It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's behind China's hard line against Catholics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

In 2007, Pope Benedict XVI wrote an open letter to Chinese Catholics insisting that the church be free of state control but said the Vatican would like diplomatic ties with Beijing. He also added that Rome is not seeking the overthrow of the communist regime.

The following year, in a widely noted gesture, the China Philharmonic Orchestra performed for Benedict at the Vatican in the presence of Beijing's ambassador to Italy.

July 28, 2011, 5:40PM
Read more: Houston Belief (warning: cheezy blog with pop-ups)

The CCP is making it's own catholic bishops and the pope is trying to politely protest.

The force behind China's hardline against the actual Catholic Church, could it be
nothing more than the opportunity allowed by the current lack of coverage.
Where corporations will make news churches are quietly hijacked.

There seems to be a conspiracy in the widely secularized media
to avoid the generation of any sympathy for injured victims
when those victims are injured for the name of some God.

But this is an act of straight out counterfeiting.
One would think that this merits some level
of discussion or at least awareness.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It may not seem important to us in the West being a traditionally Christian culture but the Catholic faith is not only a religion it is a sovereign country. Apparently our goverments are ok with a number of their citizens serving a foreign potentate, which after all that's what the Pope is considering the Vatican's sovereign status, however the Chinese are, rightly in my opinion, a little more suspicious.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This statement is true and valid, but it is still two steps behind.
To bring it up to speed I pose the following rhetorical statement.
"And if the US did have a problem they would then counterfeit them?"

The opening post clearly states that normally this isn't discussed but a counterfeit church?
Thats something new.

David Grouchy
edit on 29-7-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

What's behind China's hard line against Catholics?

Communism, which correctly identifies organised religion as an obstacle to a successful workers’ revolution.

Totalitarianism, which sees in the Catholic church a rival wishing to exert power over Chinese people – a power the Party reserves to itself.

Did I miss anything out?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There are not only Earthly issues at play.

Orbitally speaking, the success of communism is seen as vital to the collection of information for universal purposes and the shaping of the future.

The success of Anarchy - which is the natural opposite force of communism and can be found within Capitalistic and Libertarian principles underlying our current democratic philosophy is vital to our continued existence and evolution as an Earthly species.

It's not a Holy war...it's an Evolutionary War. To think only globally is to be vastly under informed.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As far as historical factors go, the biggest thing you should know about is called the Tai Ping rebellion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Short version: "God's Chinese son" Hong Xiuquan (that's the title of one of the major biographies of the guy), successfully establishes a theocracy in China, and tries to conquer the whole thing. The result is a ~14 year civil war from 1850-1864.

He wasn't Catholic actually, but it has a lot to do with their skepticism of Christianity in general.

On the other hand, there are now or soon will be more Catholics in China than in Italy.

Also, there's the whole Communism thing. As far as the party is officially concerned, every religion is evil. They know that practically speaking, every religion is actually a rival to the party.

That's basically the whole thing against Falun Gong. It was all good and Chinese and had people exercising and such and everything was dandy... ...except then lots of people really got into it. Somebody would send out an email about practicing Falun Gong in the park and 10,000 people would spontaneously show up to practice together. Then things got ugly. The idea of thousands of 'boxers' getting together has a bunch of precedents in Chinese history and they almost all spell out revolution.

If I had to guess at how the people in power over there really see things...

I'm guessing they understand that they can't really check the spread of 'western' religions into China. If they are going to spread, they will spread. And I suspect they are at least a bit relieved that it is Catholicism and Christianity in general that is out in front, instead of Islam.
edit on 2-8-2011 by 11andrew34 because: typo

edit on 2-8-2011 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

edit on 2-8-2011 by 11andrew34 because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
ok heres china problem. 1. there is no such thing as time travel. Official Chinese Doctrine,

,thats why they banned back too the Future,, ya really )

2. there is no christian god because he say he if Alpha and Omega,, the Beginning AND the End,,
this proven Scientifically Impossible ,,( think,, American Police ,, the puppets),, so your god big fat phoney,,
so you big fat phoney,,

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Satan fears the first true church of His Only Beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.He will throw everything he can at it to discredit the Catholic Church. For if it wasn't so important he would charge all of his demons against it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I didn’t know Satan was Chinese.

My friend Rizwi thinks Satan is American.

My feeling is that he travels under a false passport.

edit on 3/8/11 by Astyanax because: bah.

new topics

top topics

join