It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I found this article and thought it was interesting.
I just wanted to share it.
www.livescience.com... gn=Feed%3A+Livesciencecom+%28LiveScience.com+Science+Headline+Feed%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
its been posted before

its probably a natural formation, some long complicated word that made my head hurt

very interesting though
edit on 29/7/2011 by Welshextremist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Let me add a bit of info to this fairly minimalistic post

An ocean exploration team led by Swedish researcher Peter Lindberg has found what some are suggesting is a crashed flying saucer. Lindberg's team, which has had success in the past recovering sunken ships and cargo, was using sonar to look for the century-old wreck of a ship that went down carrying several cases of a super-rare champagne. Instead, the team discovered what it claims is a mysterious round object that might (or might not) be extraterrestrial.

Adding to the mystery at the bottom of the Gulf of Bothnia, Lindberg said he saw evidence of scars or marks disturbing the environment nearby, suggesting the object somehow moved across the ocean floor to where his team found

Long story short, they found a circle on the ocean floor that looks like it moved a bit from scratching and whatnot (crash landing?)

If your interested, you can go try to fish it out yourself though

Lindberg said his team has neither the interest nor the resources to further investigate the anomaly. Deep ocean research is time-consuming and expensive. If the object were indeed a flying saucer, recovering it could potentially be worth millions or billions of dollars. If it's a natural formation, on the other hand, it would probably be a waste of time and money.

They aren't going to do it due to it (probably) not being overly interesting...so, perhaps in this case, the mystery of maybe is perhaps better than the reality of no...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This has been posted before.

It's probably not a natural formation, but some debunkers with long-winded excuses that have made my head hurt claim otherwise.

Definitely interesting.

--- I'd like to see more research done in your OP though man, there's a bit of information out on the web about this. All you've got to do is copy and paste, and then speculate a little. Bare minimum?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trower

it could be remains of a building as well...that was my opinion when I first saw this...UFO seems a bit far out for me, and it looks too much of an accurate circle to be natural to me...but who knows...I wouldn't mind seeing this explored...but there are also many many many other places in the ocean I wish were explored for sure...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

How can you research it? Nobody is going to go down there because its mucho expensive....and if somebody does go down, they aren't going to be the kind of people to share the info.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
This has been posted before.

It's probably not a natural formation

A caldera is a cauldron-like volcanic feature usually formed by the collapse of land following a volcanic eruption, such as the one at Yellowstone National Park in the US. They are sometimes confused with volcanic craters. The word comes from Spanish caldera, and this from Latin CALDARIA, meaning "cooking pot". In some texts the English term cauldron is also used.

Source: wiki

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
LOL! Thanks I was not sure if it was posted.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trower

yes they will go down there again "soon". I dont know what to think about it, the images are inconclusive. I am not wanting to debunk this "at all cost" - but there is also a remote chance it MIGHT be another viral advertising campaign or stunt of some sorts.

According to one of the guys, they also found more "objects" in vicinity of the bigger object. As far as i know they are now looking for sponsors/media etc. so they can do a dive.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
if this was a UFO that had crashed into the /land mass, the question is, where are the bounce tracks? as we all know, when you skim a pebble off the water you always have ripples, so you will always have evidence on hard land of a skimming object. bear in mind any object that comes to our planet has a minimum trajectory of 22degrees (dues to the curveture of the earth (this is what i was told, IF anyone can tell me otherwise, i would really welcome the information, (seriously i would, )if you actually look, then you will see this is yet another pre 'columban' undersea ruin. Along the lines of the Binimi walls. Look at the way the circle works, and then look at theleft of it, you can then quite clearly sea evidence of walling. I think this is yet another piece of evidence to support the fast flooding that happened in the world, to also support the bibles Noah, , the pre incan Flood, also the Pre aztecs.

The Big question is....Why is it round?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

because it is the Millenium Falcon

top topics

join