It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Police Chief needs support on this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yup, the cop hater is at it again.

DALLAS - Even though a judge has ordered the Dallas Police Department to allow a fired officer back to work, the chief is vowing to keep him off the streets.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown makes it no secret he considers Officer Clayton Woods a liability to the department.

“It’s not a very pleasant feeling to have this officer back with us,” he said.

And why would it feel so unpleasant?

Internal affairs documents show the 10-year veteran first was suspended for five days in 2004 for excessive force.

“He kicks a handcuffed suicidal man who happens to be black in the chest while he is handcuffed and defenseless,” Brown said.

Those same records show in 2007 Woods was suspended for three days for using racial slurs in an email to an ex-girlfriend.

“He calls the new boyfriend the N word, calls her a ghetto whore and sends it to her,” Brown said.

It doesn't end there either. This cop is a loose cannon that needs some serious mental treatment, NOT put back on the streets with a badge.

There is another group of people that the majority of turn my stomach as well, lawyers

Woods’ attorney Bob Gorsky said despite the suspensions, it was unfair to fire an officer with 28 commendations.

“Our position was Officer Woods in this case, based upon the facts and based upon the prior precedence that had been set by the department, deserved another opportunity,” Gorsky said.

It really doesn't matter how many commendations someone gets, thats like saying a child molester shouldn't be "punished" because he is a priest and prays for the sick.

A judge ordered Woods to undergo training on anger management, honesty and racial and gender sensitivity.

“We’re having to put him back but we’re not going to put him back into public contact even though the judge directed us to do that. We’re looking forward to the next level of appeal,” Brown said.

Ah the root of the problem, cops need "training" in common decency. If someone actually needs "training" for this they probably should not be getting the job to begin with.

EDIT: Forgot the link
www.myfoxdfw.com...

edit on 29-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
and this is the very reasion police have become so agressive .
They are learning just like every one learns . And ehat lession is being tought to the police?
Simply No matrter what you do A You will NOT be charged with a crime B 99& of the time worst taht will happen is you get a few weeks off with pay as we spin the story .
C and last but not least if We accedentialy hire a GOOD sheriff or poilice chife We will rectifi taht asp and get you back on the FORCE ((( and by FORCE we do meen EXSESSIVE FORCE

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Bad cops are one of my big pet peeves. How are we supposed to trust any of them if there are bad apples that are willing to kick handuffed people. How can we let this type of personality have a gun and a badge?!?

If there are many more stories of cops beating helpless people down, the revolution may come sooner than TPTB want...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

Doing a little googling, it seems this Chief has no issues getting rid of bad apples

Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown terminated Officer Kelly Beemer, #9303; Officer Johnny Rodriguez, #8200; Officer Manuel Romani, #8844; Officer James Rucker, #4759; Officer Paul Bauer, #9734; and Officer Henry Duetsch, #9179, during disciplinary hearings Thursday.

It is alleged that on September 5, 2010, Duetsch violated the Emergency Vehicle Operations Policy. It is further alleged that Duetsch engaged in adverse conduct when he intentionally re-positioned a Digital Video Recorder to prevent officers’ actions from being recorded and was insubordinate when he failed to follow the direct order of a supervisor to cooperate in an Internal Affairs Investigation. Officer Duetsch was hired by the department in July 2008 and was assigned to the Southeast Patrol Division.

Since this was reported on the 24 of sept 2010 he doesn't waste time doing it either.
www.pegasusnews.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's amazing how the system works, isnt it?

We can't stop making and storing billions of dollar coins because it would require a law to stop.

We can't get rid of bad employees because of all the red tape.

If we do actually get rid of them the courts force them back on the job.

It's easy to understand nihilism in a world like this.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Its so obvious, at least to me, the common idiot clown in the town square, that this system is meant to keep the bad and get rid of the good. Which doesn't surprise me as the job in and of itself involves, kidnapping, theft, and murder on a daily basis. It really is a job for the sociopath.

edit on 29-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm finding the silence from the LEO community here rather telling. Just sayin

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yes...I stared it...yes I flagged it. Oh, how the police chief is in the right and oh how the judge is out of order. You know, Texas has no laws regarding employment. If someone sucks at their job, then they are subject to termination...no official explanation legally required. Police should be no different.

When was the last time someone in TX was fired from Burger King and they had a judge reinstate their job?....don't worry, I'll wait..

This turd of a cop deserved more punishment than he got....let me cross his path...then we can talk justice!

To the OP:
for the thread!!!

you deserve applause for your effort!

The one (and only) thread I ever composed (in favor of the cops) went completely unnoticed/unappreciated...and it was in regards to the same police dept!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
DPD stays in deep water, much like Dallas Independent School District, and the Dallas City Council. This is why I refuse to live in Dallas County. I will WORK in Dallas, but I live in Tarrant County and have always just made the commute.

I am MOST familiar with some of the shennanigans of DPD, as back in the mid-nineties I worked as a paralegal in the Dallas City Attorney's office - Civil Rights department. basically, when you work in Civil Rights for a City - it generally means police brutality cases. Most of them were bogus, pro se actions filed from inmates who had nothing better to do but hang out in the law library in jail... but some were just ... well... wrong. way wrong.

the most notable and i think "famous" case i worked on was the fake drug scandal. not the criminal cases against the officers, but the civil case(s) against the city (which was prepared to throw the individual officers under the bus to save it's proverbial butt). In working on this case, and having access to and indexing 9and bates labeling) alllllllll the documents that came from the internal affairs department and the public integrity unit that were initially used in the criminal cases (against the officers) when they were before the grand jury - i was surprised to find out just how many cases of sexual assault were reported against DPD officers, specifically in the narcotics department. It seems like so many of their undercover cops had developed a drug problems (for one) and they would just literally force some of these drug addicted (and quite frankly NASTY) women to have sex with them to stay out of jail. the women would go along with it, and would also agree to set up buy busts, etc. for these cops and then in the end... when the officer had gotten plenty of busts out of these women, and they were starting to get the reputations of snitches and were no longer useful - they'd bust em. and these chicks would report it from jail.

Now i know that some cases could be complete BS... but the AMOUNT of them, and the fact that it was against only a very small handful of the Narc unit, really just set wrong with me.

i have never done defense work for a city or county again, nor have i ever worked in prosecution (or in criminal law, for that matter - either side). it was very disheartening for me to find out that the "good guys" were worse criminals than some of the criminals they were arresting.

being the daughter of a police officer who was shot and killed in the line of duty (1975 - when cops were still kind of cool and just made ya pour your beer out. lol) it was all too much for me. i stay in civil courts now. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow, I don't think one single LEO on here has said a word about this. It would appear that the thin blue line is in full force here.

join