It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the debt crisis actually a coup in progress?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
After watching what's happening in Washington in dismay, anger, and disbelief, trying to make sense of it all, I had this thought:

What if it is really a well-engineered coup?

Bear with me a moment.

If the Tea-Partiers' goal is to control the presidency, the House, and enough of the Senate to completely dominate government, it sure seems like it could be successful from the looks of things.

By creating a debt crisis, they are in a position to crash the economy. If the economy crashes, they can frame it as incompetence and intransigence on the part of the administration, offering grounds for impeachment (I know, slim grounds, but they impeached Clinton over a bj, remember?). If Boehner tries to reason with them, he can be replaced with one of their own: that seems to be the direction things are going.

So we would have a media ready to support impeachment, a readty-made frame of distrust of the administration that would enable impeachment of both the President and Vice-President on grounds of incompetence and voila!:

A Tea Party President, as Speaker of the House is next in line.

Coup accomplished with an appearance of legitimacy.

It is the only thing I can think of that makes sense of what's happening.

I hope I'm wrong, but...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think it is more likely a conspiracy to destroy the tea party movement. After we default, it will be spun that it was all the tea party's fault for holding up the Republican Party. "Never again, can we let this happen". Obama will say.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It appears to be a coup. For my half ahundred years alive in this life, I have only seen 2 other events as surreal, apocalyptic, traumatic, and paradigm-changing as this, and those are the JFK assassination and 9-11-01. I'm not sure it's the Tea Party though, I think it's more, powerful foreign, corporate, and banking interests and those attendees of the Bohemian Grove. It's totally EVIL though. What the Catholic Church terms "diabolical". Maybe not since Germany 1938, even.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentorman

That doesn't explain the Tea Party's behavior.

You're saying they engineered a crisis to commit suicide?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

The Tea Party is a tool, nothing more.

From what I know it was started and financed by the Koch brothers, and those guys aren't exactly the standard-bearers of freedom and democracy.

So you're right to look behind the curtain and view the game from their perspective.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

. . .

From what I know it was started and financed by the Koch brothers

. . .

Umm . . . try Ron Paul . . .

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just love how even on ATS this seems to have devolved into something Partisan. It's either one side or the other trying to get away with murder when the reality is and always has been that BOTH SIDES are laughing at us all the way to the bank!!

The scary reality is if we keep spending this way default is only a matter of time no matter what we do. This is what the ORIGINAL tea party was trying to bring to the attention of the american public.

What is now called the tea party bears no resemblance to it's original form. With this being said though to blame one side or the other and not both of them would be sheer folly at this point. The purely theatrical push and pull act going on now is just plain SCHLOCK theatre.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We replace Obama when? I'm wondering since we're so close to a new Presidential election...why would they bother?

btw... Unless Ron Paul is elected...it may be a New President, however: It will be... Bush=Obama=Add New President here! I believe all the Presidents since JFK have worked for the NWO... that's why JFK was killed. He did try to warn of the Military Industrial Complex and that if allowed to go on as they have...they will become sooo big... America might be screwed!

I'm sick of Regan being praised for a job well done! Does anyone remember that Quail backed Big Business and it's moving over Sea's? SmithCorona I believe is one of the companies he persuaded. I'm sure he really had to use a LOT of persuading when it came to lower working pay, no health Ins, taxes, etc..etc...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
I just love how even on ATS this seems to have devolved into something Partisan. It's either one side or the other trying to get away with murder when the reality is and always has been that BOTH SIDES are laughing at us all the way to the bank!!

The scary reality is if we keep spending this way default is only a matter of time no matter what we do. This is what the ORIGINAL tea party was trying to bring to the attention of the american public.

What is now called the tea party bears no resemblance to it's original form. With this being said though to blame one side or the other and not both of them would be sheer folly at this point. The purely theatrical push and pull act going on now is just plain SCHLOCK theatre.

THIS.
I agree with this completely.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I hate the statement that JFK was the last "good" president. Do some research. His father, was ambassador to England during the beginning of WW2, he was the first SEC director, was a stock market millionaire, attended Harvard. JFK was bred to be a "leader", just wasn't trimmed to be president, that was to be his older brother, who was killed in combat in WW2.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

By creating a debt crisis, they are in a position to crash the economy. If the economy crashes, they can frame it as incompetence and intransigence on the part of the administration, offering grounds for impeachment (I know, slim grounds, but they impeached Clinton over a bj, remember?). If Boehner tries to reason with them, he can be replaced with one of their own: that seems to be the direction things are going.

I stopped expecting this to be anything rational after this paragraph. You act as if there was no debt before the Tea Party existed. Sorry, but the Tea Party didn't create anything they just pointed it out. So, by this logic the doctor that finds cancer in a patient should be cited for giving the patient cancer. We have been in a debt crisis since this country started running on a massive credit card. Well guess what, the credit line is about to run out because of years and years of reckless spending, and now you want to blame the Tea Party?

edit on 7/29/2011 by SpaDe_ because: ...brain keyboard filter failure

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This thought has crossed my mind too, but my own thought is a coup to get rid of the Federal Reserve, something Ron Paul has been after for a long time. After all, most of the "debt" is owed to the FED, and if America went bankrupt that debt would cease, would it not? America really needs a new system of exchange, and a new kind of tax too. The old ways no longer work.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

Read this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... backs up what you are saying about both sides are laughing at us all the way to the bank.... especially Article 3.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

you are very right about the Koch brothers. you should look into these guys; they are nothing if not interesting. in fact one had his sights on the presidency not that long ago. if I'm not mistaken he ended up running. the egocentric idiot even had coins made with his image on them. the Koch boys and their billions, along with their jaded, unholy cohorts on the U S Supreme Court, Thomas & Scalia would love to take hold of this country. in many ways they already have. the Tea party itself isn't smart enough to find it's way out of a paper bag but with the Koch boys at the wheel God knows what would happen to this country. if you aren't white, (yeah I know Thomas is black, that doesn't mean he approves of them) wealthy and connected you are on the short list to be marginalized. the Koch boys; in reality what a pathetic joke these 2 are.
edit on 29-7-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

What do you mean when you say "They impeached Clinton"? They did not impeach him. Secondly, if there was a coup in play, they best means they would have for grounds to impeach would be to force Obama to invoke the 14th Amendment and then assert he overstepped his executive bounds imo.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The debt was there, but what is happening now is different from what has gone before.

The crisis is purely an engineered one. The debt ceiling raise is more of a formality than anything else, but by refusing to accept victory and compromise in the slightest, the markets can be and are being manipulated. Think it through: who will benefit most from a downgrade in US credit and subsequent rise in interest rates?

Who benefits if the crisis created crashes the economy?

What stage is being set up for what drama?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Ok, they tried and failed.

I stand corrected in that sense.

But they did impeach him and forced a trial they lost.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Mentorman

That doesn't explain the Tea Party's behavior.

You're saying they engineered a crisis to commit suicide?

Have you listened to their leaders -- talked to the rank and file -- These aren't the smartest hammers in the box. They are just scary because the can motivate a whole bunch of very low information voters

The republicans would very much like to see them go away because the people people the republicans are beholden to (we know who they are) are telling the republicans that this is not quite what they paid for.
edit on 29-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

thats all they can do is just regurjitate what soros and the left wing propaganda machine tells them
edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Since we are still under a declared State of Emergency, stemming from 911, do you think this could come into play regarding the debt crisis; the President can suspend rights, freedoms, even those guaranteed under the constitution. Actually, he could do whatever he wants to do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join