It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Poll: The U.S. Debt Crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just want to see H.R. 2306 get passed.
edit on 29-7-2011 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
might affect Canada a bit since both economies are tied together with a lot of trade, but I am unsure what is going to happen on the third.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I participated in the poll, now I have time
to worry all weekend about whether I will
get my disability check or not. There are
so many in the same boat as myself.

Can't you just see all the seniors, vets
and those disabled clamping down on
Washington?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey!!! US and UK citizen, move to CANADA this is the best place on earth as of july 2011.
It takes 1.06 US$ to buy 1 can$ and you"ll have completely free medicare and if you do not have any pension fund, the federal government will send you about $2000.a month for the rest of your life.
Nobody here want to move somewhere else.
Criminality is down
Economy is up
People are friendly
People did move before you ( your father or grandpa ) to have a better life and better future for their children and yours.
We are not that far north. U2 was in Montreal 2 weeks ago, Paul McCartney perform in quebec city last week and Rod Stewart tonight and tomorrow
Just think about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

In my opinion, it works two ways. One the US is in deficit mania right now, and two Obama is a sucker for campaign donations. I'm sure if a deal could be worked out, Obama could campaign with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I participated in the poll, now I have time
to worry all weekend about whether I will
get my disability check or not. There are
so many in the same boat as myself.

You are mighty brave to say that, as there are many right-leaners who like to scream that you are "stealing" from them, -no matter what- is ailing you.

Can't you just see all the seniors, vets
and those disabled clamping down on
Washington?

Just in case we find that we are forced to, me and a bunch of family members. (parent, siblings, in-laws) all ranging in age from near-mid-50's to mid '70s, have agreed to 'convoy' out East, and be protestors. Heyey, gonna have a revolution!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightback

Not for long if you let everybody and their mother in to take advantage of all your benefits, you'll see real quick how that goes....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightback

That sounds like something really good to think about.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

PhoenixOD
posted on 29-7-2011 @ 12:01 PM this post
Im not American so im not bothered either way.

Our national news tells us that raisng the debt celing will only delay the inevitable so good luck with that
edit on 29-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

haha so what exactly do you think is going to happen to your country if this one crashes, i'm pretty sure the economy of whatever country you are in depends heavily on US contribution, so please don't act like this isn't going to effect everyone in the end.
edit on 29-7-2011 by bdimi because: prove this guy a fool

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I was with you all the way till

Originally posted by Rightback
U2 was in Montreal 2 weeks ago, Paul McCartney perform in quebec city last week and Rod Stewart tonight and tomorrow
Just think about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

What exactly would that be?

jobs
telecommunication devices
computers
innovation
infrastructure

A public entity (Government or Corporation) only becomes rich because many people value it. If an entity is in great debt (see Government) its because people dont value it as much.

Prosperity is a measuring stick of societal value. Continually raising the debt ceiling is the attempt to increase value artificially, to make Government bigger instead of chunking it down (especially bureaucracy!).
edit on 29-7-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

If a government is in great debt it may be because certain people, factions, and corporations used their money and influence to lobby for tax cuts on themeselves while at the same time working towards overseas (expensive) operations that destroyed infrastructure that they then overcharged to rebuild.

See, there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
One question that was missing in the poll, was:

How badly does hearing the term "adult in the room" over and over make you want to gouge your own eyes out with one of those spoons used to eat grapefruits?

Put me down for "Very badly".

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think the whole thing is horse apples. None of it matters. They know what they want and they know the outcome. More of us being worse off then we already are.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: 8:06pm U.S. Central

(MSNBC)

Harry Reid: "We are headed for economic disaster."

(Have a nice day,,.......
)
edit on 29-7-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Only after they all had a good laugh about one of their cell phones going off (if I had all that lobbyist money, I'd buy a better ringtone). Cell phones going off at inappropriate times are always funny, even on the eve of armageddon.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I was wondering who was calling him, I could not tell, or hear clearly what they were mumbling about it, through their giggles.
edit on 29-7-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

They're all such freaking clowns. I hope they do drive it all into the ground, sometimes it takes a forest fire to clear all the brush and refresh the forest.

It was probably a bookie or something, afterall he's a politician in NV....
edit on 29-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The sign BO is holding up should read: Hi mom and dad send money. It is a good poll, it leans the way you answer the questions.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
why a hidden poll? thats so old, and susceptible to manipulation. sheesh. wont submit to these scam polls

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Oooh good stuff, thanks.

However, I note the second row of options is as follows:

Very Satisfied Satisfied Neutral Unsatisfied Very Unsatisfied

Is this the way it should be ? All the others are "agree/disagree" . It was a little confusing.

Will look forward to contributing further in this thread but wanted to get that out there.

Silent thunder, your avatar is exactly what a few scholars said is how Democracy (where a Republic Democracy) dies and ends. Our democracy is gone not going but gone, what is left is people picking the bones so they can enrich themselves at the expense of the country and others. The I got mine so F everybody else is the slogan for the day.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join