It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else catch this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Captain America: The First Avenger opened in the UK today and I went along excited, me and for the first time ever half the cinema stayed to sit through the credits (usually it's just me while the staff wait to clean the room) and after the bonus hidden scene a teaser came up for The Avengers.

It looked awesome, not posting a vid of it since it doesn't seem to be on youtube yet from what I can see unless I'm not looking hard enough but was it available for anyone else who saw the movie? If so, what are your thoughts?

I only seem to be able to remember Scarlett Johanssen's character Natasha Romaoff seems to have shoulder length hair in The Avengers and a funny moment with Tony Stark looking at Thor and making fun of him to his face. Looks badass either way.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

This started, as far as I know, with the Incredible Hulk, which showed a cut scene of Tony Stark i.e. Iron Man, and then each Iron Man, Thor, etc. The screenings that I have seen in the US had much of the audience staying through the credits for these because of the common knowledge that a clip of "the next one" in the series would be shown.
The Avengers is next on the list, as far as I know.

I don't know if the after credit sneak peek trailers are always shown in the UK, but I would assume so.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Hmm, see that makes me wonder now.

With the other Marvel movies they had the post credits scenes intact but then that's it, lights come up, screen off, movie done. This was the first time in my movie going experience that I've ever seen them have a post "post credits scene" scene showing the next movie the character from the film I've just seen will feature in.

Although I'd guess that Incredible Hulk didn't show Iron Man 2, Iron Man 2 didn't show Thor and Thor didn't show Captain America because there was no need and now because no more singular Avengers movies, they decided to do it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There was probably a man in a suit near the back of the cinema taking notes and pressing a stopwatch. Market research to see how you react to the credits and after-movie trailer. Anything to get your money.

I'd be more of a fan of the Marvel movies but ever since I discovered that Stan Lee was completely cut off and ignored in anything to do with the making of them after the rights were sold I find it hard to view them as anything but cheap entertainment that costs a lot and makes the company millions.

I've seen most of them but would never pay to do so unless I had a hot date who wants me to dress up in a Captain Spamtastic outfit.

edit on 29/7/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

They have been showing clips like this for years in the US. All of the Marvel series movies have clips and other movies as well. The example that come to mind is The A Team movie. At the end of the credits it has a clip. I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

They have been showing clips like this for years in the US. All of the Marvel series movies have clips and other movies as well. The example that come to mind is The A Team movie. At the end of the credits it has a clip. I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.

I'm not sure if you mean a post credits scene or something extra once the movie has finished because if you mean a post credits scene then yeah, we've had them in the UK for years too (examples.....Nick Fury's appearance at the end of Iron Man talking about putting a team together, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl when the monkey swipes at the screen).

If those above things or similar are what you mean then no, I was talking about once the credits have finished rolling and you have the post credits scene, then there's an EXTRA thing not included in the credits at all that was tagged on at the end by the studio to say "hey look, here's your first preview of The Avengers, out May 2012".

It's sort of like the teaser for The Dark Knight Rises that I posted about not too long ago on ATS only instead of being shown in the usual trailer slots BEFORE the movie, this one was shown AFTER for anyone who stayed behind and without spoiling that Cap is part of the team before his story plays out on the screen.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For those who want to see the teaser... Found on YouTube.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Sorry, yes I meant the post credits.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Thanks for posting.

Only thing is, the scene in the gym is the POST CREDITS SCENE.

The teaser for The Avengers is tacked on to promote that movie but IS NOT PART OF THE CAPTAIN AMERICA POST CREDITS SCENE.

Had to use caps just because I spent a few posts trying not to spoil it or what the post credits scene was in trying to explain what I meant.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Good points - and great avatar, by the way!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
For those who want to see the teaser... Found on YouTube.

www.youtube.com...

Looks like Paramount squashed the teaser video on YouTube.

"The Avengers Official Te..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Paramount Pictures Corporation.

Sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Captain America: The First Avenger opened in the UK today and I went along excited, me and for the first time ever half the cinema stayed to sit through the credits (usually it's just me while the staff wait to clean the room) and after the bonus hidden scene a teaser came up for The Avengers.

It looked awesome, not posting a vid of it since it doesn't seem to be on youtube yet from what I can see unless I'm not looking hard enough but was it available for anyone else who saw the movie? If so, what are your thoughts?

I only seem to be able to remember Scarlett Johanssen's character Natasha Romaoff seems to have shoulder length hair in The Avengers and a funny moment with Tony Stark looking at Thor and making fun of him to his face. Looks badass either way.

What exactly are the Avengers avenging?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Lots of movies do this...which is why I always sit through the credits until the very end. Even bad movies (like Meet the Spartans), can have really good end credit scenes...(watching the former Hercules sing and dance was pretty damn funny)...

new topics

top topics

join