It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunker or Believer? Quick poll of ATS Members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I try to keep an open mind. On the one hand, with the numerous reports, videos, pictures, etc., there certainly must be something to it. But on the other hand, with so many reports, one would think there would be more solid proof, i.e. bodies, space crafts, etc. I have a strong belief in God, but at the same time, I believe that what some people refer to as God, others may consider an extra-terrestrial. I think it would be somewhat closed-minded for anyone to totally rule out the possibility that they exist.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I believe in a Creator, I hesitate to call it "God" simply because that seems to be more of a job description rather than a proper name. As for ET life, I do not just believe, I know. Many interactions and experiences have more than convinced me beyond doubt, and one in particular who took me on a journey and showed me many things not of this Earth made me fully convinced. Sometimes I wonder if I myself am not one of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I consider myself an atheist, on both counts...I don't believe in the presence of a supernatural, all-powerful deity who controls and creates all on its own whim. I also don't believe in the existence of extra-terrestrial beings who visit the Earth. There is no evidence for aliens, and God can not be proven nor dis-proven (as far as I know). So, I guess you could call me a skeptic...but I am a skeptic with a very open mind, and I would not dismiss any credible evidence for or against the existence of aliens or God. I just don't "believe" in things without having some sort of evidence to back it up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

yes i do believe in ufos/aliens seen many at night time even woke

the other half up to see one or two as she said it was all in my head

also i have seen three in daylight two with the whole family three kids

and the other half

and the god thing also a yes but not the god as a being

god is the multiverse the creator of everything

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
100% believer in ETs and so of course, UFOs aswell. They kinda come as a package...

Not so much god because like you said, Jesus was probably ET so i think angels ect are aliens and therefore 'God' is also. So i dont believe in god as that big guy in the sky with the beard.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i believe that man created 'god' not 'god' created man
im a total atheist
jesus, if he was real was a magician
and as for aliens/intelligent life?...
... the proof that there is intelligent life out there is that they havnt visited us

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

I am not trying to believe, but to understand.

My "belief" has changed SIGNIFICANTLY over the last decade or so to the point that now i am very, very sceptical.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

For me - having seen a bolts and all UFO up close in daylight - it's not even a matter of "belief". Belief is ephemeral and dictated by whim. Which is why it generally has a religious connotation. Yes, I am agnostic. But that has little to do with my sighting or my experience...

J.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I debunk everything until contrary evidence leads me in new directions.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

I am of the mindset that life must exist somewhere else out there. We cant be alone in the universe. I forget who said it, but the quote goes "If we were alone in the universe, it would be a huge waste of space". Ill look for the quote later on.

Im just not so sure they have been visiting earth. Earth is relatively tucked away in a dark dusty corner of the galaxy, and we have only been 'announcing' our presence to the universe for the past 50-60 years or so. I suppose you could argue we dont have to announce our presence if they are our creators, and have been look up to as gods. Then the sole reason we are even here is because they already visited earth in the first place.

I dont believe in the typical christian view of god or jesus. IMHO a more likely explanation is that christianity was 'Romanized' if you will, and went from being allegorical stories regarding morals and pagan sun worship, and was changed to be taken literally, and then embellished and doctored to instill fear in the masses as a control mechanism.

Ive never seen a UFO, or experienced anything paranormal. I do think it would be awesome if it were revealed they did exist, they have been visiting for thousands of years, or were even our original creators. As awesome as that would be, im leaning away from that being the case.

So then where did we come from, why are we historically spiritual, you ask? Honestly I have no idea. I cant speak to if a spirit or soul exists. I cant speak to the nature of god. I cant speak to many things. But based on everything I have read, these are my conclusions.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I believe in God and in aliens. For all we know aliens could be angels. I have seen things i could not explain but only time will tell the real truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join