It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Coast gun licences surge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Gold Coast gun licences surge

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

The number of new gun licences issued on the Gold Coast has risen 36 per cent in the past two years, nearly double the increase across Queensland, with one criminologist attributing the rise to fears over home invasions
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Our Aussie brothers and sisters have every right to be worried Home invasion rates are skyrocketing... two of the three people gunned down and murdered in this story were in fact Queensland officials...

One being Senior Constable Damian Leeding during an armed robbery at a hotel.
and the other
Colin Edgar Lutherborrow, 36, who was shot and left to die on a busy Broadbeach street

Criminals have no trouble getting their hands on illegal weapons yet those who do so legally must store those weapons in a disassembled state... with the ammunition stored separately...

It's fast becoming akin to a street festival for the bad guys there while law abiding citizen cringe behind locked doors...
rather than be understanding the government frowns on private ownership of firearms to the extent that rather than make life easier... the government is becoming more oppressive... I've read of one proposed changed to the queensland weapons act 1990...One where they intend to add toy guns to that... needing to be registered list...

our hearts are prayers go with all who live on the Gold Coast... good luck and keep fighting for your rights

www.brisbanetimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thank you for posting all of the anti and pro gun articles daddybare. I often just focus on US laws regarding gun control, when it really is a worldwide issue. When one country like Australia passes some restrictive law, there are plenty of other countries that want to jump on the bandwagon. It's like a "if it works there it can work here too" type mentality. The UN small arms treaty is a scary threat to our rights and it will only get more support drummed up by countries like this.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

I've read of one proposed changed to the queensland weapons act 1990...One where they intend to add toy guns to that... needing to be registered list..

The UK already has, in effect, a requirement to register in order to buy a toy that looks too realistic - sellers cannot sell to someone unless they fall into a certain category (ie established airsofter, theatre use, etc). Airsofters would usually need to be registered on a database maintained by the United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association. I do not believe the law requires it, but good luck convincing a retailer to deal with you otherwise.

So, in the UK, you already need to be registered in order to buy some toy guns

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
sydney banks town keeps it gangster and why would they change that

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Hey DaddyBare, I live on the Gold Coast.I can understand the increase.Or at least the cause and effect.Such things were once very rare here.This has come on the back of the finacial crissis.People are getting really desperate.I can't blame them in away.I talk to people everyday here about what is going on and the stories of hardship would break your heart.The Gold coast is one of the wealthiest area's in Australia.Kind of the Vagas Strip crossed with a Californian beach lifestyle.Beautiful beaches and house's.Everything is new and fresh.However unemployment here is the highest in the country.I don't recognize my own city anymore.It's not Detroit yet but it is heading that way fast.

new topics

top topics

join