If that choice is sanity and critical thought, then you have chosen to climb that steep mountain. Those who have chosen insanity, have chosen to tumble down that steep mountain. It is easier to tumble down than climb up that mountain. Both in the end are painful choices.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This man thinks we do create our own reality:
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

* Yes of course we create our own reality, since HUGE parts of our life/reality are in fact revolving around emotions, feelings, interactions and relationships with others, communication.

We are HUMANS, not machines.

You would be surprised how much of our perception of "what is reality" is indeed very much linked to what and how we think. This goes even farther, it also applies to what we perceive as how the past was and how we remember the past. Its all highly, highly subjective.

* As for your questions, there is a LOT to say to this but i try to make it short. Yes..it highly depends on your motivation. POSITIVE THINKING + MOTIVATION = SUCCESS

There are many people who make a ****load of money, even in a so called "bad economy". In our time, it is really possible that an individual or a small group could make eg. a web site...based on an IDEA and a DREAM + Motivation...and three years later they are billionaires.

Check the stories of Steve Jobs, Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, etc..

Do you think they had success because they did NOT believe in their visions? Of course not. They ignored all the nay-sayers and had a positive outlook and did what they wanted do.

Of course, this principle doesnt only apply to material things like money, but also to overall happiness.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Thank you for your reply although it was not me asking the question.
Thoughts and emotions may well cause our reality, however do you cause your thoughts? Is it actually you creating the thoughts and emotions that shape your reality? What puts thoughts that are not wanted in your head?
edit on 31-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It seems that the secret to manifesting the life you want is to really "BELIEVE" that you already have it.....be do have. However, when everything in your life tells you otherwise...."your life sucks, you have no job, financial troubles all around, constant bad luck, add your negative point here"....how can you really BELIEVE in something positive in your life when everything you observe in your life says the opposite. Yes I can believe I have that new car, or earning tons of money in a new job, but I would think your subconscious beliefs that your life is negative is going to prevent anything from manifesting positively in your life.

How do you overcome any deep seated subconscious negative beliefs?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieterhund
It seems that the secret to manifesting the life you want is to really "BELIEVE" that you already have it.....be do have. However, when everything in your life tells you otherwise...."your life sucks, you have no job, financial troubles all around, constant bad luck, add your negative point here"....how can you really BELIEVE in something positive in your life when everything you observe in your life says the opposite. Yes I can believe I have that new car, or earning tons of money in a new job, but I would think your subconscious beliefs that your life is negative is going to prevent anything from manifesting positively in your life.

Great question........perhaps a simple example might be ,"I want to see the color red" Okay so I state and visualize ," I'm now seeing the color red !" You open your eyes and see the color blue.

How do we change it? Maybe with close eyes and use the Imagination as the tool. Hold the thought of "red" until one day it actually changes?
And if it does will it be abrupt...blue to red BAM in an instant or will it do a very very subtle change to a blue purple ,then purple ,then redish purple, then finally red ????

Maybe thats it ????? change your "color" one thought at a time????

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieterhund

Meditation using visualizations/affirmations. Thru google you'll find tons of techniques. I like my 'taking-out-the-trash' method I posted earlier in the thread (I think it's this thread). This isn't stuff that happens in a week though..unless your 'indigo' maybe.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think I like the color analogize

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Of course we can create our own reality.
Here's a recipe:

- Huge amount of anxiety
- Lots of rumination

If you are lucky, you will be struck by ocd.
Congratulations, you've just created your own personal reality

Granted, it's more like creating living hell but still, I stand by my recipe

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Athens13

Nice hahaha
second

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Yes, this. Example: This May I felt very unhappy at my previous job. Physically ill when I went to work, sluggish, my legs felt like lead. My intuition was telling me that it was not where I belonged. The job did not align with my core values and I felt that my special purpose* was not being met, nor would ever be if I stayed there. One day I called in sick, signed up for a class at a whim and two months later I am doing what I was called to do, working where I didn't know that I wanted to work. Everything lined up for me because I knew in my heart that it was right,
It's not about manifesting specific material things. It's more about intuition and trusting that you know what you need to do, even if you're not quite sure what that is.
*five points if you get the reference

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Littletruthseeker

I'm going with Navin Johnson on this one LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jesusatan

Dingdingding! We have a winner!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>