It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semi permanent tattoos, Real or Fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So, In a conversation with a friend yesterday she bought up that she was going to get her eyebrows tattooed in, (yes shes a goth, I know it sounds stupid) but she said that it wasn't that serious as the tattoos were only semi permanent.

Now fast forward to today I bought this up in a chat conversation and the mood seems to be that there is no such thing as a semi permanant tattoo, and that it will last forever, the mighty GoaThief even gave me a links that says as much link

So, basically, this is nothing but a scam. Stick-on tattoos are temporary (3-7 days) and henna art is temporary (2-4 weeks) and tattoos are permanent. Those are the only real choices you have. If you are not prepared to keep your tattoo for the rest of your life, you'd be best off not to get one at all.

So whats the opinion of ATS, is it a scam?

edit on 29-7-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Everything's a scam.... until proven otherwise...

Does that make me an optimist?

hehe

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
any kind of needle in the face doesnt sound temporary to me......

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I know a girl that got a tattoo of a spider on her leg..
She went swimming in the public pool that afternoon and the tattoo was bleached out by the chlorine..ruined it ..forever

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
one of my good friends does cosmetic tattoos for a living - both for vanity (such as permanent eyeliner, brows, lip liner, etc.) and for post surgical reasons (such as a woman who has had a mastectomy, followed by an implant and repigmentation of the areola must be done, etc.) and we had this discussion not long ago. She said that there are some tattoo artist who claim to do "semi-permanent" tattoos, which are applied jus the same as a regular tattoo, using a tat gun and needles, but that the artist doesn't allow the needles to go as deep into the layers of skin as they do with a regular tattoo... so that over time, as skin cells shed, the tattoo eventually fades off. However, most tattoo artists (according to my friend) argue that there is no guarantee that the tattoo will ever go away (any tattoo given with needles should just be considered permanent) and that if it were to fade, there is REALLY no guarantee that it would fade evenly, and may end up just looking really tacky.

i have PLENTY of tattoos. all permanent. they are addictive, i'm already trying to decide what the next one is going to be and where to put it

hope i was able to shed some light on this for ya, but if not, surely you can google "semi-permanent tattoos" and find some info. I'm not claiming to be 100% positive as I am not a tattoo artist myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Yes thats the impression I get i think your right.

I hope i can stop my friend from going through with it

new topics

top topics

join