It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government to save DNA profiles of innocent people, civil liberties groups speak out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

(SCANDAL) UK government to save DNA profiles of innocent people!

www.naturalnews.com

If you are arrested in the UK on suspicion that you may have committed a crime but are later proven innocent, your DNA profile will still remain within government databases, according to a new report in The Daily Telegraph. After previously promising that it would destroy all DNA profiles of innocent civilians, except when charges involve violence or sex crimes, the UK government has now decided that it will keep such profiles after all, but do so "anonymously."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-7-2011 by Maxmars because: In Breaking Alternative News you MUST use the EXACT article title.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This absolutely disgusts me.
I have been arrested, charged and convicted on multiple occasions and I have no qualms with having my DNA on the Database. Its my own fault for committing crime when I was younger and I only blame myself. (Except for the various petty and downright unjust 'laws' that I broke. I think you all know what I am talking about..)

DNA profiles are encrypted numeric sequences that identify individuals within a database system. Law enforcement agencies use DNA profiles to easily identify individuals for the purpose of parental testing or criminal investigation. But UK officials want to retain all DNA profiles of individuals that are taken into custody, regardless of whether or not they actually committed a crime.

The government's excuse for breaching its promise in the matter is that retained profiles will supposedly be categorized anonymously. However, the UK's Home Office minister James Brokenshire openly admitted that it is possible to identify the profiles through simple laboratory analysis, which many civil liberties groups say is absolutely unacceptable.

So now you don't even have to be guilty of a crime to have your DNA categorised and shelved alongside real criminals. I think you should at least be charged with a crime before your DNA gets taken and kept. Let alone convicted and found guilty.

This is Tyranny on a disgusting level.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Microchip implants coming soon to a country near you!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A Breaking Alternative News thread already exists on this topic. Please add your comments and thoughts there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join