It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Create Our Own Reality???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
reply to post by Balkan

If you try enough, you'll eventually succeed.
So if you tried until you succeeded, were those really 'failures'? Your perspective on 'belief' (and 'failure') seems to be limiting.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jesusatan

Ian Lungold?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

yes thank you......Ironically he died of cancer right after he spoke .....crazy

So getting excellent advice here......but can we gets some more details....meat and potatoes..nuts and bolts on what thoughts ( with passion, think thats gotta be in there) actually make things happen the way we want.

Do we just set an intent and let it go?
Do we have to focus and repeat like a mantra 100000000000 times a day???

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
It is most imprudent to simply just assume that the mind is the same as a physical body. The "mind/body problem" has never been resolved, and any assertions by so called scientists today that the mind is not separate from the body is nothing more than reification.

It is odd that a member that ends his post with Namaste would make an argument that the mind is nothing more than a physical body.

The "mind/body problem" is this: There are essentially two camps. One camp believes that the mind is a separate substance from that of the brain or body. This camp is called the Dualist camp. The other camp, the Monist camp, believes that the mind is very much a part of the physical body. It is called a "problem" because both camps have never been able to reach any resolution on the mind, which in the end means you have to make a decision as to which camp you fall into. Regardless of which camp you decide you believe more, the question then becomes, who was it that made that choice?

Actually I was slightly misunderstanding your stance, thus my response. I don't believe the concept the mind is nothing more than matter. I was asking the question because despite science having to basically shelve the problem for a long time... it is really the fundamental pivot point for the thread.

I'm actually more in a Biocentrism camp... which is the third camp: The physical body is very much a part of the mind.

It's a pivot point for the question because of the way it affects a person's perception of the stimulus they are getting from the external world... and thus how they will approach applying any advice they hear/read. So for people struggling with this question, they also need to ask themselves what the nature of the relationship between mind and body are for them and then move forward from there. Is mind a product of body? Body a product of mind? Both exist and are linked like a game and a player?

If Mind is a product of Body - There is nothing we can do... we are going to do whatever the plinko machine says we will do.

If Body is a product of Mind - Well... then this would depend on whether the individual's mind is the *only* mind or is in the middle of a giant "belief" game where the strongest minds and strongest beliefs held by the group mind create the visualization that is then experienced. There are no boundaries beyond what the individual can convince them self (or others) is Reality... even if they don't know if/how they are doing it.

If it's more like a game - Well then now we have a mind that is limited by some sort of rule set... but the *activity* in the game is not the source of the thoughts... although the activity in the game feeds back to the mind controlling the game and thus does affect what thoughts will be sent out next.

So while a person won't necessarily solve this question necessarily.... identifying which perspective they do hold or want to hold can affect a person's methods for moving forward in contemplation/action with their reality.

Namaste!
edit on 29-7-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

It is most imprudent to simply just assume that the mind is the same as a physical body. The "mind/body problem" has never been resolved, and any assertions by so called scientists today that the mind is not separate from the body is nothing more than reification.

It is odd that a member that ends his post with Namaste would make an argument that the mind is nothing more than a physical body.

The "mind/body problem" is this: There are essentially two camps. One camp believes that the mind is a separate substance from that of the brain or body. This camp is called the Dualist camp. The other camp, the Monist camp, believes that the mind is very much a part of the physical body. It is called a "problem" because both camps have never been able to reach any resolution on the mind, which in the end means you have to make a decision as to which camp you fall into. Regardless of which camp you decide you believe more, the question then becomes, who was it that made that choice?

Actually I was slightly misunderstanding your stance, thus my response. I don't believe the concept the mind is nothing more than matter. I was asking the question because despite science having to basically shelve the problem for a long time... it is really the fundamental pivot point for the thread.

I'm actually more in a Biocentrism camp... which is the third camp: The physical body is very much a part of the mind.

It's a pivot point for the question because of the way it affects a person's perception of the stimulus they are getting from the external world... and thus how they will approach applying any advice they hear/read. So for people struggling with this question, they also need to ask themselves what the nature of the relationship between mind and body are for them and then move forward from there. Is mind a product of body? Body a product of mind? Both exist and are linked like a game and a player?

If Mind is a product of Body - There is nothing we can do... we are going to do whatever the plinko machine says we will do.

If Body is a product of Mind - Well... then this would depend on whether the individual's mind is the *only* mind or is in the middle of a giant "belief" game where the strongest minds and strongest beliefs held by the group mind create the visualization that is then experienced. There are no boundaries beyond what the individual can convince them self (or others) is Reality... even if they don't know if/how they are doing it.

If it's more like a game - Well then now we have a mind that is limited by some sort of rule set... but the *activity* in the game is not the source of the thoughts... although the activity in the game feeds back to the mind controlling the game and thus does affect what thoughts will be sent out next.

So while a person won't necessarily solve this question necessarily.... identifying which perspective they do hold or want to hold can affect a person's methods for moving forward in contemplation/action with their reality.

Namaste!
edit on 29-7-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

WOW !!!!!! okay this is exactly where I was trying to get to...I'm not eloquent with words but you guys are right there now. So is there a "master" mind controling my reality or do I control it ? Sometimes ? all the time?
First would be to determine if I do or someone else does before REAL progress could be made. Can we know this on this playing field?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'm not going to open the can of worms of metaphysical 'belief'. There is plenty of stuff here and around the net about that subject (which I highly suggest you research).

I would advise if you want to accomplish something you should focus on it, literally keeping it at the forefront of your thoughts as much as possible, daily. You probably already covered the following in your OP, but I think it's worth repeating. You have two very important (imo) tools at your disposal... visualization and affirmations. You can use these at any time (and should), but they (seem to me at least) to be much potent when used during meditation. You visualize yourself accomplishing whatever it is you seek to accomplish. I learned this technique as a guitar player. It works. You affirm anything you need to help accomplish this. I'm a firm believer these techniques can be used to reprogram the mind, especially in regards to those nasty deep-seeded negative thoughts.

For example, to get rid of negativity I personally meditate on taking out the trash (that exists in my mind). I imagine myself literally filling a trash bin with the negative (trashy) thoughts of my mind, burning it is a release. Then I visualize white light entering the spots that were left behind by the negativity. As an affirmation, I affirm everyday that I am a positive, peaceful, loving person. Stuff like this changed my life a long time ago, and it's become a part of my lifestyle, just like exercise and a healthy diet. I also use the same technique for getting rid of negativity in the physical world... I write my negativity down and I burn it. It feels very healing for me. Probably because I 'believe'(!) it works.
Using water (baths/showers) are also a good way to get rid of negativity. Just imagine the water washing it away. All pretty standard stuff really.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Great advice !!!

I cant help but wonder sometimes though......If we visualize a certain car, girlfriend ,house etc....Do we limit somehow ourselves to Only one path or plain for the said thing to come to us. I vary back and forth on say Eckert Tolles version of just be happy in the Now to try to visualize and plan the future. If we focus on wanting just a mercedes do we miss out on the possibilities of a corvette or jag?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

WOW !!!!!! okay this is exactly where I was trying to get to...I'm not eloquent with words but you guys are right there now. So is there a "master" mind controling my reality or do I control it ? Sometimes ? all the time? First would be to determine if I do or someone else does before REAL progress could be made. Can we know this on this playing field?

Rene Descartes employed a method of radical doubt to find truth until he stumbled upon one single certainty:

"Cogito ergo sum."

I think, therefore I am.

Make up your mind who "I" is. My question to you would be why would you assume that "I" is anyone other than "You"?

I think the very real problem people face is that the body very much can dictate and determine the thoughts a person thinks, if the mind allows it to.

Martin Heidegger once said that we do not speak language that language speaks us. This can be observably true, but does not have to be. Language was not invented for the purpose of speaking us, it was invented for the purpose of us speaking it. If we are to speak language and not allow it to speak us, it would behoove us to understand that it is the I of the mind that is speaking the language and not the brain falling prey to the language being spoken.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I can't say. Some people swear by visualizing exactly what you want in detail (so you don't get the hooptie). I've never tried to manifest money or material objects. I'm also not big on worrying about the past or the future and I just try (keyword) to focus on the now, as it seems that's all I have any illusion of control over.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If you search here there are some very interesting threads by people who claim to be able to manifest material stuff. I suggest you check them out.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am not long winded...so to cut to the chase...change is coming. You are at a crossroads...what should you do...well....how do you feel in your heart? That is what you should do! It won't matter if you choose what you wish...but not choosing it will not work!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think it from time to time, and when I do, I sit in front of a candle for 5 minutes trying to "think" the flame away. Because "...If no one observes the flame, then no one knows the flame is there, and therefore the flame doesn't exist". Stupid flame never went away so I abandoned that idea long ago.

But if you look at it as "If I try to be the richest man and will myself to be then I will be" then of course sooner or later with work you will be the richest man.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

All I can say is there are many amazing people in this world. Mostly the children. Huge Pyschic ability...many in china..In US it's more creative, right brain...but a big change anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I think it from time to time, and when I do, I sit in front of a candle for 5 minutes trying to "think" the flame away. Because "...If no one observes the flame, then no one knows the flame is there, and therefore the flame doesn't exist". Stupid flame never went away so I abandoned that idea long ago.

But if you look at it as "If I try to be the richest man and will myself to be then I will be" then of course sooner or later with work you will be the richest man.

You could also save yourself a considerable amount of time when sitting in front of a candle thinking the flame away and use your lips and just whistle. You know how to whistle don't you? You just put your lips together and blow.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Is that a theme now...honestly I think that I've heard about sitting and staring at a candle about 5 times in the past two weeks....what's up???

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Haha yeah I tried for the longest time to make a piece of folded paper on a needle just spin.....DAMN IT just spin a little. but know it didnt. But see if it had would the new reality of me KNOWING I could make it happen then lead me to ok now I'll make a flag blow around without a breeze. OK now I'll make my bank account say 1,000000000 ok now.....oh sheez where do I stop???

So I'm here asking you guys to help me learn to manifest but do you think I (we) will always "mess" things up just a bit to keep my sanity.?

Maybe that fear is what keeps the magic from happening...............

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesusatan
but do you think I (we) will always "mess" things up just a bit to keep my sanity.?

It only matters what you think really.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You are right. This is why a focus and intention is very important. You can visualize all day long, and nothing happens. But if you visualize how you could put out the candle in front of you, you will certainly find a way to do it; you just have to do it. Obviously, a candle is a simple metaphor. If you want wealth, if that is what you truly desire (and everyone is different) you can visualize that wealth all day and you will never receive the wealth. Now if you look around at what tools you have to produce wealth, and pick up that tool, you can create the wealth. Most people will say, "I can only earn $100 from that tool what use is it?" This is where you look around again and say, "I have $100, but how can I make it into $200? What tools do I have? What direction should I go?" If a person maintains this type of focus each step of the way they will acquire that which that seek. The door will be revealed. The problem for most people is lack of faith in believing a way will be revealed to them to accomplish their goal. They stop when it takes too long. Thus, they are not really true to themselves in what they want. A person that wants something, is passionate about it, will succeed at obtaining it...and if they never attain their goal they will get closer and closer to that goal each step of the way.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So I'm here asking you guys to help me learn to manifest but do you think I (we) will always "mess" things up just a bit to keep my sanity.?

The point I was making about blowing a candle flame out to complete the thought of thinking a flame away, (I was actually riffing off of a Bogie and Bacall film), is why would we not use all tools available to us to manifest that which we desire? In the case of "thinking" a flame away, why wouldn't we just simply blow it out, since we have this demonstrable physical capability?

How do we manifest? In 2009 a pilot by the name of Chesley Sullenberger did what no other pilot in the fifty year history of aviation of jet liners the size Sullenberger was flying could do, and that was safely land a stricken airliner on the Hudson River. It was hailed as a miracle, and I suppose it was, but it was a miracle performed by a single man who manifested the necessary reality to not only save his own ass, but all of the passengers asses too!

Certainly the radar was telling Sullenberger he was screwed and it is fairly presumed that Sullenbeger ignored the radar and began looking for opportunities to safely land that plane.

Ninety percent of life happens off of the radar. If we are always focused on the radar, this means we are missing out on Ninety percent of the opportunities that exist in this world. The radar can be a useful tool when it is useful, just like putting your lips together and blowing can be useful when it is useful. When it is not useful, why use that tool?

Manifesting your reality means Being the person wise enough to know which tools to use and not use while they are Doing, so they can Have the reality they desire.

Easier said than done, but so is walking up a steep mountain. If your intention is to get to the top of that mountain, then no matter how difficult it becomes, you keep moving upward and onward until you've reached your destination. Without the firm commitment of your mind, it is unlikely you will suffer the trials and tribulations that come with climbing a steep mountain, or landing a jet airliner on an icy river, or making a gazillion bucks.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The point I was making about blowing a candle flame out to complete the thought of thinking a flame away, (I was actually riffing off of a Bogie and Bacall film), is why would we not use all tools available to us to manifest that which we desire? In the case of "thinking" a flame away, why wouldn't we just simply blow it out, since we have this demonstrable physical capability?

How do we manifest? In 2009 a pilot by the name of Chesley Sullenberger did what no other pilot in the fifty year history of aviation of jet liners the size Sullenberger was flying could do, and that was safely land a stricken airliner on the Hudson River. It was hailed as a miracle, and I suppose it was, but it was a miracle performed by a single man who manifested the necessary reality to not only save his own ass, but all of the passengers asses too!

Certainly the radar was telling Sullenberger he was screwed and it is fairly presumed that Sullenbeger ignored the radar and began looking for opportunities to safely land that plane.

Ninety percent of life happens off of the radar. If we are always focused on the radar, this means we are missing out on Ninety percent of the opportunities that exist in this world. The radar can be a useful tool when it is useful, just like putting your lips together and blowing can be useful when it is useful. When it is not useful, why use that tool?

Manifesting your reality means Being the person wise enough to know which tools to use and not use while they are Doing, so they can Have the reality they desire.

Easier said than done, but so is walking up a steep mountain. If your intention is to get to the top of that mountain, then no matter how difficult it becomes, you keep moving upward and onward until you've reached your destination. Without the firm commitment of your mind, it is unlikely you will suffer the trials and tribulations that come with climbing a steep mountain, or landing a jet airliner on an icy river, or making a gazillion bucks.

Very well put sir !
I'm now thinking of Roger Bannister. I believe it was in the 50's no one had broken the 4 minute mile.....period. So somehow he did. He had the tools(well trained and disciplined athlete) and the one key ingredient mindset. I wonder if he was focused on trying to be the first ever or was just focused on doing the very best he could and it just happened ?
But either way after he did it then thousands have done it afterwards. he set a new never before belief system in place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join