It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How one makes a diferance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How does one make a difference , let me tell you, it not only proves that a mans word is still his word but there are ones that care. I have heard and been told the words "I will help" or "if you need" but then there have been strings attached, such as "bring me" or "send me the receipts, before i will help you out" or "I have work for you but", no this person did help, with no stings, no questions, my word and his word that's all, my word yes i need help, his word, i will. So he did.
It is not often you hear of or have the pleasure of meeting or knowing such a person now a days, we all seem too busy , not caring nor looking out for one an other, some time's in real need you hear about it. In times of flood's fires and EQ's.
What about the rest of the time when there is no "mass disaster need" but there is still a need.
Do you care if your neighbor goes with out ?
Do you ask if they need help , with nothing more as a thank you as payment?
Yes some do take advantage of your help. It becomes an expiation on their part, they take and take, does this make you leery of helping? Do you say"one of many, not all are like that" so you help the next, or do you say , "been used once never again"? I my self have been used and abused, taking advantage of, but i still help,the best i can. it might be the use of tools ,or know how, it might be some food, some spare change, it might be a ride to the store, it just might be asking them how you doing, you need anything, what do you need?
As being one of the ones in need, i say, thank you.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
wow, am I the only one that received help from a person that you have never meet? With no strings attached? i thought there would be a lot that had this happen to them or knew someone that did.

join