It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strong smell all over grimsby (uk)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
theres been a strong smell all over grimsby (uk) today... it stinks like manure...
sometimes it smells like this when the farmers spray the fields around but nothing like this.... this stinks and has done all day and still is

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Chemtrails, GMO spray to kill the sheep ? Depop poison ? McDonald spraying excess crap to sterilise you ?
We could go on all day! I am filled to the brim with ideas! And I'm feeling very cheeky! Next I'll be sounding like 10(doctor) and sporting a brown coat!

edit on 29-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe someone in your neighborhood use manure to grow plants.
My italian neighbor often spray manure on his lawn. It smell awfull, but his lawn is pristine.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

yeah i'm in grim to just to let you know nothing suspicious you know that new water treatment facility on the edge of town close to the a180 well they never fixed the problem from the other year so yes occasionaly the town does smell like # soz an all but the real issue is wednesday night 1.30 am the sirens went off at one of the refineries or chemical plants yet nothing in the media about it

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick

yeah i'm in grim to just to let you know nothing suspicious you know that new water treatment facility on the edge of town close to the a180 well they never fixed the problem from the other year so yes occasionaly the town does smell like # soz an all but the real issue is wednesday night 1.30 am the sirens went off at one of the refineries or chemical plants yet nothing in the media about it

grimbsy smells like s**t.... why does that not suprise me..

sorry lads... couldnt help it..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

don't worry about it glad to have made you laugh oh and I'm way over the other side so no smell where I am lol feel for them on gilbey rd elsenham way on not

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Pretty Grim in Grimsby...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Maybe the wind is extra strong this year? Or is consistently pointing in the direction of your house?

I live not too far away from a few farms, and every year around the same time you get a pungent smell as the farmers spread manure over the fields.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Misterlondon

don't worry about it glad to have made you laugh oh and I'm way over the other side so no smell where I am lol feel for them on gilbey rd elsenham way on not

its not the water works as i dont live no where them....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Do they still have the large fish market there?

Rotten fish ain't sweet.

Tip: follow your nose and let us know what you find.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I find that offensive that people think Cow s!@t ranks up there with dead fish and other rotten things, I myself find the smell of cows quite wonderful. Goes for a few other animals as well. Now Birds on the other hand are horrid. Specially when they are in confinement barns, Both turkey and chicken are strong enough to choke a rat. Of course its the ammonia that makes it worse.

Just my sliver of the pie though, Being from a farm a persons senses are a bit different.

added:Or is it more of a chemical fertilizer smell? that's a whole different ballgame.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Pegasus2000 because: added Content

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

eh your a fine one to talk I've been to wigan
it's what you make of it that count's and my little patch is quite sweet thanks but yeah there are grim parts just like wigan

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

eh fella for 16 yr lived in the sticks so know full well what cow muck pig muck chicken doda smells like and it aint that sweet round this time of yr

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

no not any more, or what it used to be like, most fish is now flown in from iceland, this town has gone down hill over the last 15 yr, they are trying though lots of flower boxes everywhere but no jobs down dock all agency these days, there is still a bit of life down dock but nowhere like it used to be, but town is still pleasent enough low crime rate and not alot of violent crime either so cannot complain

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

ever heard of prevailing winds and yes it is the water works drove past today and it stinks had a load to drop off at the tip sorry to contradite you but at least follow your nose as was suggested by another poster and what edge our you on rough location havent you noticed the sea breezes we get twice daily

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bauldrick

no it wasnt the water works its the fields as ive just found out

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

well then there is two sources of the stink as I said I went passed it on the way to the tip so we are both right and I noticed it all the way over at humberston tonight on the way back from the carnival

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Death_Kron

eh your a fine one to talk I've been to wigan
it's what you make of it that count's and my little patch is quite sweet thanks but yeah there are grim parts just like wigan

If Grimsby is worse than Wigan, I hope I never have the experience of visiting. The Northwest is pretty grim.

top topics

join