It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party the cause of debt default.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Russh50

Try being in your twenties in this day and age and see how easy it is to find a good job you can go and make a living in. It's not easy, even with an education.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
as a Dutch guy I would like †o tell every american, you are all to blame of your default.

Whatever, it was gonna happen sooner or later.

United states of debt.

And your two party system is one that I find baffling. How can you run a country with two parties that always disagree with each other?

Peace

edit on 29/7/11 by sevensheeps because: spelling

Oh hey, look it's yet another foreign guy talking about bad about America, on an American website.

And yet, you like my country enough to spend your spare time here. Funny how that works, huh.

What I'll never understand is why people who hold my country in such low esteem are drawn time and time again to anything American. Why is that?

Anyone?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The science/resource-based economy is a better alternative than what we have now but there are too many people interested in keeping things the same. It is a shame that many adults have not grown beyond their selfish desires to accumulate material wealth. Working together is the only solution if we want long-term sustainability and that means helping each other, an idea too communistic for some.

Cultural programming is mostly to blame. Lots of people just don't care enough about this world because they think another one is waiting for them once they die. When there are no more natural resources to rape, everything will come crashing down, not just the economy. The economy we currently have is a ponzi scheme and rating system for the haves and have-nots. If we don't move towards something more sane it will lead to self-destruction. As a member of the Zeitgeist Movement it saddens me that not enough people are waking up to reality.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I hope they default. Please please please please please. Although I know they won't or they'll just ignore the debt ceiling like "what debt ceiling?" The one you were talking about for weeks trying to raise which you couldn't. "Oh, that ceiling, eh, the president should just be a dictator, debt is good."

Please please please default!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder just how long the memories of the American voters will be.

I have no doubt this will all be worked out with minimal distrution to the world's overall economy.

I also have no doubt those who have been so set on bringing about as much disruption to the American economy, as well as political scene, may be looking for a new line of work after the next elections.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
I also have no doubt those who have been so set on bringing about as much disruption to the American economy, as well as political scene, may be looking for a new line of work after the next elections.

After the economy crashes the IMF will likely introduce something to "bail out" the U.S. Just as they did with Greece. They now own all of Greece. Politicians will do just fine with all the wealth they have.

You can thank the banksters.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

I thought the tea party was formed for the reason of bringing down the national debt, defecit, federal spending and etc...there just a bunch of politicans who run their mouth they dont really have a say in anything. You want to find someone for the reason were in debt go look in the mirror

Oh yea btw nice name for here on ATS, what are you going to do when 2012 comes and goes nothing happens, looks like youll make a new account because you cant delete your account
edit on 30-7-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I hope they default. Please please please please please. Although I know they won't or they'll just ignore the debt ceiling like "what debt ceiling?" The one you were talking about for weeks trying to raise which you couldn't. "Oh, that ceiling, eh, the president should just be a dictator, debt is good."

Please please please default!

Do you have any substantive reason for wanting default, or are you just being emotional?

Maybe you are a banker?

Do tell

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

its' all who are involved over quite a long bit of history, both sides of the isle. truth be known when we were taken off the gold std. was a big turning point. in each household most of us learn to live within our means, it should be no different. why place blame? there are a lot of troubled U.S. citizens who are very angry with the way the government has ignored the people who foot the bill. so, at this point I will hold YOU personally responsible for all the debt problems, hows' that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I will let the Op be the first to pay for the debt by surrendering all his land and personal belongings to the international bankers.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amagnus
The science/resource-based economy is a better alternative than what we have now but there are too many people interested in keeping things the same. It is a shame that many adults have not grown beyond their selfish desires to accumulate material wealth. Working together is the only solution if we want long-term sustainability and that means helping each other, an idea too communistic for some.

Cultural programming is mostly to blame. Lots of people just don't care enough about this world because they think another one is waiting for them once they die. When there are no more natural resources to rape, everything will come crashing down, not just the economy. The economy we currently have is a ponzi scheme and rating system for the haves and have-nots. If we don't move towards something more sane it will lead to self-destruction. As a member of the Zeitgeist Movement it saddens me that not enough people are waking up to reality.

What evidence do you have to prove that people do not care about this world because they believe there is another after dying?

That is as pathetic as atheists have no morals because they don't believe in God.

Get over yourself and your distaste for other's belief systems.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Moody's: Neither debt plan protects the nation's AAA rating

thehill.com...

It's kinda moot. Although I'd have like to have seen a mature, responsible approach to our debt, it looks like it'll be a lowered credit rating.

Thanks Obama. The first president to be in power when our credit rating tanked.

Will this stop his spending?
No.
Will this inhibit raising the debt ceiling?
No.

Hey, Mr. President? Cloward-Piven much?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Hey, Mr. President? Cloward-Piven much?

EXACTLY! What better way to take down a system/state/nation than to over-burden their resources - on purpose - in order to destabilize it and ram through your own agenda?

Plus,. I expect to see Soros become a trillionaire in less than two weeks. All with the help of his good buddy, Obama. Hurry people, buy what you need because bread is about to become 100 bucks a loaf..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The cause of the default is the USA's extravogant spending over the years not the Tea Party. From wgat I gather is all they is doing is saying enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Actually the Federal Reserve along with big banks and corporations lobbying against the American people that are purposely ignorant and frankly oblivious to their surroundings and to what is actually going on in their country is the root of the problem. The true tea party that was created by Ron Paul is the solution, but it seems that nobody in congress or even the mainstream media have the balls to stand up for what is right in this world anymore.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am sorry that your position is so jaded on this subject. I believe that the Tea Party is the start of a movement that will bring more Common sense to the area know as Washington D.C. that has long forgotten about who put them in there to begin with. Given some time and an open mind, you will find that what was is stated by myself, is and will soon be fact. America cannot keep going with this old 2 party system. The 2 party system is going to bankrupt us if we keep following this path. America cannot keep going with the same old Two Party system. This too will come to pass. All of this depends on an open mind and a willingness to accept change out of your comfort zone. Once you decide to step out of your comfort zone, you will understand what I am saying. Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What do I think?

The old world will burn in the fires of industry, and I very much so look forward to it.

Hopefully they'll kill the republican party soon, and the democrat party will topple soon after. I prefer a three way system indeed. It forces cooperation, not necessarily compromise.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by inven104u2

Co-alliton governments dont work they just spend all their time arguing about policies and neither party gets the plan they wanted in the end. Just ask Nick Clegg

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I agree with most of what the OP states...However, the cuts need to come from the military and their endless, meaningless wars, not the old folks on Social Security/Medicare.

Who would extend the credit card limits for a thirsty,. falling down drunk sailor? No. Take away his credit card, cut it up and put him on the right path.... Nuff Said

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join