It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

New vulcanism on the moon equates to a climate change.

Moon > no atmosphere > no climate

So no...it doesn't equate to climate change on the moon...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Al Gore has the answer to global warming...

satireworld.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I found the video on YouTube. The WTF look from Bill Nye is priceless!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

No it wasn't. Clearly someone here was an idiot and it was not sir Nye.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Well for the record, this year has been both the coldest and the hottest. The only thing that can be observed int he long term is that the weather is getting more extreme. It has not yet been long-term observed to be getting hotter or colder.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You can tell by watching the video that he instantly regretted saying that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Cuervo

What the hell is this idiot talking about?

Complete and utter moron.

He's not a complete and utter moron!

He's only paid to play one on tv LOL (ducking)!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh come on, I don't like fox news either, but just because of their their anchors doesn't know the answer, doesn't mean they all don't.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
I found the video on YouTube. The WTF look from Bill Nye is priceless!!!

www.youtube.com...

Ha, nice! I had not watched all the way to the end till just now and it seems to me that Bill Nye made a Massive pile of hard to explain away rhetoric all the way thru, and everyone in that segment looked a little freaked out even after he says goodbye.

classic stuff.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: Go BILL Go

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This is a sad ideological attempt to discredit another person for not being knowledgeable in a topic unrelated to their profession. An attempt at character assassination based on a clearly bigoted point of view. Very much like what is happening with politicians that has gridlocked our government and caused it to be held hostage by radical ideologues.

Your topic is just some kind of sour grapes argument that has no relevance. What is sad is you are simply doing the same as our leaders have so wrongly done and following their example of how not to conduct a debate.

I've been guilty of the same often, but I'm waking up to the fact of how wrong minded I've been. When we close our minds to new ideas or opposing ideas, we doom ourselves to the same thing that has held science back all throughout history. The same problem that leads to new ideas being quashed simply because of sciences stubborn arrogance in believing that they know everything there is to know, which is of course absurd.

This interviewer clearly made an error, which has zero to do with whether Climate Change is man caused or not. That means the only reason to make a huge deal out of it is pure hate. It accomplishes nothing, solves nothing and leads to no answers.

When we limit our sources of information or our ideas to only those we agree with, we are intellectually dead. Just as intellectually dead as our current government leaders are. When we do it based on Partisanship it is even worse because we are simply acting as Parrots for someone else.

In your opinion, how does a post like yours advance the debate on climate change and it's cause? Why does a person who is not an expert on the topic making an error offend you so much you launch such an extreme attack on them. Why do you not instead present evidence and facts to support your point of view, since character assassination of a person who made an error in a question is meaningless to the topic?

edit on 7/30/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Cuervo

Once again a thread descends into the left vs right mudslinging nonsense.

I've taken away my flag.

I know, right, and here you are only wanting to hear from just the so-called 'Right'.

SO unfair,

Flagged to replace your nonsense.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The anchor was pulling at strings and just completely whiffed. It's clear that he knew nothing about climate change, which disturbs me because I believe that if you hold an adamant view on something, you should damn well know why you are right. Faith only applies to God, and many would even argue that. What a joke.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm confused as to how asking a question of an expert is in fact disinformation or deflection?

Why is this not in the Rant Forum or the Political Madness Forum where it belongs? Your motive is political and it is a rant?

I'm one of those nuts who watches multiple sources of News and considers all sides. I don't limit my information sources due to some misplaced anger or out of control Partisanship, where am I going wrong? How exactly and in detail does this add to our knowledge or the debate?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There is another post similar to this going around on StumbleUpon.

I have to say I am so tired of the yes and no arguments that I do not know what to believe anymore.

Still a good read though and thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Bill Nye essentially owned this clueless Fox News anchor.

The anchor might as well have been drunk... the look on his face was of sheer stupidity and lack of real scientific curiosity. It's like having the dumb jocks from high school reporting your news to you... you just wanna hit them in the face.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by mudbeed

Well for the record, this year has been both the coldest and the hottest. The only thing that can be observed int he long term is that the weather is getting more extreme. It has not yet been long-term observed to be getting hotter or colder.

Umm... what are you talking about? A year cannot simultaneously be the hottest and coldest year on record... please clarify exactly what you mean by this.

The truth is, with a La Nina (cooling) effect earlier in the year, 2011 is about the 10th hottest year on record. The hottest years on record have all been within the last 12 years, and this last decade was the hottest decade on record with temps continuing a sharp upward trend.

Certainly weather is getting more extreme, this erratic weather is very likely caused by recent climate change which itself is caused by anthropogenic global warming.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
World population,

4,729,542,349 adults x 0.2 sq. m = 945,908,469 sq.m

2,026,946,721 children x 0.1 = 202,694,672 sq.m

__________________________ _______________

Total area needed = 1,148,603,141 sq.m

= 1,149 sq km.

You could probably fit them all a few times over in tiny Britain, or even Nor'n Ireland.

AGW ?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If they put an anchor on TV without knowledge of the subject matter its asking for trouble.

I'm pretty sure FOX has enough teleprompters lying around to prevent it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm confused as to how asking a question of an expert is in fact disinformation or deflection?

No more 'deflection and disinformation' than if I ignored your question in favor of asking if volcanoes on the moon relate to a possible penchant for bestiality amongst Tea Partiers.

See how that works? Im just 'asking questions'!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Certainly weather is getting more extreme, this erratic weather is very likely caused by recent climate change which itself is caused by anthropogenic global warming.

Climate Scientists would not make such a bold statement. They might say it 'may' be due to such and such, but no one is saying that the weather in the past few years is 'evidence' of climate change. That requires decades more data and analysis, at least. To present it as so cut and dry is inaccurate.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join