It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that when people talk about Obama deficit spending they dont acknowledge that over 75% of

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
P.S. I don't like the ideology of Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi either.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

It's a bit tough to split the blame when you come across articles like this:

What was revealed in the audit was startling: $16,000,000,000,000.00 had been secretly given out to US banks and corporations and foreign banks everywhere from France to Scotland. From the period between December 2007 and June 2010, the Federal Reserve had secretly bailed out many of the world’s banks, corporations, and governments.. The Federal Reserve likes to refer to these secret bailouts as an all-inclusive loan program, but virtually none of the money has been returned and it was loaned out at 0% interest. Why the Federal Reserve had never been public about this or even informed the United States Congress about the $16 trillion dollar bailout is obvious — the American public would have been outraged to find out that the Federal Reserve bailed out foreign banks while Americans were struggling to find jobs.

To place $16 trillion into perspective, remember that GDP of the United States is only $14.12 trillion. The entire national debt of the United States government spanning its 200+ year history is “only” $14.5 trillion. The budget that is being debated so heavily in Congress and the Senate is “only” $3.5 trillion. Take all of the outrage and debate over the $1.5 trillion deficit into consideration, and swallow this Red pill: There was no debate about whether $16,000,000,000,000 would be given to failing banks and failing corporations around the world.

In late 2008, the TARP Bailout bill was passed and loans of $800 billion were given to failing banks and companies. That was a blatant lie considering the fact that Goldman Sachs alone received 814 billion dollars. As is turns out, the Federal Reserve donated $2.5 trillion to Citigroup, while Morgan Stanley received $2.04 trillion. The Royal Bank of Scotland and Deutsche Bank, a German bank, split about a trillion and numerous other banks received hefty chunks of the $16 trillion.

link here

So even if we raise the debt ceiling and give permission of a blank check, how in the world can we fix the economy with grotesque numbers like this? And how can we spend spend spend with a incredible debt like this? The lies and coverups far outnumber any positive concept of a 'recovering economy'.

Not directed at you, so offense intended

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Sorry, but your 2+2= purple.

You pointed out that a moron with a sign protested Obama. Thus, this whole thing is about race.

Then you pointed out how racist your relative is. Thus, this whole thing is about race.

1% does not represent, nor come close to voicing the opinion as a whole. Thus, it is not about race.

The race card is a fall back to for the likes of Sharpton, Farrakhan and Jackson. A plague on the society of debate.

No, it is not about race. He is a terrible president on his actions and merit alone.

SM2

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by shug7272

I think its partly because he's "black"... I don't think that's undeniable, the whole "the economy is bad and there's a black guy in office so it must be totally his fault" ideal is in full effect,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea2623fcd6b8.jpg[/atsimg]

Soooo the hinting by republicans that he is a covert muslim spy, a pseudo-nazi, non-american etc etc etc into infinity isn't considered racist nowadays? I must have missed that change. For Christs sakes, people held signs that read "NO MONKEYS IN THE WHITE HOUSE" in protest not even a month after his election. Get your head out your ass, the racism is blatant. Is it the sum total of the problems? No, but his race is a factor even if you dumbly refuse to admit the obvious. Lol the nerve of you to facepalm....

Google "Bush monkey picture" and check the images you get. So it's okay to make fun of a white man, and compare him to a monkey?

Your words not mine. Are you arguing the fact that "monkey" was among the racially charged words used pre-civil rights era? Lol. Why pretend like I'm pulling things out of thin air? There's been a tone of racism from the start, its not a hinted thing, its obvious and out in the open. To call a black man a monkey has a totally different connotation from calling a white man a monkey, they're both negative but the connotation is different. Call a black person a n***er then call a white man the same word, I bet you get totally different reactions even though the word originally meant "ignorant".

Stop playing stupid here. Racism is alive and well.

Actually, N*&^%$ stems from slang for Negra which means "black" in Spanish. It has nothing to do with being ignorant. Yes there have some elements in society that do not like Obama because he is black, just as there are people that did not like Bush because he was white. There are racists everywhere. That does not mean that this is the main reason why people do not like Obama. Has is ever occured to you to stop watching MSNBC or CNN long enough to realise that people can and do sometimes think for themselves and do not like his partisan rhetoric? Maybe do not agree with his brand of political thuggery or his my way or the highway attitude, or could it be that he is arrogant, ignorant and hypocritical? Most of his talking points recently have been patents lies and hypocrisy. All of these reasons I have listed are the reasons I do not like the man, it has nothing to do with his skin color. I still hold that you sir, are a racist and you need to sit back and re evaluate your opinions.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am trying to get you to understand that one side has as much blame coming as the other. I don't root for either team so I have no "winning" side.

But it just seems that even in the face of facts and truth you hold onto the Republican "team" no matter what. That does not go very far when trying to understand the truth of the matter.

Sometimes we have to admit that we were wrong....I was wrong for many years!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

and i am trying to get you to see that those same people who created the federal reserve that has destroyed trillions of american wealth are still in power of this country making it even worse.

i have my problems with republicans but they didnt created the federal reserve that has devalued the dollar and their demaoguery of their beliefs that has become legistation that has become decades of bad policies that is destroying this country and adding more of the same.

place all that on bush? the republicans? uhn uhn aint going to happen
edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

place all that on bush? the republicans? uhn uhn aint going to happen

But you will blame Obama and the Dems?

Isn't that just as disingenuous?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3799ab095cab.jpg[/atsimg]

A History of Surpluses and Deficits in the United States

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

stolen straight from social security the clinton surplus is the great lie that has and keep being pepetuated.

sheep read how many times do i have to say it its been asked and answered many times

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

To be honest, I have lived in GA. Yes, downtown Atlanta is predominantly Black. So what.
He was elected solely on the premise of being the first Black President.
But, I hate to squash your outlook, it is wrong.
No, people as a whole do not dislike him due to his color. He is disliked based on his merits and actions.
And no, he is not a good man, as he is dragging our country down the toilet to fulfill his own ideological views.
Intelligent? Based on what? Getting a piece of paper from a College?

He is disliked by many, but not based on his color.

How does that squash what I am saying I live north of Atlanta on the Lake -- certainly you know the lake -- what I tell you is true I hear it at the Marina I here it on the water - on the yachts actually and if you haven't been there lately there are yachts -- the rich are actually doing quit well have you watched the stock market -- have you seen the boats that they are delivering into the marina, 40 ft is a dinghy a small dingy.

His ideological views are my ideological views -- I don't want to live in the crude wasteland that Tea Party wants I like the big boats. Since I was born in 1950 - things have worked out better with democrats for many more people - the BUSH decade and a half sucked big time. Clinton was very good for money.

Getting a piece of paper from a College - you know all these rich people -- if you don't have that piece of paper - maybe one of them can find a job for you in the shop. And actually -- Harvard still is a pretty big deal.

You are more than a little naive - I am sorry.
edit on 29-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think its partly because he's "black"... I don't think that's undeniable, the whole "the economy is bad and there's a black guy in office so it must be totally his fault" ideal is in full effect, but I think its also because he didn't bring an abrupt end to the blatant greed-motivated system in place now among the major corporations which really control the country. He gave them a stern talking-to and nothing more, basically letting business continue as usual. There should be a policing agency of some sort specifically aimed at corporations to stop the corrupt practices eating away at our country like rust on a pipeline.

Honestly, they need to cut the bs and legalize marijuana. The war on that plant is beyond stupid. There's millions of people in prison, costing the US billions, for smoking a naturally growing plant that is no more dangerous than tobacco or alcohol... in fact less dangerous. And more billions are spent trying to enforce the stupid laws that criminalize a plant. Just think about it, "nature is against the law"...a plant that existed before humans even knew what it was is "illegal". Prohibition made more sense than the war on marijuana.

Our country is burning itself with so many ass-backwards laws and regulations like this. There's a total lack of common sense in policy creation and the current economic situation is just one of the major side effects of this. Stupid ideas can only create stupid outcomes.

Listen, I don't like black people in general but me disliking the president has EVERYTHING to do with him being a liberal whether black or white I DO NOT want liberals running this country. Stop playing the f0c1ng race card already.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

I wish to God, I didnt see your post.
I havent seen much news in the past couple of days due to work..but has the media picked this up at all?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303s

Listen, I don't like black people in general but me disliking the president has EVERYTHING to do with him being a liberal whether black or white I DO NOT want liberals running this country. Stop playing the f0c1ng race card already.

So just what is it that the liberals -- the white ones - have done that bothers you so much -- the 90s were pretty sweet -- and the marijuana laws -- not so much liberal - that's a law and order thing and thats pretty much your guys. You could at least be honest it is the black guy after all.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
reply to post by OuttaTime

I wish to God, I didnt see your post.
I havent seen much news in the past couple of days due to work..but has the media picked this up at all?

Not sure if the MSM wanted to mention it. It has a thread here though

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Real stimulus would have been to give back to us. I think at one point it was said that every man, woman and child could have gotten $15,000. Well I think that would have helped, let the parents have the children's checks, to either put in a college fund, or what have you. and don't give a check to illegals.

Hmm, 15k bucks... I could have used that to pay off my car, and do some home renovating, maybe even add an addition to my house. right there I could have done 3 productive things. Eliminate one debt, spend money at home depot, and created some jobs with my addition.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i dont agree ever since 2006 when the democrates took over in the house and controlled it from 2006 to 2010 and controlled the senate from 2006 to present.

pretty hard to just blame bush when the democrats held the purse strings and controlled legislation.

all i hear now is about how obstructionist the republicans are seems to me all that supposed power they have now that would have meant

that the democrats could have stepped in and done something from 2006 to present but wait they didnt

and in my opinion whats going wrong with this country is on the democrats and only them.

and that stimulus bailed out unions and lawyers and did nothing that it was sold as.

obama and the democrats have the majority of the blame here and thats why they offer no real solutions

and i am not saying the republicans are any better than just a tad bit.
edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Blame the dems all you want in the end Bush still put his signature on everything he wanted. So if he signed it he gets the blame for it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
To answer the op, because the blame seems to go to the current puppet in office no matter who it is. Republicans tend to think that this is all "obamas debt" and "obamas wars" and that he caused it all. Democrats tend to think that its all bush's fault and obamas just working with what he was left when he took office.

The fact of the matter is that it is just the same old stupid two party debate that most people get sucked into which gets us nowhere. People are so busy blaming the opposing party that they miss the real issues, like that the entire government has sold the american people out to the richest .05%. Or that our foreign policy is not only destroying other nations, but creating more and more "terrorists" which means anyone who dislikes america. Its not one party's fault, its everyones fault, including the american people.

Instead of paying attention to what is happening with our own government with our own independent research, we are spoon fed the information they want us to hear, and believe every word of it. The majority of america either doesnt have a clue about what our "elected" officials are doing or they are happy enough with their quality of life to do anything about it.

I dont understand how anyone can continue to tow their party lines after everything we have seen in the last 20 years. There is no excuse anymore with the wealth of information that the internet provides, it is pure ignorance.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The GDP has been growing at 1% . Our debt has grown at 9% of GDP...Anyway you look at it we are running at
minus 8% of GDP.....That IS a negative number !!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join