It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If OUR solar system is on the elongated eliptical orbit with PLANET X?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 20COMEtMYanELENINe11

Instead of that, how about thinking what was there before the big bang or whats outside of what we know? much better questions

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Xcalibur254's rebuttal is absolutely spot on correct.

The existence of dark matter was hypothesized to account for discrepancies between the calculated and observed mass and velocities of galaxies.

Although there is some evidence to support the idea there are current theories involving modified gravity that do not require dark matter to explain what science observes in the workings of the cosmos.

In short dark matter is a creation of science to rectify what general relativity predicts and what we actually see when we look because the two do not agree by a wide margin.

Dark matter is science saying we don't know yet so you would get just as far postulating that flying monkeys riding magic unicorns are responsible for the lack of evidence in support of your invisible planet.

If the possibilities are unlimited and anything is possible I'll bet on the flying monkeys every time.

Regarding the possible flaws in the premise of your post, What If OUR solar system is on the elongated eliptical orbit with PLANET X? , please take a quick look and a moment out to understand the word Barycenter.

A little knowledge can be a wondrous thing while trying to make sense out of the internet.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 20COMEtMYanELENINe11
Instead of the other way around, I mean there has to be somthing bigger out there that keeps our entire solar system in rotation right? There is always somthing bigger, so what if we are heading towards planet x instead of planet x heading toward us. That might explain why we cannot see it yet and why it hasnt been discovered by amature astronamers.

Love your hypothesis here.
Our entire solar system is justa zoomin thru space, plus we're on one leg of the Milky Way, which is zoomin along too.

Then again, it's true what they say that "It's all Relative." I've had a thought knocking at my noggin for a few months, showing me some truth in the geocentric view of the universe. Imagine the Earth hanging in space with the sun spinning around it-- Mercury and Venus in tow (think Moons.) Now visualize the Milky Way zooming around the solar system, and the whole darn rest of the universe zooming around that. It really is all a matter of perspective. All views are true. But it makes my brain hurt when I look at too many of them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by MrGrimm

Yea your so focused on a mystery planet that you have shut off your mind to the UNLIMITED possibilites of what it might actually be

Wait... What?

How have I shut myself down to other possibilities?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

Because you all are looking for evidence of a planet, theres no chance its going to be that easy. It will be somthing no one thought of, the reason there is so much hype around a huge planet coming for us is because its completely rediculous. I just use planet x as a description because thats what everyone has been told. I dont think for a instance that it will be a planet, I believe it will be somthing unimaginable, untill were right on the verge of whatever it brings

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

reply to post by MrGrimm

Because you all are looking for evidence of a planet...

I'm not referring to everyone else; I'm referring as to how I gave you that impression.

Also, please consider that the threads topic is clearly labeled "What If OUR solar system is on the elongated eliptical orbit with PLANET X?"
So in case you're wondering why I am talking about a fictional planet, take that into consideration.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

Mainly because of the amount of cuneiform tablets that deal with astronomy, however, it’s hard to disprove of the reference to rockets, spacesuits and technology that is referred to in the readings. But… that’s not what’s in question here.

None of what you claim is in Sumerian tablets. There is virtually no astronomical information in Sumerian tablets. The reason that archaeologists believe that there was Sumerian interest in astronomy is that Babylonian tablets use Sumerian names for celestial objects.

As far as rockets and spacesuits and all the rest, it's all made up by Sitchin and VonDaniken and others.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There is always somthing bigger, so what if we are heading towards planet x instead of planet x heading toward us.

What difference does that make? That even supposed some absolute reference system.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MrGrimm

Mainly because of the amount of cuneiform tablets that deal with astronomy, however, it’s hard to disprove of the reference to rockets, spacesuits and technology that is referred to in the readings. But… that’s not what’s in question here.

None of what you claim is in Sumerian tablets. There is virtually no astronomical information in Sumerian tablets. The reason that archaeologists believe that there was Sumerian interest in astronomy is that Babylonian tablets use Sumerian names for celestial objects.

As far as rockets and spacesuits and all the rest, it's all made up by Sitchin and VonDaniken and others.

Would you agree that the zodiac is a form of ancient astronomy?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

Yes, the Zodiac is a form of ancient astronomy, however it is a Babylonian creation. The classic Zodiac is a modification of the MUL.APIN catalog, which was published in 1000 BCE. There is no indication that the Akkadians or the Sumerians had anything like the Zodiac. In fact there isn't even any indication that there was a celestial coordinate system before the 1st millennium BCE when it was created by the Babylonians.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

I am not claiming that the Sumerians were without astronomy. I am stating that the Sumerian interest in astronomy is based on other records and not theirs.

As Xcalibur254 points out there were other civilizations in the area that were later and did leave behind records that can be studied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join