It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
As I was reading, it just struck me !
I find myself actually agreeing with Mr. Boehner point.
We should not put any more taxes on the "job creators"!
You see, I just realised what he was saying.
Every time someone goes out and buys something that places more demand for the production of that particular product or service. The more things which are purchased the more demand there will be so the makers of these products will have to produce more of them. This is what has always created jobs in any economy.
The idea of someone creating jobs just because they already have a lot of money would seem to be folly.What incentive would they have to take on more work and responsibility than they have.
So the next time you hear someone say we should not increase taxes on "job creators", I hope you will think about who the real ones are. The top 10% of the people can only buy @ 10% of anything which is made. The remaining 90% can easily out spend them any day of the week.
If they really want to cut spending why don't we hear anyone talk about the cost of all the limos they use in Washington. Oh, and how about cutting back on the number of the congressional staffers. I would bet they could find lots of money which is wasted on such things if they dared to look around.
Quick question, does this mean the debt ceiling will be raised or not ?
TITLE IV—PUBLIC DEBT
SEC. 401. PUBLIC DEBT.
Subsection (b) of section 3101 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by striking the dollar limitation contained in that subsection and inserting ‘‘$16,994,000,000,000’’.
Originally posted by Cygnis
Here is the bill, as it stands this morning..
I'm still reading.. A lot of it seems to be the same 'ol same 'ol switching which hands have what,
I'm seeing Broadband subsides.. wtf.
ETA: It's now 104 pages.. Yesturday it was only 4 pages.. wtfedit on 29-7-2011 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)