It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical FICO Scores Oh please can you say health care rationing for the hardest workin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Came across this while checking the work email.

finance.yahoo.com...

What stood out like a red flag was ... Since the score uses information on patients' employment, homeownership and living situations, they say that in the current economic environment, the Medication Adherence Score may unfairly target people who have found themselves in challenging financial situations..

What I read out of this is the more money the less you have to spend for the same service. Rich get richer the poor get poorer

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They claim that this won't affect your insurance premium but I find that hard to believe. Your regular credit score effects many things including your car and home insurance premiums, so I'm sure this "score" will only evolve over time. It's starting out seemingly timid with just the predicted prescription drug usage, but it stated in the article it was using things like age, sex, etc to calculate these scores. With part of obamacare being the transition to a paperless medical record, this could easily be merged into your medical FICO score and either keep you from treatment or cause you to have very high premiums.

join