It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA now believes comet Elenin to be a comet cluster

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The commet Elenin is big news for the planet. If there was no danger the NASA poeple, president Obama, and other governments would put the information out there publically for all of us to be educated and entertained by.
This would be big news on TV, the internet, newspapers, public knowledge. However the news is vague, and NASA is evading responsibility for discussing this issue to the public. They obviously don't want to cause panic, job losses, further destroying the economy. Those that worry and do know are pumping the economy up shopping for doomsday. I would say do some preparing as an insurance policy, and so that we all are calmer while rebuilding what ever is left... I am sure, the Japanese feel their apocolypse started early. 30,000+/- people killed, an island move eight feet eastward, and a radiation accident that will take decades to get under control. The planet definitely seems under attack and out of control this year from strange mass animal deaths, earth quakes, volcanos errupting, flooding, draughts, wars and civil unrest happening monthly. Everything just seems to be intensifying and spiraling out of control. At least this years crops will be collected before October and November. Be thankful for that blessing.
edit on 31-7-2011 by frugal because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

The commet Elenin is big news for the planet. If there was no danger the NASA poeple, president Obama, and other governments would put the information out there publically for all of us to be educated and entertained by.

Since when is the POTUS responsible for for entertaining people with skywatching tips? Isn't that more of a job for your local weatherman? All of the relevant information about comet C2010X-1 is posted in all the places you would expect it to be: observatory web pages, online astronomy magazines, amateur astronomy blogs....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is only one cluster associated with Elenin. It rhymes with Buck.
The internet has good and very bad info with it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vetfather

Should not be that hard for the pros...
www.ewellobservatory.com...
Also, X1 had been observed 2203 (#obs), since last December...That is alot

Did that look simple to you? There's a reason so many experienced astrophotographers were writing Sky & Telescope to ask how he did it. Notice how he had to photoshop the stars out and put them back in later? Can you imagine what the conspiracy crowd would be screaming if they found out a photo of Comet Elenin had been photoshopped?

As for being so highly observed, it was discovered further out than comets usually are, allowing more time for observations to be made. I suppose you're setting up the usual "do you still beat your wife" situation. If there are a lot of observations, then it must be something terribly important and therefore dangerous, whereas if there were very few observations, then there is clearly a "cover-up," therefore it must be dangerous.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Do you find it even a little odd how NASA has handled this?

Why are they even bothering to alter stereoB to image a "so called" tiny,harmless comet?

Why the disclaimer that it will look BIGGER than it really is??

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Do you find it even a little odd how NASA has handled this?

Not really... they're handling it the same way they handle 2012 rubbish.

Why are they even bothering to alter stereoB to image a "so called" tiny,harmless comet?

It's a target of opportunity. They are responsible for finding out as much about the nature of the Solar System as possible, including ordinary comets. They have observed other comets with SOHO and STEREO. It will not interfere with the primary task of monitoring the Sun.

Why the disclaimer that it will look BIGGER than it really is??

Where have you seen this disclaimer?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Where have you seen this disclaimer?

NASA scientists have said it will look several times brighter/bigger than expected due to reflection from the sun..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

NASA scientists have said it will look several times brighter/bigger than expected due to reflection from the sun..

I asked where they said that.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's in this thread somewhere..

I wouldn't lie to you..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It's in this thread somewhere..

I wouldn't lie to you..

I'll grant you wouldn't lie to me... but the onus to find the quotation lies on you. In other words, "tag, you're it!"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

i'm looking though you know I hate that..

Found this though, convenient huh?

NOTICE: this site will be unavailable the morning of 2011-Aug-01 (pacific time) for a few hours

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Found this though, convenient huh?

Yeah, but that's not exactly the same thing as:

NASA scientists have said it will look several times brighter/bigger than expected due to reflection from the sun.. [/quote]

For those who are too lazy to click on links, this is what the JPL website actually says:

Additional Notes: the orbits shown in the applet are color coded. The planets are white lines, and the asteroid/comet is a blue line. The bright white line indicates the portion of the orbit that is above the ecliptic plane, and the darker portion is below the ecliptic plane. Likewise for the asteroid/comet orbit, the light blue indicates the portion above the ecliptic plane, and the dark blue the portion below the ecliptic plane.
Orbit Viewer applet originally written and kindly provided by Osamu Ajiki (AstroArts), and further modified by Ron Baalke (JPL).

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I appreciate your cynicism, but it is perhaps better applied...
edit on 31-7-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That's not the quote I remember..

I'll keep looking though..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This was taken on 5/16/11 by
aartscope.blogspot.com...

I cut & enlarge as best as I know how...It's the only attempted color of Comet Elenin we have on internet.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Vetfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
My question to you out of curiosity is- Why are you still here posting on this thread?
If thats what you really think why are you still following this thread (or visiting a conspiracy site for that matter).
Have an agenda do we?

This thread isnt about me.
This thread is about NASA now believes comet Elenin to be a comet cluster
If you want to create a thread about me, go ahead. Until then, play the ball, not the man.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Laokin

You said it yourself.

Roll is roll, yaw is yaw, pitch is pitch, turn is turn....

The spacecraft will roll. It will roll 135º. It will not turn.
edit on 7/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I knew you were special Phage but didn't know you lived a a "4 dimensional universe"

Awesome.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Who cares today was a test, they didn't even publish pictures of it. Image search

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

very arrogant of you to decide what people can and cannot believe in who made you god no one so shame on you, for thinking you know better than your other man the arrogance of your reply just shows what the human race has been up against go hang your head in shame

and looking at your avatar speaks volumes
edit on 1-8-2011 by bauldrick because: no reason

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bauldrick

I generally stay out of the insanity surrounding the Elenin subject because people are going to believe what they want to believe. But I read his post that you're responding to and he's absolutely spot on.

Sometimes, what people choose to believe makes them unhappy. Unhappy people sometimes try to kill themselves. The fear mongering by the "Comet Elenin is an extinction level event" propagandists is like shouting "jump" to someone standing on a window ledge. Shame on you.

The problem with the entire Elenin spectacle is that people are "believing" despite the science showing that they're WRONG.

DW can explain it way better than I can, and I wanted to link to his post but the thought police got to it first. Hopefully he'll come along (this is my request to him) and post again, how this insanity began.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is a close up from 6-5-11 from Gustavo Muler

credit...
api.ning.com...*APxsGW8*OjNRKk2tWmbMtTTiMFfPI-Y5Imzt8k2ISMcS/C2010X1110506J47GustavoMule r.jpg
============
There are more from others...brb as I put some more together...
edit on 1-8-2011 by Vetfather because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join