It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on North Dakota Flood Devistation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Since the devistation in North Dakota has dropped out of the MSM I thought it might be nice to get an update. This if from a local paper. The damage is huge and they are brining in foreigners to rebuild.
minot news

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That place sounds lost to me, a lot of people will leave and never return. This is what happens when our country is broke and we can't even take care of our own. We seem to take care of everyone else, though, it makes no sense to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

He said with workers arriving from far-flung countries such as Honduras and Nicaragua, a sinister criminal element is already taking advantage of the migrant employee base that follows disasters around the country - including members of international drug cartels and gangs such as Mara Salvatrucha, also known as MS-13.

"They prey on these people that travel around, just like a carnival," Kukowski said.

He said that a particularly noisy incident in northwest Minot Monday night had irritated the neighborhood, and by Tuesday morning city alderman were already "raising cane because the neighborhood wants them out."

"They wake them up with a bullhorn, they call them to meals with a bullhorn," Kukowski said, adding that around 150 employees were chanting Monday night that they wanted their per diem.

"They're going to move this out into the county, and then we're going to have to deal with it," Kukowski said. "It's good to have the Border Patrol, because most of them are Spanish-speaking."

It sounds like the foreign help that they've brought in is more trouble than it's worth :shk:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok i have a vary dumb question, Being a neighbor to ND, I'm curious with all the joblessness in the country, WHY are we bringing in Foreign workers?

There's hand fulls of people who I'm sure who would be happy to do manual labor at this point in the economy. Or am i mistaking? Perhaps America really has become a lazy nation where much of the workforce is afraid to do some dirt manual labor.

For me this isn't out of the ordinary coming from farm country where most of us still jump in and get dirty and sweaty running a shovel or some other tool that requires your back and arms.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Canada uses the military, they're getting paid anyway.

www.cbc.ca...

"The Town of Souris asked the provincial government for additional resources and, given the short time frame and the need to quickly mobilize resources, I authorized the request to the Department of National Defence for military support," Selinger said, announcing 200 troops will be involved.

"We know we can count on the military when we need their help," the premier said. "People in the community have been doing their best, and we need to be sure we do all we can to prepare."

The community in southwestern Manitoba is building up its defences for the expected crest of the Souris River on Tuesday. Some dikes may have to be raised to a height of nearly four metres.

Lots of strong young people, willing and able to work. Since they're on salary anyways, we make use of them.

We call them in for hurricanes, ice storms, etc.

I don't understand why workers from south of the US would be sent to work close to the northern border, especially when there's been so much trouble with illegal immigration

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We could use the National Guard, but I heard all of them are being sent to Iraq. Maybe Iraq is more important to TPTB than US

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Look up "The Docturine of Crediblity"

28 Jan 1999 – According to the doctrine of credibility, a nation that wished to have its way in international affairs was obliged, in a sense, ...

they made a movie about it ,, Burt Lankaster,, real good movie,,but remember it was made in the radical Hippy 60's so it may be banned.

Its on you tube look for " twilights last gleeming "

and yes thts Ray Charles singiing the intro music.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

www2.iath.virginia.edu...

According to the doctrine of credibility, a nation that wished to have its way in international affairs was obliged, in a sense, to make demonstrations of indifference to its own survival, for it was obliged constantly to show its willingness not just to unleash force on others but to put the gun to its own head and pull the trigger--its willingness, that is, to "face up to the risks of Armageddon." Perhaps for this reason, policymakers of the time often announced it was an aim of American policy to cultivate a reputation for "unpredictability." The ultimate in unpredictability, of course, would be to blow up the world, oneself included.

"Indifference to its own survival"

That fits. The American government is looking strangely suicidal these days.

The disasters around the country - floods, fires, etc - just don't look like there's any sort of organization to get the job done. No motivation either, the people affected are motivated, but they can't get the right kind of help, when the government, either federal or state, doesn't care, or is trying to busy trying to destroy the country.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this article.

I have been wondering what is going on with all the states that have had flooding. Not hearing much here on ATS any more.

And the fact that they are bringing in people from other countries is Bull SH*T! We have so many US citizens out of work, why bring in foreigner's?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5
[mor

I agree. Bringing in foreigners to work is the wrong thing to do. There are plenty of Americans that are willing and able to work, especially in that area.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

top topics

join