It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we here at ATS...........??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Live in a completely delusional world? For instance I have a group of about 10 close friends and they have no clue what ATS is or even what it's about. They have know clue about Elenin, crop circles, or much about aliens and UFO's.... Ok before I continue I want to make clear this is not about me and whether or not I believe or disbelieve any or all of what ATS has to offer. It's me realizing how big of a minority we here at all these alternative news sites are. I sit at home and I plow through thread after thread late at night or on my days off. Im starting to wonder if joining this site has made me a crazy person or actually made me a better person? I often see threads on here about us living in a matrix.. But I'm starting to think I already do. ATS I'm in the matrix and stepping outside, going to Starbucks, or the pool, or the mall is actually going back to reality when for awhile it was the other way around. Anyway that's it it's not the greatest thread in the world but it's my thoughts and what's on my mind

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The boy is awake!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to experience the absolute absurd to realize that everything else is normal.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat buddy, so I know how you feel. There was a point after I joined where I tought reinserting myself into the Matrix might have been the best option! Seriously, I was starting to drive myself nuts. Then I took a step back, took a break for a week, and I think I figured it all out for myself. I am not going to be able to change any of this stuff with me learning about it, so why stress over it. Now, I read, learn, and tend to enjoy it more than I did initially. Plus, another thing that gave me piece of mind was my preparations. I have food, water, supplies, defense all stocked up, and that made me feel so much more at ease. But the talking to people, yeah, we are a vast minority. About the only thing the Average Joe knows about is 2012, and that is from the History Channel! It is a weird position to be in, to see how many are really asleep out there!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You need to remember one simply fact.

The mind is an absolute weapon that will and must be contained at all costs, deviate from that path and you begin your journey to a world unlike anything you have ever experienced.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Do we here at ATS........ use paragraphs?

no way!

just kiddin

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks for all the quick responses and thanks to anyone else who throws there 2 sense in.....and no I failed grammar so F-the paragraphs lol

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

The mind is an absolute weapon that will and must be contained at all costs, deviate from that path and you begin your journey to a world unlike anything you have ever experienced.

Or anyone else, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by copernicus2012

I sit at home and I plow through thread after thread late at night or on my days off. Im starting to wonder if joining this site has made me a crazy person or actually made me a better person?

I think it is a process, that begins with the shock and awe revelation of underlying truth and conspiracies , then one moves to venting about it, trying to convince others, then gets perspective from others(here ATS)on the same topics, with provided resources and cross referencing to sort out the charlatans and hype, at least to some significant degree. Finally, one transcends much of the madness associated with awakening, or pursuing curiosity about the nature of things, sheds some fear, and comes out a better, stronger and more informed person. Plus we get some laughs and camaraderie along the way here at ATS.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Sometimes you have to experience the absolute absurd to realize that everything else is normal.

It is up to us to determine which is absurd and which is normal,
such is the quest of most of us.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

I was talking to a friend last night about what is (NORMAL) to a person....and we came to the conclusion...that what may be normal to me...may be ridiculous to someone else...and vise versa.

The vast majority of people I come across in my daily life don't know about ATS.....so I tell them about it...and some have come back to thank me. Many don't feel comfortable in being members yet...they are lurkers but at least they are reading and learning.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yep, many are asleep, and with my experiences, they choose to stay that way. A wife of a good friend of mine once said to me, "I don't want to know any of this stuff, I already have enough to worry about!"

You know what I think? I think TPTB have figured out how to live much, much longer than the average person. So while we are only here for a short time, they live on controlling and manipulating. My personal goal is to learn as much as I possibly can [about them] before I go, and pass it on to at least one individual who can fully understand it all and see the big picture.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by copernicus2012
Live in a completely delusional world? For instance I have a group of about 10 close friends and they have no clue what ATS is or even what it's about. They have know clue about Elenin, crop circles, or much about aliens and UFO's....

All that is rather irrelevent to being awake. Those are subjects, not sensitivities. Much as I just did, you've decided which group is "awake" and which is not, much like religions profess to be true while proclaiming the others as 'false'. Welcome to the same world!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

You cant experience pleasure without knowing pain
You cant know happiness without knowing sadness
You cant know life without knowing you will die
And you cant know normal without knowing absurd
For every action in life there is an equal and opposite reaction..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I find ATS to be my breaking news, one stop source, for all the varied subjects that interest me. The only time, I've tried to bring another person to the forum, was in the first 2 months of the Fukushima fiasco. I was met with indifference, or point blank..."I don't want to hear about it".

The only person I've brought to ATS as a regular member has been my ex-hubby....I figured I certainly couldn't open his eyes in the past...so I'll just let the rest of you do it.

Thank you...it seems to be working

Des
edit on 29-7-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Some people are closed minded, some are blissfully unaware, some are too frightened to delve into anything outside of their comfort zone. In any case, I am grateful to have found ATS and the various interesting minds that we have here.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The minority are the ones who have broken free from these chains. The masses are the brain washed unfortunate ones.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ha ha - I hear what you are saying loud and clear.

I am a reasonably new member, having stumbled across this by chance and getting sucked up by a thread discussing the 8.3.11 website. In the space of a few weeks my internet usage has gone from quick email checking to considering getting an Iphone, all so I can keep up to date with this kind of thing. Fear not you are not in your own zone

I have wondered the same - am I losing it? But no that is rubbish. It is just such a great thing to find somewhere where people talk, perhaps not always agree, but at least talk about subjects such as time slips, 9/11 conspiracy - etc. etc.

I think it feels strange as day-to-day conversations don't often go near this kind of topic. When it does lots of people think this is crazy talk. I certainly don't believe everything I hear but it seems ATS has a large number of intelligent, reasonable people who think for themselves. People who rubbish things without listening are either frightened that they won't understand or are so closed minded that they do themselves a disservice.

We are definitely not delusional, we only question other possibilities. The world is full of mad people, e.g:

1. Those who are orange from fake tan and think no one will notice.
2. Post their lives on Facebook - you are not that interesting - STOP!
3. Discuss reality TV like their own mother was starring in it. The use of the word reality is not literal.
4. See everything as black and white - dull!
5. Old millionaires (male or female) who believe the hot young thing really loves them.

On the basis of those examples - we are good.

I will revise this post if and when I cover my windows with tinfoil

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
ATS is where I get my news from, it is more diverse and informative than tv news... it has good entertainment too....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by copernicus2012

Considering there are like 12 "friends" of mine who responded here, I think it is definative we ????

CJ

new topics

top topics

join